What investiture was used to corrupted

bmcclure7

2 hours ago, Stormtide_Leviathan said:

I'm guessing it's a corruption of the person's own investiture, same as why Forgery gets the red investiture of corruption

Doesn't seem that way 

“How do you do it?” he asked, ignoring her question. “How do you recharge them? Wait. You put something else into them, something to be burned away by the sunlight? That temporarily blocks the circuit—or offers resistance to it.” “Some heat from a local works,” she said, studying him. “We have a few captives. They prime the sunhearts with a little of their heat, then we leave the sunhearts out. It works. Use some special Investiture instead, and you get a corrupted cinderheart to make the Charred.”

The only Investiture I can think of that would be "Special Investiture" would be anti-investiture.  I originally thought off-world Investiture, but we know the Rosharan made a normal, small Sunheart so it can't be that.

As for why the Sunheart doesn't explode? IMO it kinda does, and then reforms. The Sunhearts aren't gemstones with a rigid structure, so they can expand like a balloon and then reform, but at a much more destructive frequency.

48 minutes ago, LabRat said:

The only Investiture I can think of that would be "Special Investiture" would be anti-investiture.  I originally thought off-world Investiture, but we know the Rosharan made a normal, small Sunheart so it can't be that

It kinda can. Offworld souls are still thr same souls, even without that additional Investiture (wonder how good sunhearts would Nalthians made) as other humans. But other Investiture, more pure than souls, will give other effect.

My bet is on Voidlight - relativly easy to obtain and Charred seems to be really charged with hatred.

13 minutes ago, Bzhydack said:

It kinda can. Offworld souls are still thr same souls, even without that additional Investiture (wonder how good sunhearts would Nalthians made) as other humans. But other Investiture, more pure than souls, will give other effect.

My bet is on Voidlight - relativly easy to obtain and Charred seems to be really charged with hatred.

More likely to be Ruin's investiture based on the similarities between Charred and Hemalurgy:

• Cinderhearts warp the body around them to continue functioning after impaling the chest
  • Cinderhearts cause the Charred to lose control of their emotions, becoming violent like Koloss, Inquisitors, and Chimerae
  • Cinderhearts allow the Charred to be controlled by somebody else 

12 hours ago, LabRat said:

The only Investiture I can think of that would be "Special Investiture" would be anti-investiture.  I originally thought off-world Investiture, but we know the Rosharan made a normal, small Sunheart so it can't be that.

As for why the Sunheart doesn't explode? IMO it kinda does, and then reforms. The Sunhearts aren't gemstones with a rigid structure, so they can expand like a balloon and then reform, but at a much more destructive frequency.

No he asked Ax if it was anti investure and he said no. 

• 8 months later...

How about a boring solution? What if it's just an iron spike filled with physical strength transferred into a sunheart. My reasoning is mostly the hemalurgy and koloss similarities mentioned before but also the fact that where charred are spiked (the chest) is presumably the same bind point for a physical spike. 

It's called "special investiture" just because the researchers don't want to tell Nomad what it actually is.