Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Clinic: Basement

Tal shrugged. "Not really. I sort of...just...came." He winced. "It was a weird time."

Tal's world

He ran into the back room and slammed the door. She heard several locks click.

clinic: basement

"so you kind of just poped into existence?"

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal's world

Tal’s World

As soon as she got there, she extinguished the pewter. The nausea remained, but lesser than before.

She deliberately made her voice sound non-aggressive. “What happened?” 

In the past, with Tal. Gentle tone of asking

5 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

She watched him run up.

She rose to her feet. “We won’t stay. But before we go…”

She met Pete’s eyes. “Does the name Tal’in mean anything to you?”

4 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal winced. “Babysitting is a harsh way of putting it…”

Pete flinched. 

His eyes widened. He dropped the pitchfork and ran. 

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“Wai-“ She cursed, burned pewter, and chased after him. 

She didn’t know that you were supposed to burn away all metals before you slept, so she immediately felt nauseated. 

Choking back bile, she yelled, “Pete!”

3 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Clinic: Basement

Tal shrugged. "Not really. I sort of...just...came." He winced. "It was a weird time."

Tal's world

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Tal’s World

As soon as she got there, she extinguished the pewter. The nausea remained, but lesser than before.

TALS WORLD

Pic appeared next to Aventine with a rush of wind, carrying all of their things. He takes one look at the situation.

“I’ve dealt with people like him before,” he hums, a harsh coldness in his eyes. “They take one look at what we do, one look at the beauty we have and can share, and decide that it is better to make us feel less than them for even thinking of presenting it to them. They never think of you, just the fear that is completely their own.”

He starts to walk back out and then looks back with an oddly pained and stressed look. “If we are going to go in with the plan, it is best if we keep moving. Gives us a chance to…” he winces, “be excluded elsewhere.” 

He dashes out again, causing air to rush around Aventines face. 

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Tal’s World

There’s no response. 

15 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

TALS WORLD

Pic appeared next to Aventine with a rush of wind, carrying all of their things. He takes one look at the situation.

“I’ve dealt with people like him before,” he hums, a harsh coldness in his eyes. “They take one look at what we do, one look at the beauty we have and can share, and decide that it is better to make us feel less than them for even thinking of presenting it to them. They never think of you, just the fear that is completely their own.”

He starts to walk back out and then looks back with an oddly pained and stressed look. “If we are going to go in with the plan, it is best if we keep moving. Gives us a chance to…” he winces, “be excluded elsewhere.” 

3 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

clinic: basement

"so you kind of just poped into existence?"

Aaaaahh sorry bout the double post.

Clinic: basement

"No, no. I came here from my world."

Edited by Edema Rue

On 4/25/2024 at 8:47 PM, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insa nodded absentmindedly. She reached up and touched her neck.

"It looks kinda cool. Though I don't like where it came from. That kinda ruins it."

"Yeah..."

Bookwyrm sighed and leaned back. "I guess we'll figure something out. Eventually."

11 hours ago, The Aspiring Archivist said:

The points flitted around aimlessly.

Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office (Ash)

Ash slowly stood up and walked towards one of the lights.

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

"Yeah..."

Bookwyrm sighed and leaned back. "I guess we'll figure something out. Eventually."

Mysterious Forest (Insa)

Insa kept looking at it through the glass. She lightly traced over it with a finger. "It doesn't look bad right?"

She looked up from the glass. "Nevermind. It's not important. We need to figure out how we're getting out of here. And what we're going to do about Saar."

8 hours ago, Cash67 said:

TALS WORLD

Her eyebrows scrunched as he left.

8 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

There’s no response. 

“Pete,” she said, “I didn’t lie about where we were from. But I didn’t tell the whole truth either.”

She explained how they were from different worlds where magic wasn’t evil, and they’d met Tal somewhere his magic couldn’t find him for a long time. But then it did, and they wanted to find a way to get rid of the parasite.

She paused. “Do with this what you will. But it’s the truth. Thank you for your hospitality, short-lived as it was.”

Aventine stood there for a couple of seconds, then slowly began to walk away.

1 hour ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office (Ash)

Ash slowly stood up and walked towards one of the lights.

Mysterious Forest (Insa)

Insa kept looking at it through the glass. She lightly traced over it with a finger. "It doesn't look bad right?"

She looked up from the glass. "Nevermind. It's not important. We need to figure out how we're getting out of here. And what we're going to do about Saar."

It still seemed to be moving around randomly, but there might have been more of them now.

6 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"ahh. do you want to talk about that?"

Tal winced. "Wow, we really are bad at small talk...books. What about books? Do you read?"

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Her eyebrows scrunched as he left.

“Pete,” she said, “I didn’t lie about where we were from. But I didn’t tell the whole truth either.”

She explained how they were from different worlds where magic wasn’t evil, and they’d met Tal somewhere his magic couldn’t find him for a long time. But then it did, and they wanted to find a way to get rid of the parasite.

She paused. “Do with this what you will. But it’s the truth. Thank you for your hospitality, short-lived as it was.”

Aventine stood there for a couple of seconds, then slowly began to walk away.

Tal's World which I should probably name at some point

There was still no response. 

9 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Tal winced. "Wow, we really are bad at small talk...books. What about books? Do you read?"

Tal's World which I should probably name at some point

There was still no response. 

She kept walking. She sniffed and wiped her eyes.

Got these in a fantasy name generator

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.b72756a64013a5da292b26c74264045c.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

She kept walking. She sniffed and wiped her eyes.

Pic noticed her walk outside. He was still cold, but softened when he saw her crying. He set his stuff down and walked over to her. 

“I don’t know all of your pain, but this I understand,” he said, wrapping her in an embrace. 

24 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic noticed her walk outside. He was still cold, but softened when he saw her crying. He set his stuff down and walked over to her. 

“I don’t know all of your pain, but this I understand,” he said, wrapping her in an embrace. 

“I just-“ Her voice quieted. “He got so scared. I knew Tal had to do bad things, but…” She leaned into him.

18 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Insanity Clinic: Dr. Ashlynn Marie's Office

Ash shivered slightly and looked up at the thermostat confused. The temperature in the Clinic was generally stable. It didn't change often.

She hugged Jinx a little tighter, attempting to keep the breeze from scaring her or make her cold.

18 hours ago, InfiniteInsanity said:

Ash kept rocking her for a bit. 

Jinx watched her, hands clenched into fists to keep her from freaking out. She bit the inside of her lip. She could taste blood. 

3 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I just-“ Her voice quieted. “He got so scared. I knew Tal had to do bad things, but…” She leaned into him.

He waited for a few moments. “We need to move. It’s the only way to prevent him from breaking more things.”

15 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

He waited for a few moments. “We need to move. It’s the only way to prevent him from breaking more things.”

She pulled away. “Yeah, you’re probably right.”