Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal shrugged. "Ah, this and that. I needed a job, I guess." He smiled. "Hey, you hungry? I was headed to the mess hall when I..." he paused. What...had happened? Had he passed out? He couldn't quite remember. "Got distracted."

He kept stroking at him, trying to pull him out of his hair and put him on his arm.

He did not resist.

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic nodded with uncertainty, then stopped all of a sudden. 
“Dissonance! I’m in your cot, aren’t I?” He hurriedly gets up and heads to the nearest chair. “Here, you have more to worry about than I do, and you’re supposed to rest for a day more.”

“No, it’s fine. I figured you needed it more than I did when you passed out. By the way, what happened?”

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

"Hey," Tal said. "I don't think I know you...welcome to the Clinic. Are you new?" He accepted the water from the bird.

@Just-A-Stick

THXXX!!!

:D 

Jinx Thatcher walked up to the main door of the large building and knocked twice. She stepped back to wait. 

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal shrugged. "Ah, this and that. I needed a job, I guess." He smiled. "Hey, you hungry? I was headed to the mess hall when I..." he paused. What...had happened? Had he passed out? He couldn't quite remember. "Got distracted."

He kept stroking at him, trying to pull him out of his hair and put him on his arm.

Her stomach rumbled. “Yeah, I am,” she admitted. “It’s this way, right?” she asked, pointing the wrong way.

4 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Jinx Thatcher walked up to the main door of the large building and knocked twice. She stepped back to wait. 

roy walked past. "tal! we need you over here! we have a new person to the clinic!"

@Edema Rue

11 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, it’s fine. I figured you needed it more than I did when you passed out. By the way, what happened?”

“I don’t know. It was like since He Who Ends was ending my song, I couldn’t function for very long, if you can call what I was doing functioning.”

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Her stomach rumbled. “Yeah, I am,” she admitted. “It’s this way, right?” she asked, pointing the wrong way.

Tal laughed, pointing the opposite way. "Good try...oh," he said, feeling someone enter the clinic. "Sorry, it looks like I have work to do. I'll...have to catch up with you later." He waved, then jogged to the entrance.

6 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy walked past. "tal! we need you over here! we have a new person to the clinic!"

@Edema Rue

He nodded to Roy, heading to the entrance.

11 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Tal opened the door. "Hi, welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted (and other Maladies) how can I help you?"

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal laughed, pointing the opposite way. "Good try...oh," he said, feeling someone enter the clinic. "Sorry, it looks like I have work to do. I'll...have to catch up with you later." He waved, then jogged to the entrance.

She looked over at him, then, shrugging her shoulders, she followed him. She wanted to meet the newcomer, food could wait. And she wanted to get to know Tal a little better, he seemed interesting in his own right.

10 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

She looked over at him, then, shrugging her shoulders, she followed him. She wanted to meet the newcomer, food could wait. And she wanted to get to know Tal a little better, he seemed interesting in his own right.

"oh hi again." roy said as he saw the older newcomer. "i don't think i asked for your name."

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

“I don’t know. It was like since He Who Ends was ending my song, I couldn’t function for very long, if you can call what I was doing functioning.”

“He Who Ends- you mean the voice we were talking to?”

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

He nodded to Roy, heading to the entrance.

Tal opened the door. "Hi, welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted (and other Maladies) how can I help you?"

Trevor flew after him and landed on his shoulder once he’d stopped.

36 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic nodded. "Nothing started with him. Everything simply... ended. So he is He Who Ends." He shivered in the chair and then forced a laugh. "Hopefully he won't end us!" He exclaimed with forced bravado. 

53 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor flew after him and landed on his shoulder once he’d stopped.

Tal reached up and stroked him, not seeming to realize he was doing it. He looked back and saw Addison. "You didn't want food?"

@Just-A-Stick @Weaver of Lights

Edited by Edema Rue
Hope!! You have 1000 posts on the clinic!! ...and 32 not on the clinic!

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Tal reached up and stroked him, not seeming to realize he was doing it. He looked back and saw Addison. "You didn't want food?"

“I’ll get some later. You’re one of the first people to talk to me, or at least that I can remember, so I wanted to get to know you better. What do you like to do?”

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’ll get some later. You’re one of the first people to talk to me, or at least that I can remember, so I wanted to get to know you better. What do you like to do?”

"Ah..." Tal blinked. It was technically his job to be the first to talk to people...but saying that seemed like a rather bad idea. "I...like to read? Mostly I work, but I enjoy it. The people at the clinic are all wonderful in their own ways."

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Ah..." Tal blinked. It was technically his job to be the first to talk to people...but saying that seemed like a rather bad idea. "I...like to read? Mostly I work, but I enjoy it. The people at the clinic are all wonderful in their own ways."

When he said he liked to read, she sighed. “Don’t we all. And what was your life like before you came here?”

6 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

When he said he liked to read, she sighed. “Don’t we all. And what was your life like before you came here?”

He shrugged, smile fading faintly. "It's...not something I like to remember, if you know what I mean. What about you? What do you enjoy?"

11 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

He shrugged, smile fading faintly. "It's...not something I like to remember, if you know what I mean. What about you? What do you enjoy?"

“Yeah, I get that,” she said, and she did understand. “I, of course, love to read. Other than that, I enjoy all art, and I’ve dabbled in writing.”

8 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Yeah, I get that,” she said, and she did understand. “I, of course, love to read. Other than that, I enjoy all art, and I’ve dabbled in writing.”

"Of course," he said. "Do you have a favorite book? It's a hard question, I know."

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

"Of course," he said. "Do you have a favorite book? It's a hard question, I know."

“Umm…it’s a very hard question. Probably Mistborn: The Final Empire. What about you?” she asked. He seemed like a nice enough man.

Just now, Weaver of Lights said:

“Umm…it’s a very hard question. Probably Mistborn: The Final Empire. What about you?” she asked. He seemed like a nice enough man.

"Oh, that's a very good one!" He pondered for a moment. "I...like pretty much all books I read."

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"Oh, that's a very good one!" He pondered for a moment. "I...like pretty much all books I read."

“Yeah, me too. How long hand you worked here? What all do you do?”

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic nodded. "Nothing started with him. Everything simply... ended. So he is He Who Ends." He shivered in the chair and then forced a laugh. "Hopefully he won't end us!" He exclaimed with forced bravado. 

She went silent and zoned out. Death will eventually claim all of us, whether we like it or not…

9 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

🥳

36 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She went silent and zoned out. Death will eventually claim all of us, whether we like it or not…

Pic seemed to realize his words had an adverse effect. He hesitantly went over to Aventine and sat on the floor next to her. 

“Did I say something dumb?” He asked. 

19 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic seemed to realize his words had an adverse effect. He hesitantly went over to Aventine and sat on the floor next to her. 

“Did I say something dumb?” He asked. 

"Huh? Oh! No." She wasn't lying - she just wasn't telling the full truth.

Edited by Spark of Hope

16 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Huh? Oh! No." She wasn't lying - she just wasn't telling the full truth.

Pic looked at her, concern evident on his face. He opened his mouth to say something, but then thought better of it and closed it. A few seconds later he did the only thing he knew how to do: sing. 

A quick, lilting melody escaped his lips, full of life, full of new beginnings, and containing many happy endings. Pic hummed the same short melody a few times, not adding to it. After about 30 seconds, he turned to watch and see if Aventine would sing along.