Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

On 8/24/2024 at 8:15 AM, Dragonheir said:

“Thank you. Sorry for picking you up. I’m glad you didn’t trip.” Veer munches on the floating waffle, still looking at the ground. 

Yeah I guess

“No problemo mi amigo.” Gemini said, struggling to get back to the ground. 

31 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“No problemo mi amigo.” Gemini said, struggling to get back to the ground. 

“Once I get far enough away, you should stop floating. Just hold on to something so you don’t get pulled after me. I’m going to find Trevor.” 
Veer walks back to the front desk, still surrounded by floating objects. “You said you’d help me after I had breakfast.” @Spark of Hope 

12 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“Once I get far enough away, you should stop floating. Just hold on to something so you don’t get pulled after me. I’m going to find Trevor.” 
Veer walks back to the front desk, still surrounded by floating objects. “You said you’d help me after I had breakfast.” @Spark of Hope 

He nodded. “Yes, I did.” He stepped around the desk and raised a hand close to but not on Veer’s head. “May I?”

Like the pfp

5 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

He nodded. “Yes, I did.” He stepped around the desk and raised a hand close to but not on Veer’s head. “May I?”

“We should probably move to somewhere that getting thrown into a wall won’t hurt, first. The more I think about something, the more likely it is that I’ll mess with it.” 

4 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“We should probably move to somewhere that getting thrown into a wall won’t hurt, first. The more I think about something, the more likely it is that I’ll mess with it.” 

Trevor nodded and snapped his fingers, taking the two of them to a room with padded walls and a very squishy carpet. 

2 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor nodded and snapped his fingers, taking the two of them to a room with padded walls and a very squishy carpet. 

“That’s a useful gift.” Back in the lobby, Veer’s miscellaneous levitated objects clatter to the ground. “Ok. You may start now.” He sits down and closes his eyes. 

30 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

“That’s a useful gift.” Back in the lobby, Veer’s miscellaneous levitated objects clatter to the ground. “Ok. You may start now.” He sits down and closes his eyes. 

Trevor placed his hand on Veer’s head and searched for the memory where his powers were tampered with. 

17 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor placed his hand on Veer’s head and searched for the memory where his powers were tampered with. 

Arrows fly through the air, then change direction, spinning. The archers dive for cover. Perfect awareness of all the movement in the room flows from the spellsteel circle on Veer’s head. The charging guards are redirected up, then then their fall is sent sideways, slamming them into walls. Veer throws open the doors to the king’s throne room. “I’ve come to take you down, tyrant!” 
The king laughs. “I have measures in place. And really, if you took me down, there’d be fighting and war, then another king would take my place. It might even be you.” 
“I would never-“ Veer cuts off as a hand grabs his arm. “How didn’t I sense you?” 
The woman in the outfit of a king’s adviser smirks. “I can do anything I want. Out of canon, I don’t have to follow the rules. Bye, now, little deagonheir.” A tingling sensation runs up his arm, like channeling power through spellsteel, then Veer feels his own scaled gift lifting himself up, and is hurled at the wall. Then, as if there’d been another direction things could be redirected to, the movement shifts and Veer finds himself on the ground, lying in a gravel road. 

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Arrows fly through the air, then change direction, spinning. The archers dive for cover. Perfect awareness of all the movement in the room flows from the spellsteel circle on Veer’s head. The charging guards are redirected up, then then their fall is sent sideways, slamming them into walls. Veer throws open the doors to the king’s throne room. “I’ve come to take you down, tyrant!” 
The king laughs. “I have measures in place. And really, if you took me down, there’d be fighting and war, then another king would take my place. It might even be you.” 
“I would never-“ Veer cuts off as a hand grabs his arm. “How didn’t I sense you?” 
The woman in the outfit of a king’s adviser smirks. “I can do anything I want. Out of canon, I don’t have to follow the rules. Bye, now, little deagonheir.” A tingling sensation runs up his arm, like channeling power through spellsteel, then Veer feels his own scaled gift lifting himself up, and is hurled at the wall. Then, as if there’d been another direction things could be redirected to, the movement shifts and Veer finds himself on the ground, lying in a gravel road. 

I don’t fully know how to respond, I’ll do my best

Trevor’s eyebrows furrowed. 

4 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Gemini tumbles to the ground, and goes to get another waffle.

52 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gemini tumbles to the ground, and goes to get another waffle.

Aventine stood and went to her room to check on Lukas. 

1 hour ago, Spark of Hope said:

Trevor’s eyebrows furrowed. 

“It’s obviously a scaled gift. I’ve heard of people who can strengthen or active a gift with a touch, but to make it permanent would imply a nearly unheard of level of power. This isn’t even how my power is supposed to work. I change the direction things move, not make them levitate. And I have no idea what a dragonheir is.” He pulls the circlet from the memory from his pocket. “This was a gift. It gives you a sort of magical proprioception. It may help you.” 

Sorry for writing a slightly overwhelming post. It’s only like thirty seconds of memory. 

“It’s obviously a scaled gift. I’ve heard of people who can strengthen or active a gift with a touch, but to make it permanent would imply a nearly unheard of level of power. This isn’t even how my power is supposed to work. I change the direction things move, not make them levitate. And I have no idea what a dragonheir is.” He pulls the circlet from the memory from his pocket. “This was a gift. It gives you a sort of magical proprioception. It may help you.” 

He takes it and looks intently at it, rotating it in his hand every so often. 

How would it be reversed?

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

He takes it and looks intently at it, rotating it in his hand every so often. 

Some way to remove Veer’s power would reset it, so when it came back (which would take quite a while, but could maybe be accelerated) it would be back to normal. 
Meditation and mental training, and/or magical focusing could help keep Veer’s power the same, but better channeled. It is more powerful the way it’s been modified. And the power might come back to normal eventually. 

2 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

“I’d recommend visiting with a magic advisor. There are some very knowledgeable people here who can help you.”

“Ok. Where could I find one of those? And can I have my circlet back?” 

“Ok. Where could I find one of those? And can I have my circlet back?” 

He handed it over, along with a list of magic advisors and a room key, and snapped them back to the lobby. “From here, go up until you see the inverted stairs, take a left at the fire hydrant, and your room is the ten-and-three-fifths room on the right.”

11 hours ago, Spark of Hope said:

He handed it over, along with a list of magic advisors and a room key, and snapped them back to the lobby. “From here, go up until you see the inverted stairs, take a left at the fire hydrant, and your room is the ten-and-three-fifths room on the right.”

“Thank you. I’ll try not to break anything.” Veer shakes Trevor’s hand and walks away to go check out his room. 

Do you know of any people who would be playing a magic advisor? 

8 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

He wasn't there.

4 minutes ago, Just_a_Fan said:

Instead, there was a cloaked figure.

It beckoned her in.

She stepped in hesitantly. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

“Thank you. I’ll try not to break anything.” Veer shakes Trevor’s hand and walks away to go check out his room. 

No one is, you can do that on your own

Veer walks into his room, still looking at the ground. Little does he know that there is a hole in his ceiling. @Just_a_Fan @Spark of Hope 

If that causes problems, you can veto it. 
Is there an established layout and contents for rooms? 

Edited by Dragonheir