Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

She wrapped her hands around his arms and put her mouth against them.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

“Okay,” Tal said. He winced. 

It would be easier to destroy them than to befriend them… 

It’s been so long since I’ve tried to tell my story…

I await you…I await my feast.

“My world has…a strange sort of magic. It’s almost like a parasite. When it chooses a…victim, so to speak, they get tremendous power…and they share its urge for destruction. And, well, I’ve had magic since I was young. When I found out about the Clinic, it was the first time I saw an escape. And here…I can’t use the magic. And it can’t use me. But its voice is in my head again…I don’t know how, but it’s found a way to get in.” 

“That shouldn’t be possible, should it?”

9 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, it shouldn’t,” Tal snapped, then flinched, laughter echoing through his mind. “Sorry,” he whispered. “That…wasn’t me.”

“No, it shouldn’t,” Tal snapped, then flinched, laughter echoing through his mind. “Sorry,” he whispered. “That…wasn’t me.”

The snap surprised her and her arm twitched for a moment. She focused her breathing to stay calm. “It wasn’t your fault. Do you have any idea as to how… it works? Whether it’s possible to pass it to someone else?”

18 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

His hug tightened, and then he let her go, hands on her shoulders. 
“I’m glad this is happening,” he hummed. 

Tal probably walks in in about 30 seconds from here. 

8 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The snap surprised her and her arm twitched for a moment. She focused her breathing to stay calm. “It wasn’t your fault. Do you have any idea as to how… it works? Whether it’s possible to pass it to someone else?”

Pic observes the conversation, listening to the two of them and humming along with their voices. At the snap, Pic begins to step in between Aventine and Tal, but relaxes when Tal relaxes. 

Edited by Cash67

2 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic observes the conversation, listening to the two of them and humming along with their voices. At the snap, Pic begins to step in between Aventine and Tal, but relaxes when Tal relaxes. 

“Yeah… me too.”

Cue Tal

24 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Oh that was a dagger to the heart. 

19 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Tal froze. A mix of fury and pain flashed across his eyes, and he shook his head. “I’m not going to hand this off to someone else.” 

Poor, lonely little Tal…

It’s my fault.

Just now, Edema Rue said:

Tal froze. A mix of fury and pain flashed across his eyes, and he shook his head. “I’m not going to hand this off to someone else.” 

Poor, lonely little Tal…

It’s my fault.

“That sounded bad, didn’t it? But I wasn’t talking about just any person. You remember Jar Man, right?”

31 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“That sounded bad, didn’t it? But I wasn’t talking about just any person. You remember Jar Man, right?”

“It doesn’t matter who,” Tal said. “And even if I wanted to, the process is…unique.”

Edited by Edema Rue

“It doesn’t matter who,” Tal said. “And even if I wanted to, the process is…unique.”

“Tal, at least hear me out. Please.

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Tal, at least hear me out. Please.

Tal took a long breath, nervous. Was he really angry? Was it him at all? He hadn’t needed to think likes this in years…going back terrified him. “Okay,” he said, still sounding angrier than he wanted to. 

Tal took a long breath, nervous. Was he really angry? Was it him at all? He hadn’t needed to think likes this in years…going back terrified him. “Okay,” he said, still sounding angrier than he wanted to. 

“We’re in the middle of planning how to trap Jar Man’s cult on a dead world. These people… they made him do really bad things. The things he’s told me about specifically, I don’t even want to repeat. But if we bound it to one of them, it would be stuck in that world forever.”

Her voice changed, like she was being fed words out of an earpiece. “It’s impossible for anyone to die on that world now, so it would be bound to one person infinitely. No one else would have to suffer it after this one person.”

Her voice went back to normal. “And if the Creator agrees to seal off that world, it will be absolutely impossible for it to leave it any other way.”

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

“We’re in the middle of planning how to trap Jar Man’s cult on a dead world. These people… they made him do really bad things. The things he’s told me about specifically, I don’t even want to repeat. But if we bound it to one of them, it would be stuck in that world forever.”

Her voice changed, like she was being fed words out of an earpiece. “It’s impossible for anyone to die on that world now, so it would be bound to one person infinitely. No one else would have to suffer it after this one person.”

Her voice went back to normal. “And if the Creator agrees to seal off that world, it will be absolutely impossible for it to leave it any other way.”

Tal pursed his lips. “I…I doubt it would work. Each person’s magic is unique. To transfer it, you need to connect with the person…you need to know them better than you know yourself.” A face appeared in his mind. She’s dead. 

I could have saved her.

You are as much of a monster as I am.

I know.

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal pursed his lips. “I…I doubt it would work. Each person’s magic is unique. To transfer it, you need to connect with the person…you need to know them better than you know yourself.” A face appeared in his mind. She’s dead. 

