SmilingPanda19

How do you like the games/GM drama so far?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the games/GM drama so far?

• MY HEART IS SHATTERED TO PIECES ❤️❤️❤️
    • AMAZZZZIIIINNNGG
    • Scrumptious
    • Excellent!
    • Good
    • Pretty Good
    • Okay
    • Meh
    • Nmhn…Ewww
    • It makes my introverted organs want to be extroverted barf

4 hours ago, Kajsa :) said:

As soon as Lilac turns her back, Assah raises her club and swings. 

SORRY I WENT AFK I HAD SCHOOL AND THEN DEBATE AND I JUST GOT HOME.

The club connected with her shoulder, slamming Lilac onto the ground.

She stayed like that for a moment, her eyes wide.

She hadn't seen it coming. That was the worse part.

If she'd considered the possibility, then maybe she would've had time to switch to someone else. Someone who could deal with it. With... the pain.

It hurt.

Lilac turned around, wide-eyed. And she saw someone who had called her a friend.
Who she had called a friend.

Lilac's lower lip wobbled. But she didn't cry.

She hadn't learned how to.

This was not the Lilac who knows what salt tastes like, dripping down and turning even the softest sunshine to brine and smothering waves.
This was not the Lilac who knows what it's like, to have a scream tear at the insides of her throat.
This was not the Lilac who had been beaten and broken, who had claws grab her and slash the clothes off her back, who has been choking and struggling and hanging from a noose, too feeble to fight but strong enough to know that she must try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

No, this was not that Lilac.

But the other one...
The other one, who slowly emerged from those tear-stained eyes. Yes, those eyes have been stained. Stained from years of unspoken, unknown grief.

The Lilac who has always had to try. Try to suck it in. Try to swallow the pain back down instead of having it explode outwards. Try, anyway.

Oh, this was the Lilac who had tried.

This Lilac had tried so very hard.

To forget.

To forget that her father hadn't died. He'd left.
To forget that her mother didn't love her.
To forget the people, who had told her that everything had a price. Including herself.
To forget what it felt like, doing anything---anything and everything they told her to do---just to survive.
To forget what it felt like, doing all of that for someone who hated her. Hates her.

She always had to try, anyway. Because if she failed, who would care?
She was just Lilac, of District 11, the one who wouldn't win, who couldn't win, because she was weak, because she had always been weak. Because she was stupid and short and young and dead. 

She had always been dead, since the beginning.

So what difference did it make, now?

This is what she asked herself, on the ground of the arena, eyes all over the world on her.
For the first time, people paid attention.
But not to her.
Never to her.
No, they watched the Games.
They watched the Tributes.

They did not watch Lilac.

If you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound?

This was the Lilac who knew that no matter what she said or did, she would never make a sound.

So she opened her mouth.

"I have a voice."

And she did.
They had tried to tell her that she didn't.
But she did.

"I have a voice. And you cannot take that away."

Lilac stared up at Assah.
She's... so controlled.
I don't want to be like her.

"You cannot control me. You cannot force me to play in your games. I am a person. And my name is Lilac."

She started to tremble, and the tears came out. The screams. The choking. 
But... she could do those things.
She could still move.
She could still breathe.

"I'm not dead," Lilac whispered, and she knew it to be true.

"And you cannot kill me," She said, not to Assah, but to the cameras. "You have tried to kill me. And I have let myself drown."

She smiled.

"But I can still move. I can still talk. I can, I can, I can, and you hate that. You hate that there are people out there who still think and move of their own accord. Who are not puppets."

She held her arms up at the sky.

"BUT I LIVE. I BREATHE. AND ISN'T THAT ENOUGH?"

She was screaming now.
She didn't care.
She hadn't screamed in such a long time.
It wasn't polite.
It wasn't allowed.
It wasn't...
It wasn't...
But she was.
She wasn't polite.
She wasn't allowed.
But somehow, she was.

She was alive.

"I LIVE. I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE THAT FROM ME. BECAUSE LIVING DOES NOT MEAN BREATH." 

And she lowered her arms.

"You will try to kill me. You will, most likely, succeed. But everything I've done cannot be erased. I WILL LIVE ON. EVEN AS YOU TRY TO FORGET ME."

"You will not forget me," she whispered, quieter and louder than anything she had said before.

"I am done forgetting. I am done being forgot."

And she squeezed her hands into fists.

