Insanity Clinic: Season Two

Medium

1 hour ago, Dragonheir said:

Veer follows. “Huh. How do we get a court?” 

Gemini walked through a doorway into an open court. "Just take one." 

On the wall is an assortment of weaponized pickleball paddles and balls.

"Pick your weapon, Veer."

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gemini walked through a doorway into an open court. "Just take one." 

On the wall is an assortment of weaponized pickleball paddles and balls.

"Pick your weapon, Veer."

So like they're spikey or something? 

Also, I don't know exactly how pickleball works. 

Veer looks at the wall, and all of them start hovering. One spiked pickleball bounces its way toward him. "I don't need a paddle."

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

Veer looks at the wall, and all of them start hovering. One spiked pickleball bounces its way toward him. "I don't need a paddle."

Gemini leaps to grab a paddle that seems to shake, phasing in an out of reality. "You don't?"

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gemini leaps to grab a paddle that seems to shake, phasing in an out of reality. "You don't?"

He cracks his knuckles, then pulls out his spellsteel circlet. "I have this." 

I'm gonna say that the net somehow prevents non-paddle related magic from effecting the other side. 

7 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

He cracks his knuckles, then pulls out his spellsteel circlet. "I have this." 

"That's fancy. What does it do?" He pointed to a board on the wall that reads:

RULES:
- Must Deactivate Insta-Kill Features

- No leaving the court

- No time travel

- No tennis rackets

- No immortality/invincibility

- Have fun!

No disintegrations 😝

And yeah, the net does do that

Probably will develop more rules/how this game works as we go along

Edited by Ancient Elantrian

Just now, Ancient Elantrian said:

"That's fancy. What does it do?" He pointed to a board on the wall that reads:

PADDLE RULES:
- Must Deactivate Insta-Kill Features

- No leaving the court

- No time travel

- No tennis rackets

- No immortality/invincibility

- Have fun!

"It was a gift. It grants magical proprioception, so I can use my powers more precisely. I'd thought it would be cheating, but the net seems to be blocking it somehow, and you have that uh... thing."

This will be interesting. Do faults and scoring and stuff actually matter, though? 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

"It was a gift. It grants magical proprioception, so I can use my powers more precisely. I'd thought it would be cheating, but the net seems to be blocking it somehow, and you have that uh... thing."

Gemini glances at his paddle. "Interdimensional racquet. I think Elan donated it?"

Yeah! You want to stay alive AND get a higher score!

Gemini glances at his paddle. "Interdimensional racquet. I think Elan donated it?"

"I don't know what that would mean, but lets play - I think I'll find out." Veer puts on the circlet, tosses the spikey ball high into the air and "serves" it by changing which way it's moving, waiting until it almost hits the ground before it changes direction, shooting diagonally upward again. It crosses the net, going in the general direction of Gemini at a rather slow speed (his whole thing is not being able to add kinetic energy to an object, so maybe he's being a little cocky). 

But isn't the win condition your opponent dying? 

4 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

"I don't know what that would mean, but lets play - I think I'll find out." Veer puts on the circlet, tosses the spikey ball high into the air and "serves" it by changing which way it's moving, waiting until it almost hits the ground before it changes direction, shooting diagonally upward again. It crosses the net, going in the general direction of Gemini at a rather slow speed (his whole thing is not being able to add kinetic energy to an object, so maybe he's being a little cocky). 

Well yeah

But it'd be embarrassing to die AND have a lower score

Plus that gets rid of the whole pickleball part.

Gemini looks a bit disappointed. He swings his racket at the ball, which disappears into his phasing paddle.

It then reappears behind Veer, flying towards the back of his head.

Gemini looks a bit disappointed. He swings his racket at the ball, which disappears into his phasing raquet.

It then reappears behind Veer, flying towards the back of his head.

The ball, well, veers around Veer’s head, not slowing down. When it reaches the net, it sharply drops, going towards the ground. (That’s three hits, and maybe some out of bounds-ing as well.) 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

The ball, well, veers around Veer’s head, not slowing down. When it reaches the net, it sharply drops, going towards the ground. (That’s three hits, and maybe some out of bounds-ing as well.) 

