Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She opened her mouth, about to say no. But when she looked at the utter bliss he was in, she found herself unable to.

And when she started to sing, it was with one of the most beautiful voices Pic had ever heard.

As Aventine started her singing, the tone of the music changed. It was no longer a performance, but a conversation. The music and Aventine traded back and forth, making the song feel more like someone longing for a second voice. Pic stated in wonder for many measures, and then reflexively started singing along. 

Aventines notes were full of hurt and hope, and Pics notes responded with joy and healing. The song continued: back and forth the melody went, and the staff looped around the two of them as Pic stood up and moved closer to the cot, and crouched down so he was at eye level with Aventine.

The song crescendoed, and Pic experienced something that hadn’t happened before: a song he sung with someone else ended beautifully, and with no one mad at him. Lights swirled around them and burst apart as the final harmony ended on a fifth chord. Pics smile no longer expresses only joy, but wonder and admiration as well as his face was mere inches from hers.

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

As Aventine started her singing, the tone of the music changed. It was no longer a performance, but a conversation. The music and Aventine traded back and forth, making the song feel more like someone longing for a second voice. Pic stated in wonder for many measures, and then reflexively started singing along. 

Aventines notes were full of hurt and hope, and Pics notes responded with joy and healing. The song continued: back and forth the melody went, and the staff looped around the two of them as Pic stood up and moved closer to the cot, and crouched down so he was at eye level with Aventine.

The song crescendoed, and Pic experienced something that hadn’t happened before: a song he sung with someone else ended beautifully, and with no one mad at him. Lights swirled around them and burst apart as the final harmony ended on a fifth chord. Pics smile no longer expresses only joy, but wonder and admiration as well as his face was mere inches from hers.

Aventine could almost smell him, he was so close. Her heart began to race. Why am I…

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

Aventine could almost smell him, he was so close. Her heart began to race. Why am I…

"That. Was. AMAZING!" Pic said as he jumped up. He paced back and forth really quickly, insane happiness in his eyes. "You can't just sing. You can sing! You... you... you're," his voice transitions to singing a whole chord as the staff swirled next to him, "wonderful!"

32 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"That. Was. AMAZING!" Pic said as he jumped up. He paced back and forth really quickly, insane happiness in his eyes. "You can't just sing. You can sing! You... you... you're," his voice transitions to singing a whole chord as the staff swirled next to him, "wonderful!"

“I-I…” she blushed, mostly of embarrassment. “I guess I… I just couldn’t turn you down.”

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I-I…” she blushed, mostly of embarrassment. “I guess I… I just couldn’t turn you down.”

“I’m glad you didn’t! We need to figure out what this could do. I’ve never had someone boost my magic like that before. We gotta sing again soon.”

Pic paused and glanced at the door. “Well since you’re clearly doing better, do we want to check on the Jar?”

8 hours ago, Cash67 said:

“I’m glad you didn’t! We need to figure out what this could do. I’ve never had someone boost my magic like that before. We gotta sing again soon.”

Pic paused and glanced at the door. “Well since you’re clearly doing better, do we want to check on the Jar?”

20 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Feels like someone replaced my torso muscles with rocks, but other than that, I’m okay. That music helps, though. Thanks.”

18 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Can you push that red button on the wall?” she asked.

@InfiniteInsanity

Yeah myself and pic forgot about that cause music. Pic equivocates happy music to healthy. Not his best move.

Pic pushes the button. 

10 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic pushes the button. 

Makes sense

“Thanks. You can give Jar Man my greetings.” She almost winced. She’d tried to avoid having a formal, more noble tone since she’d left. “I mean…”

17 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

anything on telepathy? "do you have any book of magic? i am trying to collect all magic systems from around the universe."

Elan nods, grabbing a book from his left, trying to keep his hands from shaking. “On the Connected Mind, By Lane Alterin-Hetemendiont.”

37 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Thanks. You can give Jar Man my greetings.” She almost winced. She’d tried to avoid having a formal, more noble tone since she’d left. “I mean…”

“What do you mean? I’m just going to check on the J.”

6 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash appeared. "How can I help?"

“She can’t move it seems.”

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

“What do you mean? I’m just going to check on the J.”

“She can’t move it seems.”

“Don’t worry about it.”

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash appeared. "How can I help?"

“Feels like someone replaced my torso muscles with rocks.”

4 hours ago, Invisible said:

Elan nods, grabbing a book from his left, trying to keep his hands from shaking. “On the Connected Mind, By Lane Alterin-Hetemendiont.”

"ahh thank you. isnt this a book on telepathy?"

1 minute ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash nodded. "Alright."

She walked over to a cupboard and pulled out some medication. 

"Take these." She handed Aventine two pills and a water bottle. "Drink lots of water and REST."

"Thank you. And don't worry - I have no plans of going through that ordeal again anytime soon." A light smile touched her mouth, and she took the pills.

2 hours ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar man slams his head into the door trying to open it. "What?"

Pkic quickly takes a few steps away from the door. "Are you alright in there?" he asks with a concerned tone. 

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Yep!" he opens the door with a red spot on his forehead. "Whats up?"

"Nothing yet..." Pic replies. "I was just checking on you and Aventine this morning after yesterday. Could you lay back down for me? I don't want you doing things before you've recovered."