Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

10 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

So far he's only been out for about 10 in-world minutes. I was gonna have him wake up if either Death left or someone woke him up. 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

So far he's only been out for about 10 in-world minutes. I was gonna have him wake up if either Death left or someone woke him up. 

only 10!!! its been about 4 or 5 pages

4 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm looked around at the ruined shelves. Many had toppled over or were missing entirely, and the ones that were intact didn't have much in them.

He slowly walked around the small area, his cloak pulled tight against the cold. Ruined scraps of paper rested across the shelves, covered in dust.

But there, resting in the corner of one of the shelves, was a small roll of paper, still intact. He opened it, revealing a chart filled with dots in unfamiliar patterns and strange symbols written in the margins.

"Here," he said. "Come take a look."

Insa

Insa shivered and pulled her jacket closed. The zipper had broken a long time ago but it carried too many memories to replace. And all that aside she liked the way it looked. Though now that it was cold she wished she had another layer to add.

She walked over to Bookwyrm and gently reached out and traced the patterns with her finger. "It looks important and cool but..." She looked up at him, "I can't read it. And I don't know what it is."

17 minutes ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa

Insa shivered and pulled her jacket closed. The zipper had broken a long time ago but it carried too many memories to replace. And all that aside she liked the way it looked. Though now that it was cold she wished she had another layer to add.

She walked over to Bookwyrm and gently reached out and traced the patterns with her finger. "It looks important and cool but..." She looked up at him, "I can't read it. And I don't know what it is."

"That's okay," he said. "I'll take a closer look; I should be able to figure something out."

He looked over and noticed Insa shiver. He wrapped his arm in his cloak and then put his arm around her.

"You okay?"

7 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"That's okay," he said. "I'll take a closer look; I should be able to figure something out."

He looked over and noticed Insa shiver. He wrapped his arm in his cloak and then put his arm around her.

"You okay?"

"Thank you." Insa paused and then shrugged. "It's cold."

13 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Very well.

Sensing an end to the conversation, she said, Would you prefer to remain anonymous to the others or may I tell them who you are?

19 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic awoke in a flurry of breath. How long had he been out for? What has happened right before he fell asleep? 

There was a voice. Pic remembered. He strained his mind, and everything came to him in a flash. The forbiddance of song, the exclusivity of endings. He Who Ends talked to me. Pic thought. 

At the edges of his memory, Pic had images of a dream he had where He Who Ends talked to… Aventine? Yes, no one else would have had such a melodic voice. But He Who Ends was polite, and didn’t really end anything. He also remembered peace and acceptance coming off of both He Who Ends and Aventine. But that made no sense! Why would anyone have peace in his presence? Pic swam through these thoughts as he woke himself up and tried to figure out who was where. 

@Spark of Hope @The Aspiring Archivist@InfiniteInsanity  @RoyalBeeMage @InvisibIe

On 3/1/2024 at 10:12 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa looked down and messed with the broken zipper. "She has a lot of power. It makes me nervous."

Bookwyrm squeezed Insa a little tighter. "I know it was hard for you to deal with her."

Ash

3 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic awoke in a flurry of breath. How long had he been out for? What has happened right before he fell asleep? 

There was a voice. Pic remembered. He strained his mind, and everything came to him in a flash. The forbiddance of song, the exclusivity of endings. He Who Ends talked to me. Pic thought. 

At the edges of his memory, Pic had images of a dream he had where He Who Ends talked to… Aventine? Yes, no one else would have had such a melodic voice. But He Who Ends was polite, and didn’t really end anything. He also remembered peace and acceptance coming off of both He Who Ends and Aventine. But that made no sense! Why would anyone have peace in his presence? Pic swam through these thoughts as he woke himself up and tried to figure out who was where. 

@Spark of Hope @The Aspiring Archivist@InfiniteInsanity  @RoyalBeeMage @InvisibIe

Ash moved quickly towards Pic. "You okay?"

Insa

33 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Bookwyrm squeezed Insa a little tighter. "I know it was hard for you to deal with her."

Insa nodded. "She's just a lot to deal with. She's so stubborn about what she wants she'd do anything to get it. It makes her incredibly dangerous."

3 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Aventine’s face had lost most of its redness, but a bit of it remained in her eyes. She smiled, but it didn’t quite reach her eyes.

Edited by Spark of Hope
Tense slip

Tal walked through the clinic. People smiled, waved, greeted him. He smiled, waved, greeted them. But the motion began to feel...forced. Cold. 

We could destroy them...

Tal froze. No, no, no, no. He was supposed to be safe here. No magic, no destruction, no...no...

I grow hungry.

Shut up! Get out of my head. 

I only come to take what's mine...

There is no place for you here. Leave.

Tal felt a sense of amusement radiating through him, one that he knew wasn't his own, one that he hadn't felt since he came to the clinic...it was followed by an image of flames, of the clinic falling to pieces, like it had when Kaos attacked. Only this time, Tal saw himself destroying it...

He fell to the floor, unconscious.

...again, if people want to interact we can but no pressure :P 

He's just in a random hallway somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal walked through the clinic. People smiled, waved, greeted him. He smiled, waved, greeted them. But the motion began to feel...forced. Cold. 

We could destroy them...

Tal froze. No, no, no, no. He was supposed to be safe here. No magic, no destruction, no...no...

I grow hungry.

Shut up! Get out of my head. 

I only come to take what's mine...

There is no place for you here. Leave.

Tal felt a sense of amusement radiating through him, one that he knew wasn't his own, one that he hadn't felt since he came to the clinic...it was followed by an image of flames, of the clinic falling to pieces, like it had when Kaos attacked. Only this time, Tal saw himself destroying it...

He fell to the floor, unconscious.

The hawk had become bored and flown away. It landed next to Tal and gently pecked him.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

The hawk had become bored and flown away. It landed next to Tal and gently pecked him.

He didn't move.

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

The bird stayed. It began to preen Tal’s hair.

After a few minutes, Tal sat up, blinking at the bird. "Wha-hi?"