"I will live."

And she picked up her quarterstaff.

14 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

If she'd considered the possibility, then maybe she would've had time to switch to someone else. Someone who could deal with it. With... the pain.

It hurt.

Lilac turned around, wide-eyed. And she saw someone who had called her a friend.

This was not the Lilac who knows what salt tastes like, dripping down and turning even the softest sunshine to brine and smothering waves.
This was not the Lilac who knows what it's like, to have a scream tear at the insides of her throat.
This was not the Lilac who had been beaten and broken, who had claws grab her and slash the clothes off her back, who has been choking and struggling and hanging from a noose, too feeble to fight but strong enough to know that she must try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

But the other one...
The other one, who slowly emerged from those tear-stained eyes. Yes, those eyes have been stained. Stained from years of unspoken, unknown grief.

The Lilac who has always had to try. Try to suck it in. Try to swallow the pain back down instead of having it explode outwards. Try, anyway.

To forget.

To forget the people, who had told her that everything had a price. Including herself.
To forget what it felt like, doing anything---anything and everything they told her to do---just to survive.
To forget what it felt like, doing all of that for someone who hated her. Hates her.

She was just Lilac, of District 11, the one who wouldn't win, who couldn't win, because she was weak, because she had always been weak. Because she was stupid and short and young and dead. 

This is what she asked herself, on the ground of the arena, eyes all over the world on her.
But not to her.
Never to her.

If you're falling in a forest, and there's nobody around, do you ever really crash or even make a sound?

This was the Lilac who knew that no matter what she said or did, she would never make a sound.

So she opened her mouth.

"I have a voice."

And she did.
But she did.

She's... so controlled.

"You cannot control me. You cannot force me to play in your games. I am a person. And my name is Lilac."

She could still move.
She could still breathe.

"And you cannot kill me," She said, not to Assah, but to the cameras. "You have tried to kill me. And I have let myself drown."

She smiled.

"But I can still move. I can still talk. I can, I can, I can, and you hate that. You hate that there are people out there who still think and move of their own accord. Who are not puppets."

She was screaming now.
She didn't care.
It wasn't polite.
It wasn't allowed.
It wasn't...
It wasn't...
But she was.
She wasn't polite.
She wasn't allowed.
But somehow, she was.

She was alive.

"I LIVE. I WILL NOT LET YOU TAKE THAT FROM ME. BECAUSE LIVING DOES NOT MEAN BREATH." 

"You will try to kill me. You will, most likely, succeed. But everything I've done cannot be erased. I WILL LIVE ON. EVEN AS YOU TRY TO FORGET ME."

"You will not forget me," she whispered, quieter and louder than anything she had said before.

"I will live."

*sobs*

*literal floods of tears*

❤️  

Somewhere, deep in a dungeon, Siylna nodded to a tv.

To a tribute that she had forced into a useless battle.

To a child who was beaten down, and stood up anyway.

To a…

To a hero.

I will remember you…all of you.

16 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

It hurt.

Try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

But the other one...

To forget.

But not to her.
Never to her.

So she opened her mouth.

"I have a voice."

And she did.
But she did.

She's... so controlled.

She could still move.
She could still breathe.

She smiled.

She was screaming now.
She didn't care.
It wasn't polite.
It wasn't allowed.
It wasn't...
It wasn't...
But she was.
She wasn't polite.
She wasn't allowed.
But somehow, she was.

She was alive.

"I will live."

Wow... That is such an emotional piece of writing @SymphonianBookworm it almost brought me to tears, and I don't cry ... ever. If this had been the Stormlit Hunger Games, you probably would have sworn an ideal I think.

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

Somewhere, deep in a dungeon, Siylna nodded to a tv.

To a tribute that she had forced into a useless battle.

To a child who was beaten down, and stood up anyway.

To a…

To a hero.

I will remember you…all of you.

3 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Thank you both! I'm glad I was able to invoke some of the emotion Lilac is feeling right now. She means a lot to me.

26 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

It hurt.

Try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

But the other one...

To forget.

But not to her.
Never to her.

So she opened her mouth.

"I have a voice."

And she did.
But she did.

She's... so controlled.

She could still move.
She could still breathe.

She smiled.

She was screaming now.
She didn't care.
It wasn't polite.
It wasn't allowed.
It wasn't...
It wasn't...
But she was.
She wasn't polite.
She wasn't allowed.
But somehow, she was.

