Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

7 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"I used to just do plants. This is a convenient addition."

"No. I am not Death. I have my own ability to create life. It's part of why I was chosen. Not to mention, Death usually doesn't kill things."

@TheRavenHasLanded

"Not directly, at least"

2 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The crow did not immediately react, and Lerac frowned a moment before seeking ti realize something. He whistled, a pure, clear tone. Immediately, the bird flew off.

@Cash67

Um... wouldn't they have to tell it the message?

Just now, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Not directly, at least"

"Besides the point."

4 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Huh." She blinked a couple times before picking up the book. She started the spell to take the message.

Just now, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The crow did not immediately react, and Lerac frowned a moment before seeking ti realize something. He whistled, a pure, clear tone. Immediately, the bird flew off.

@Cash67

Pic watched all of this with keen interest. When the crow materialized, Pic grew very interested. When the incantation was being spoken, he was intrigued, but not invested. That all changed when he heard the tone. Pic instantly stopped singing, and his shelf of books fell to the floor. His head snapped towards Lerac, and he attempted to mimic the tone. 

Pic should be able to replicate your sound if it is just a sound. If something is magical about its origin, like Death's magic is being used to sustain it, then interference can happen. 

2 minutes ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

"Not directly, at least"

"Not indirectly, either. Things die, Death is not the cause of that. He just has authority over the souls of those that do."

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Besides the point."

I figured they already gave it, though we can probably also claim magicness

@Cash67

It's somewhat similar to a pure tone un the Cosmere, but not as replicable. He'd probably be able to match the audible frequency, but the feeling would be off and it wouldn't have effects.

Edited by The Aspiring Archivist

1 minute ago, Spark of Hope said:

"Besides the point."

We are assuming you whispered the message during the incantation. Or you had to think about the message. We just don't know the message. Ave does. 

22 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

"Not indirectly, either. Things die, Death is not the cause of that. He just has authority over the souls of those that do."

@Cash67

9 minutes ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Welp now I did!

Pic was able to match the tone, but something felt... more about the way Lerac was singing it. In the few seconds that the tone was generated, Pic cycled through a very typical chord progression. He could feel something was important about Lerac's tone, but couldn't quite access it. he continued to watch Lerac after the crow flew away. 

5 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic was able to match the tone, but something felt... more about the way Lerac was singing it. In the few seconds that the tone was generated, Pic cycled through a very typical chord progression. He could feel something was important about Lerac's tone, but couldn't quite access it. he continued to watch Lerac after the crow flew away. 

Lerac noticed Pic watching. "Oh. The crow was essentially too new to have a proper connection to the Creator, so that was to accelerate the process."

13 minutes ago, Princess Pink said:

Skylar Addams enters the Insanity Clinic: Season Two.

@Edema Rue

Tal answers the door. “Welcome to the Insanity Clinic for the Moderately Brandofandonitis Afflicted and Other Maladies. How can I help you?”

7 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

"So... I guess now we just wait for a response."

@Medium

The crow arrived while Calano was having a picnic with his girls in the backyard. Ev was happily munching on a PB&J, and Kat was picking at the seams in the blanket. The both of them were growing faster than ordinary girls, but they were, after all, the daughters of Gods.

The crow laughed on Calano’s shoulders, scaring Ev slightly, causing a bit of jelly to drip onto her dress.

”One moment,” Calano said softly to the corvid, who nodded slightly, and Calano cleaned up the small stain on his daughters dress.

“There we are,” He said, poking Evelyn’s cheeks for a giggle in return, “Now take your sister and go play on the swings, Daddy has to see what this is.”

Ev leaped to her feet, and beckoned Kat to follow. She did

”Now,” Calano said, turning to the bird on his shoulder, “What is it? Few can find me here. You’re enchanted, aren’t you?”

The bird squaked affirmatively.

”Very well,” Calano said, “Your missive, then?”

So… can you type out what the missive says? Like, in world document? So I can know how to respond?

@Spark of Hope

2 hours ago, Medium said:

The crow arrived while Calano was having a picnic with his girls in the backyard. Ev was happily munching on a PB&J, and Kat was picking at the seams in the blanket. The both of them were growing faster than ordinary girls, but they were, after all, the daughters of Gods.

The crow laughed on Calano’s shoulders, scaring Ev slightly, causing a bit of jelly to drip onto her dress.

”One moment,” Calano said softly to the corvid, who nodded slightly, and Calano cleaned up the small stain on his daughters dress.

“There we are,” He said, poking Evelyn’s cheeks for a giggle in return, “Now take your sister and go play on the swings, Daddy has to see what this is.”

Ev leaped to her feet, and beckoned Kat to follow. She did

”Now,” Calano said, turning to the bird on his shoulder, “What is it? Few can find me here. You’re enchanted, aren’t you?”

The bird squaked affirmatively.

”Very well,” Calano said, “Your missive, then?”

@Spark of Hope

In a PM work?

1 minute ago, TheRavenHasLanded said:

Jar Man was sitting there in a mountain of jars. "For once, I like the library."

"Why do you like jars so much?"