I could have saved her.

You are as much of a monster as I am.

I know.

“O-oh. Well… it was worth a shot, right?”

9 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“O-oh. Well… it was worth a shot, right?”

Tal blinked. “Yeah…yeah…” 

If not for me…

If not for you…

She would still be alive.

”Look, I shouldn’t have bothered you guys with this. I’ll figure it out.” Tal turned to go. 

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal blinked. “Yeah…yeah…” 

If not for me…

If not for you…

She would still be alive.

”Look, I shouldn’t have bothered you guys with this. I’ll figure it out.” Tal turned to go. 

“I wish I could help more. Really. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.”

10 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I wish I could help more. Really. Let me know if there’s anything I can do.”

“Yes, because you’re always so competent,” Tal deadpanned. He froze, the color draining from his face. Looking terrified, he backed out of the room. No no no no no no no…

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“Yes, because you’re always so competent,” Tal deadpanned. He froze, the color draining from his face. Looking terrified, he backed out of the room. No no no no no no no…

He’s right, you know. Her father’s voice.

That’s not him.

Isn’t it?

No.

”Tal. Maybe you should take some time to cool down.”

15 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

That’s not him.

Isn’t it?

No.

“This isn’t me…I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Another image flashed through his mind. A girl…a girl who had trusted him…a girl he’d left, crying and alone, while the laughter echoed through his mind, feasting on her pain. 

Ace…

We broke her so well, didn’t we?

That wasn’t me! This isn’t me!

”I’ll let you be alone,” Tal whispered. Then his voice hardened. “Like you deserve to be.” Shaking, he ran from the room.

27 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

That’s not him.

Isn’t it?

No.

5 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

“This isn’t me…I’m sorry. I’m sorry.” Another image flashed through his mind. A girl…a girl who had trusted him…a girl he’d left, crying and alone, while the laughter echoed through his mind, feasting on her pain. 

Ace…

”I’ll let you be alone,” Tal whispered. Then his voice hardened. “Like you deserve to be.” Shaking, he ran from the room.

Pic’s song had been getting more and more tense as the conversation went on. As the conversation began to have the flipping of personalities in both parties, Pic took a few steps forward so he was slightly in front of and to the side of Aventine. He was still close enough to keep her hand, yet far enough to leap into action without hurting others. At Tal’s last comment, Pics song reached a crescendo and ended in a dissonant chord. Pic watched the two leave the room. 

“That was… unlike both of you,” he hummed to Aventine. 

26 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Ace…

17 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic’s song had been getting more and more tense as the conversation went on. As the conversation began to have the flipping of personalities in both parties, Pic took a few steps forward so he was slightly in front of and to the side of Aventine. He was still close enough to keep her hand, yet far enough to leap into action without hurting others. At Tal’s last comment, Pics song reached a crescendo and ended in a dissonant chord. Pic watched the two leave the room. 

You’ve always failed when it comes to deescalating situations. Failed at what you were born to do.

”I failed to help. To calm him down. Just like always.” She stared into space, focused on nothing in particular.

32 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

12 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

You’ve always failed when it comes to deescalating situations. Failed at what you were born to do.

”I failed to help. To calm him down. Just like always.” She stared into space, focused on nothing in particular.

My poor baby...

Out in the hallway, Tal took long, shuddering breaths. This is not who I am. I am more than this monster, more than this creature, more than a tool...I am. I am! We'll--I'll figure this out. Carefully, he made his way to the basement, then stepped into one of the magic restricting cells. Immediately he winced, a stabbing headache coming on, then increasing until he blacked out. 

Out in the hallway, Tal took long, shuddering breaths. This is not who I am. I am more than this monster, more than this creature, more than a tool...I am. I am! We'll--I'll figure this out. Carefully, he made his way to the basement, then stepped into one of the magic restricting cells. Immediately he winced, a stabbing headache coming on, then increasing until he blacked out. 

Addison stepped out and followed him. He seemed like he might need someone around, and there wasn’t anything she could do with the rest of the group. She followed him down to the basement and watched as he locked himself in a cell. What was he doing? And why did she feel like she needed to hide from him? She waited for him, stepping out into the open.

Is this ok with you?

2 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Addison stepped out and followed him. He seemed like he might need someone around, and there wasn’t anything she could do with the rest of the group. She followed him down to the basement and watched as he locked himself in a cell. What was he doing? And why did she feel like she needed to hide from him? She waited for him, stepping out into the open.

Absolutely, though I'll mention he didn't lock himself in.

Tal had collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

Tal had collapsed on the floor, unconscious.

She stepped towards him. Did he do that on purpose? Should she try to help him? No…he seemed to be acting of his own will. She waited for him to wake up, hoping he was ok.