Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

26 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

You’ve always failed when it comes to deescalating situations. Failed at what you were born to do.

”I failed to help. To calm him down. Just like always.” She stared into space, focused on nothing in particular.

Pic stared at Aventine, then moved in front of where she was looking. He wrapped her back up into a hug, intending to offer support and shock her back out of the stupor she was in. 

I’m off for the night. See y’all tomorrow!

3 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

She stepped towards him. Did he do that on purpose? Should she try to help him? No…he seemed to be acting of his own will. She waited for him to wake up, hoping he was ok.

He didn't.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lights said:

Eventually, she walked forward and pulled him out of the cell. Maybe now he’d wake up?

All it does is keep magic from functioning within it, it isn't designed to hurt or do anything dangerous. If you want to it could, but it probably wouldn't do anything super bad.

33 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

She pulled him out of the cell.

After a few minutes, Tal sat up, looking terrified. I wouldn't do that again if I were you...could be dangerous... "Hi," he murmured, blinking groggily.

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

After a few minutes, Tal sat up, looking terrified. I wouldn't do that again if I were you...could be dangerous... "Hi," he murmured, blinking groggily.

“Hi…are you ok?” She was standing above him.

31 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Hi…are you ok?” She was standing above him.

He shook his head slowly, standing up. “You need to…get away from me.”

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

He shook his head slowly, standing up. “You need to…get away from me.”

3 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I don’t think I do.”

is it ok if i have roy come down here aswell?

roy had followed behind addison and tal. "Tal listen we will be fine. don't worry about us. tell me about the process to transfer the magic please."

9 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

Tal came and revealed the thing in his head to the group. Ave tried to help but made it worse

8 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic stared at Aventine, then moved in front of where she was looking. He wrapped her back up into a hug, intending to offer support and shock her back out of the stupor she was in. 

“That’s how it’s always been. I mean, I was supposed to be a Soother and I was a Rioter. I’d say it’s poetic, but poetry has a beauty to its cruelty.”

13 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

“That’s how it’s always been. I mean, I was supposed to be a Soother and I was a Rioter. I’d say it’s poetic, but poetry has a beauty to its cruelty.”

"I am just going to pretend I know what those words mean, and hug you until you want me to stop," Pic hummed in reply. 

8 hours ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I don’t think I do.”

Tal gritted his teeth. 

4 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

roy had followed behind addison and tal. "Tal listen we will be fine. don't worry about us. tell me about the process to transfer the magic please."

“It’s not that simple,” Tal snapped. Again. “And I’m not going to make someone else suffer through this.” Again.

They do not know us…

There is no us. Leave!

But I’m so hungry…and I know you are too…

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gritted his teeth. 

“It’s not that simple,” Tal snapped. Again. “And I’m not going to make someone else suffer through this.” Again.

They do not know us…

There is no us. Leave!

Addison slowly laid a hand on his shoulder. “You don’t have to suffer alone.”

And I’d like to suffer too.

34 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"I am just going to pretend I know what those words mean, and hug you until you want me to stop," Pic hummed in reply. 

"It means that whenever I try to calm someone down, all I do is rile them up even more. Jar Man almost died when I tried to Soothe his withdrawal. Jinx had a panic attack and nothing I did helped. And now this." Her eyes began to tear up.

26 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“I’m not trying to be a hero,” Tal growled. I’ve already made that mistake. The voice in his mind cackled.

27 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

32 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gritted his teeth. 

They do not know us…

There is no us. Leave!

"can both of you please be quiet. no one needs to suffer for anything! am i clear?"

Just now, Edema Rue said:

“I’m not trying to be a hero,” Tal growled. I’ve already made that mistake. The voice in his mind cackled.

4 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"can both of you please be quiet. no one needs to suffer for anything! am i clear?"

Tal gave him a cold stare. “Are you giving me orders?” Calm down calm down calm-who needs to be calm? Anger is so much more fun, so much tastier…

6 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"It means that whenever I try to calm someone down, all I do is rile them up even more. Jar Man almost died when I tried to Soothe his withdrawal. Jinx had a panic attack and nothing I did helped. And now this." Her eyes began to tear up.

Pic made the hug tighter. 

Just now, Cash67 said:

Pic made the hug tighter. 

"And in Luthadel." Her voice progressively became more unsteady. "I was trying to help Rue but ended up nearly being killed myself. Plus, Jar Man and you got hurt badly, too, and we haven't even seen Mel, Rue, or TAAron since we got back..."

She pressed her face into his chest and wrapped her hands over his shoulders. "I always have to rely on others to get me out of bad situations. Has anything I've done intending to help ever had a good result?"

18 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

"And in Luthadel." Her voice progressively became more unsteady. "I was trying to help Rue but ended up nearly being killed myself. Plus, Jar Man and you got hurt badly, too, and we haven't even seen Mel, Rue, or TAAron since we got back..."

She pressed her face into his chest and wrapped her hands over his shoulders. "I always have to rely on others to get me out of bad situations. Has anything I've done intending to help ever had a good result?"

"Yes they have," Pic responds. He releases the hug, holds her at arms length by the shoulders, and looks into her eyes. "Because of you, Jar Man has hope. Because of you, people had a chance to be safe. You're focusing on one missed note while the rest of your performance has been beautiful."

Just now, Cash67 said:

"Yes they have," Pic responds. He releases the hug, holds her at arms length by the shoulders, and looks into her eyes. "Because of you, Jar Man has hope. Because of you, people had a chance to be safe. You're focusing on one missed note while the rest of your performance has been beautiful."

"People in the performance can hear it better than everyone else. They can learn their part better by learning cues in the others' parts. But they still need to see their music to avoid cacophony. If my 'performance' was beautiful, I would think that I'd know."

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal gave him a cold stare. “Are you giving me orders?” Calm down calm down calm-who needs to be calm? Anger is so much more fun, so much tastier…

"yes i am! is there somthing wrong with me not wanting anyone else to be hurt? to suffer?"

2 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

56 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"yes i am! is there somthing wrong with me not wanting anyone else to be hurt? to suffer?"

“Everyone hurts, Roy. You can’t always stop it.” She turned back to Tal. “It usually helps to have someone to lean on though. We’re here for you.”

19 minutes ago, Weaver of Lights said:

“Everyone hurts, Roy. You can’t always stop it.” She turned back to Tal. “It usually helps to have someone to lean on though. We’re here for you.”

“You don’t-want to-“ Tal said desperately. Then he sneered. “You can’t help anyway. You’re useless, pathetic, and naive.” He shook his head rapidly.