Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She doesn't for quite some time. As far as memory served, this was the first time she'd had a good, safe-feeling hug. Her hands, and by extent her grip, tightened. Her wet face also began to soak into Pic's shirt.

Pic let his shirt become soaked and then did a quick whistle. At this melody, the water trapped in his shirt flew around and behind him, and then plopped into the sink. He moved one of his hands to the back of Aventine's head and held her. 

"Take as long as you need," Pic said in a calming voice.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

"That's all right!" Tal says kindly. "You're welcome here anyway. Do you have a name?"

"Y... yes. My name is Jinx Thatcher?" Her voice has a slight squeak, but she held out her hand, and looked the person in the eyes. 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Pic let his shirt become soaked and then did a quick whistle. At this melody, the water trapped in his shirt flew around and behind him, and then plopped into the sink. He moved one of his hands to the back of Aventine's head and held her. 

"Take as long as you need," Pic said in a calming voice.

She laughed through the tears and said, "We're gonna be here a while, then."

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She laughed through the tears and said, "We're gonna be here a while, then."

"Wasn't that gonna be the case anyway with the injuries we both have?" Pic replied with a chuckle. "This is more important than other things I could be doing."

Just now, Cash67 said:

"Wasn't that gonna be the case anyway with the injuries we both have?" Pic replied with a chuckle. "This is more important than other things I could be doing."

Thank you. Eventually, her crying toned down, but she still didn't let go.

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Did she say thank you out loud?

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

After a while, Pic begins to softly hum a slow, deep waltz. It causes his lungs and vocal cords to resonate with a soothing vibration. Out of instinct, his fingers begin to tap on her back in rhythm with the song.

Just now, Cash67 said:

After a while, Pic begins to softly hum a slow, deep waltz. It causes his lungs and vocal cords to resonate with a soothing vibration. Out of instinct, his fingers begin to tap on her back in rhythm with the song.

Just checking with you first - I think it'd be interesting to make this a song she heard at one of Luthadel's balls... with the other person besides Waylen that she cared for pre-clinic

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic is just kinda improving, but if she is reminded of the songs, and starts humming along (intentionally or unintentionally) then Pic would jump on it. He can't just know songs out of the blue, but he can predict where a song is going with startling accuracy. 

1 minute ago, Cash67 said:

Alright

While there were some differences in the melody, the basic progressions and rhythms were similar enough to that song. The one from when she was sixteen. The one that the two of them fell in love to.

The crying made her a little off-key, but she began to hum the familiar tune softly.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

While there were some differences in the melody, the basic progressions and rhythms were similar enough to that song. The one from when she was sixteen. The one that the two of them fell in love to.

The crying made her a little off-key, but she began to hum the familiar tune softly.

Pic recognized she was humming, but he couldn't tell what. By instinct, he almost summoned his staves, but that would require pausing the embrace. Instead, he hummed a simple waltz bassline that harmonized with what she was humming. A feeling of peace emanated off of Pic and hovered around her, waiting for her to take it if she chose. Pic took the hand that was on her head and placed it just below her right shoulder blade, the place one would put it if they were dancing with a partner. 

31 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic recognized she was humming, but he couldn't tell what. By instinct, he almost summoned his staves, but that would require pausing the embrace. Instead, he hummed a simple waltz bassline that harmonized with what she was humming. A feeling of peace emanated off of Pic and hovered around her, waiting for her to take it if she chose. Pic took the hand that was on her head and placed it just below her right shoulder blade, the place one would put it if they were dancing with a partner. 

The peace enveloped her and she would have been foolish to reject it. She also moved her arms to a dancing position, but still looked towards his torso.

8 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The peace enveloped her and she would have been foolish to reject it. She also moved her arms to a dancing position, but still looked towards his torso.

Pic started rocking back and forth slowly to the tune of the waltz. Not enough to move their feet, but just enough for the two of them to feel the rhythm. 

Just now, Cash67 said:

Pic started rocking back and forth slowly to the tune of the waltz. Not enough to move their feet, but just enough for the two of them to feel the rhythm. 

Her breathing steadied, and her face began to cool down. 

3 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her breathing steadied, and her face began to cool down. 

Hoping that it was helping, Pic took his left hand, tilted her chin upwards, and wiped away a few tears. Aventine sees a smile full of contradictions. Hope and sadness, joy and pain are all reflected in Pics face. 

“Shall we?” Pic asks, and not waiting for an answer, he slashes at the air, summons his staves, and starts waltzing with her in place. Every hum he and Aventine makes is recorded, and echoes back a feeling of peace inside of the pain. The stave swirls around them as it does before, keeping them close. 

23 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Hoping that it was helping, Pic took his left hand, tilted her chin upwards, and wiped away a few tears. Aventine sees a smile full of contradictions. Hope and sadness, joy and pain are all reflected in Pics face. 

“Shall we?” Pic asks, and not waiting for an answer, he slashes at the air, summons his staves, and starts waltzing with her in place. Every hum he and Aventine makes is recorded, and echoes back a feeling of peace inside of the pain. The stave swirls around them as it does before, keeping them close. 

“Pic?” she said as he stroked her face.

7 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“You want to know something that terrifies me?”

“What?” Pic responds, equal parts happiness and concern in his voice. 

2 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Y... yes. My name is Jinx Thatcher?" Her voice has a slight squeak, but she held out her hand, and looked the person in the eyes. 

“Welcome,” Tal said, giving her a friendly handshake. “Would you like a room? Addison and I were just going to get some food, if you’re hungry. Oh and this…” he looked at the hawk on his head. “Is Trevor?”

@Weaver of Lights @Spark of Hope

17 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Welcome,” Tal said, giving her a friendly handshake. “Would you like a room? Addison and I were just going to get some food, if you’re hungry. Oh and this…” he looked at the hawk on his head. “Is Trevor?”

“I think it’s Trevor. I think we named him.”

42 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

"I umm... sure, I could eat..." She offered a tiny smile. 

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Addison held out her hand to Jinx. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

29 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I umm... sure, I could eat..." She offered a tiny smile. 

5 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison held out her hand to Jinx. “It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

55 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I think it’s Trevor. I think we named him.”

“All right then, to the mess hall?” Tal started walking.