Gemini dives for the ball, but misses. He picks up the ball and tosses it to Veer to serve again. "Nice hit."

Out of bounds-ing? How?

Gemini dives for the ball, but misses. He picks up the ball and tosses it to Veer to serve again. "Nice hit."

The tossed ball drops, bounces, and lands perfectly in Veer’s hand. “Thank you. My serves aren’t working great, though. Hmmm.” Veer whips the ball into the air as fast as he can. It bounces diagonally down, then up again and over the net, moving much faster now. 

He hit the ball right by the net. (The illustrations in the article didn’t really tell me where “kitchen” was.) 

4 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

The tossed ball drops, bounces, and lands perfectly in Veer’s hand. “Thank you. My serves aren’t working great, though. Hmmm.” Veer whips the ball into the air as fast as he can. It bounces diagonally down, then up again and over the net, moving much faster now. 

The kitchen is an area right in front of the net on each side.

Gemini grins. He hits the ball, and it bounces in and out of their dimension, flying towards Veer. It is covered in lava and a strange growing algae substance.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gemini grins. He hits the ball, and it bounces in and out of their dimension, flying towards Veer. It is covered in lava and a strange growing algae substance.

Hmmm. Wonder where that went… not like it could be another RP or anything… 

Veer’s eyes grow wide, and he bounces the ball off the ground, leaving a scorch mark, then has an idea. He sends it into the kitchen and whacks it around repeatedly, then sends it over to Gemini so he can serve it. 
The lava does seem to be cooling down quickly as the volcano algae feeds off the heat, but it’s still going to hurt to touch. 

I’m leaving now. I much have time for another post or two in about ten minutes, though.
I’ll also have a pickleball fall from the sky and land in front of Nick, the next time I post. 

12 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Hmmm. Wonder where that went… not like it could be another RP or anything… 

Veer’s eyes grow wide, and he bounces the ball off the ground, leaving a scorch mark, then has an idea. He sends it into the kitchen and whacks it around repeatedly, then sends it over to Gemini so he can serve it. 
The lava does seem to be cooling down quickly as the volcano algae feeds off the heat, but it’s still going to hurt to touch. 

Gemini yelps as he grabs it, throwing it up and hitting it at Veer as he waved his burnt hand around.

9 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Gemini yelps as he grabs it, throwing it up and hitting it at Nick as he waved his burnt hand around.

I’m assuming you meant Veer (although with that racket, you could send it to Nick) 

Veer sends it back, but it doesn’t make it over the net. The algae begins to flake off, dormant now that the lava has cooled. He walks over, picking up the ball and wincing at the heat, then tosses it over to Gemini. 

9 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Veer sends it back, but it doesn’t make it over the net. The algae begins to flake off, dormant now that the lava has cooled. He walks over, picking up the ball and wincing at the heat, then tosses it over to Gemini. 

Whoops.

Yep, I meant Veer.

Gemini kicks it away, grabbing a new ball. This one is covered in menacing inch-long spikes. He hits it, and it phases away, reappearing above Veer going at least eighty mph.

Just now, Exotic Almond said:

"Alright magic scum, get over here now!" The guard grabs Aventine roughly and drags her along.

She caught the scream of pain in her mouth and tried to stay close so it wouldn't rub too much.

Just now, Spark of Hope said:

She caught the scream of pain in her mouth and tried to stay close so it wouldn't rub too much.

He basically drags Aventine to a room and tosses her in with no regard for her comfort "This is what happens when someone doesn't join up. Maybe now you'll reconsider."

Just now, Exotic Almond said:

He basically drags Aventine to a room and tosses her in with no regard for her comfort "This is what happens when someone doesn't join up. Maybe now you'll reconsider."

She landed on her side, yelping with a closed mouth. She rolled to her back, but didn't otherwise move.

Before when they got darted in the clinic basement and got taken, that was MCS. They had the number naming system (Elan was GT-01, god type one, Ave was MT (Mistborn type)-36, and so on)