Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

On 7/17/2024 at 2:28 PM, Cash67 said:

You know that feeling you get sometimes that something is totally and completely wrong?

That.

On 7/17/2024 at 8:57 PM, Spark of Hope said:

Her arms tightened around Lukas. 

👍 

On 7/17/2024 at 11:34 AM, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy tilted his head, staring at Pic. He started humming softly, an eerie off-sounding tune. 
“I’m his brother.”

"For some reason, I doubt that," Pic hummed. His rhythm began matching the pace of the stranger's new tune. All of the light that had come from Pic's melody began dimming, going out. At the point where they would have gone out, the points of light abruptly swapped to pools of darkness. They swirled around Pic, shrouding his arms and legs and making him look like a being from beyond order. 

On 7/17/2024 at 9:57 PM, Spark of Hope said:

Her arms tightened around Lukas. 

24 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

1 hour ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

35 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

"For some reason, I doubt that," Pic hummed. His rhythm began matching the pace of the stranger's new tune. All of the light that had come from Pic's melody began dimming, going out. At the point where they would have gone out, the points of light abruptly swapped to pools of darkness. They swirled around Pic, shrouding his arms and legs and making him look like a being from beyond order. 

“No, he is…”

If Pic looked at her, he would see the apprehension of him in her eyes.

3 hours ago, Cash67 said:

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, he is…”

“Yes. I am.” The boy smiled evilly, continuing his tune. “So if you really consider him your son, I am too.”

37 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Yes. I am.” The boy smiled evilly, continuing his tune. “So if you really consider him your son, I am too.”

“Maybe in a certain train of thought.”

In that case, you’re grounded

4 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“No, he is…”

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic’s eyes stayed locked on the newcomer, and while his eyes did not lose any of their edge, confusion at the situation passed through his eyes for a moment. 

When he spoke, a new tone entered his voice. It was haughty, knowing, and somehow devoid of empathy. The tone fit Pic’s voice like a glove, as if he had either heard or spoke in this tone for years. “While that may not be how things work here, I can see your confusion,” Pic rasped. “Would you like to… step outside for a moment and work on clearing this confusion?”

4 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

Pic’s eyes stayed locked on the newcomer, and while his eyes did not lose any of their edge, confusion at the situation passed through his eyes for a moment. 

When he spoke, a new tone entered his voice. It was haughty, knowing, and somehow devoid of empathy. The tone fit Pic’s voice like a glove, as if he had either heard or spoke in this tone for years. “While that may not be how things work here, I can see your confusion,” Pic rasped. “Would you like to… step outside for a moment and work on clearing this confusion?”

The apprehension in her eyes turned to worry. 

16 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

15 hours ago, Cash67 said:

14 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

The apprehension in her eyes turned to worry. 

The boy narrowed his eyes. “Yes. That sounds… acceptable.”

15 hours ago, Cash67 said:

She grabbed Pic’s wrist. “Don’t do anything you’ll regret,” she warned. 

17 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

46 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The darkness parted to let Aventine’s hand reach his wrist. Pic stiffened at the touch, but then relaxed and nodded. He motioned for the stranger to walk out of the room ahead of him. 

14 minutes ago, Cash67 said:

The darkness parted to let Aventine’s hand reach his wrist. Pic stiffened at the touch, but then relaxed and nodded. He motioned for the stranger to walk out of the room ahead of him. 

She pulled her arm back slowly. Pic… what happened to you…

1 hour ago, Cash67 said:

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

The boy follows Pic confidently.

6 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

5 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy follows Pic confidently.

28 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Pic led the kid to the cafeteria, and sat down at a table. He then motioned for him to sit down opposite him. 

14 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic led the kid to the cafeteria, and sat down at a table. He then motioned for him to sit down opposite him. 

The boy sits, grabbing a pudding cup as he does so.

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy sits, grabbing a pudding cup as he does so.

50 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

The darkness began to fade down to merely a shadow as Pic spoke. His voice was still sharp, but the haughtiness had all but disappeared, and a little bit of empathy was back. 
“I don’t know who you are, nor where you come from, but we are gonna have some ground rules,” Pic hummed. “You can’t go and bust into Ave’s room like that. If you do, you answer to me. Neither are you going to abruptly attempt to remove those she is caring for or cares about. Are we clear on those things?”

16 hours ago, Cash67 said:

The darkness began to fade down to merely a shadow as Pic spoke. His voice was still sharp, but the haughtiness had all but disappeared, and a little bit of empathy was back. 
“I don’t know who you are, nor where you come from, but we are gonna have some ground rules,” Pic hummed. “You can’t go and bust into Ave’s room like that. If you do, you answer to me. Neither are you going to abruptly attempt to remove those she is caring for or cares about. Are we clear on those things?”

“And why should I listen to you?”

“And why should I listen to you?”

Pic shrugged. "Well, if you choose not to bother Ave or the things she is involved in, then you don't have to." Pic then focused on the kid's face. "But if you want to stay around, I'd prefer it if we get along, and that requires the both of us to listen." Pic relaxed his gaze and drummed a complex rhythm with his fingers on the tabletop, waiting for the the kid to speak. 

32 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Edited by Cash67

11 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

Thx

11 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Pic shrugged. "Well, if you choose not to bother Ave or the things she is involved in, then you don't have to." Pic then focused on the kid's face. "But if you want to stay around, I'd prefer it if we get along, and that requires the both of us to listen." Pic relaxed his gaze and drummed a complex rhythm with his fingers on the tabletop, waiting for the the kid to speak. 

The boy looks at Pic's hand. "What is it with you and music?"

54 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

The boy looks at Pic's hand. "What is it with you and music?"

What’s the kids tone here? Inquisitive, accusatory, uninterested, confused?

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Aventine put Lukas’s ear to her chest. “I’m not going to send you away. And if I do, it won’t be because of” she whispered “magic,” then went back to normal volume, “it’ll be because I think it’s safer for you, and you’d be with a very good friend of mine. Okay?”

9 hours ago, Cash67 said:

Inquisitive, also kinda confused

Aventine put Lukas’s ear to her chest. “I’m not going to send you away. And if I do, it won’t be because of” she whispered “magic,” then went back to normal volume, “it’ll be because I think it’s safer for you, and you’d be with a very good friend of mine. Okay?”

“O-o-okay.”