She was alive.

"I will live."

Spoiler

Absolutely beautiful ❤️

16 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

It hurt.

Try, anyway.

Try, anyway.

But the other one...

To forget.

But not to her.
Never to her.

So she opened her mouth.

"I have a voice."

And she did.
But she did.

She's... so controlled.

She could still move.
She could still breathe.

She smiled.

She was screaming now.
She didn't care.
It wasn't polite.
It wasn't allowed.
It wasn't...
It wasn't...
But she was.
She wasn't polite.
She wasn't allowed.
But somehow, she was.

She was alive.

"I will live."

Ok yes girlboss now I’m actually conflicted I need to see more of lilac—

Also,

Incredible character development? ✔️ 

Incredible writing? ✔️

Able to invoke emotion? ✔️

u could totally be a writer :) 

AND STOP MAKING ME CRY SCUDDIT 😭😭😭

Assah smirked. Atta girl. “In a different world, I hope we could have really been friends. I like you.” She took her defensive stance back up, waiting for Lilac to strike. “But… Boris needs me. And I need this. To win.”

*cue Play This As I Die by Ethan Gander—*

Edited by Kajsa :)

10 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

Assah smirked. Atta girl. “In a different world, I hope we could have really been friends. I like you.” She took her defensive stance back up, waiting for Lilac to strike. “But… Boris needs me. And I need this. To win.”

🤫 i'm actually writing a book but we don't need to talk about that because I know I'm never going to finish...

also THANK YOU!!

I am conflicted too because in this scenario either Lilac dies or Assah dies and I don't want either of them to die.

Lilac looked at her, her eyes filled with melancholy. 
"I am sorry about Boris. But you are not the only one who needs this. I... am not going to stop fighting. Not now. Not ever."

She took a deep, steading breath.
Because sometimes it was okay to just breathe, and feel the air fill you up and carry you away and let you float for one beautiful second.

And then she struck, swinging her quarterstaff at Assah's weapon.

41 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

🤫 i'm actually writing a book but we don't need to talk about that because I know I'm never going to finish...

also THANK YOU!!

I am conflicted too because in this scenario either Lilac dies or Assah dies and I don't want either of them to die.

NO WAY I'M WRITING A BOOK TOO AND I FEEL THE ABSOLUTE SAME WAY

OKAY ACTUALLY ME TOO 

41 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Lilac looked at her, her eyes filled with melancholy. 
"I am sorry about Boris. But you are not the only one who needs this. I... am not going to stop fighting. Not now. Not ever."

She took a deep, steading breath.
Because sometimes it was okay to just breathe, and feel the air fill you up and carry you away and let you float for one beautiful second.

And then she struck, swinging her quarterstaff at Assah's weapon.

Assah was surprised at the force with which Lilac swung, and she was taken off-guard. The quarterstaff knocked her club out of the way and continued into her own shoulder. Assah grunted and stumbled backward, almost losing her balance, before she rushed forward once more, aiming high at first but ducking low at the last second, and...

Spoiler

i'm sorry that was like actually such a bad run-on

ALSO I MADE A THING! IT'S MILDLY TERRIBLE BECAUSE I GAVE UP HALFWAY THROUGH AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY LACKING DEPTH AND DOESN'T MATCH UP SOMETIMES BUT-- UM YEAH

ENJOY SIYLNA'S SONG PEOPLE MK BYE I'M LEAVING NOW DUE TO EMBARRASSMENT

i forgot smth--

43 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

Assah was surprised at the force with which Lilac swung, and she was taken off-guard. The quarterstaff knocked her club out of the way and continued into her own shoulder. Assah grunted and stumbled backward, almost losing her balance, before she rushed forward once more, aiming high at first but ducking low at the last second, and...

Reveal hidden contents

*screams in excitement*

ILL LISTEN TO IT AFTER REHEARSAL I BET IT’S INCREDIBLE

3 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

*screams in excitement*

ILL LISTEN TO IT AFTER REHEARSAL I BET IT’S INCREDIBLE

Lol it's really not (it's terrible and embarrassing 🤣) but I'm grateful u have faith in me xD

46 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

Reveal hidden contents

2 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

It is very good!

41 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

…took Lilac at her stomach, knocking the air out of the stomach and shoving her to the ground. Lilac fell, hard, on her back, letting out a muffled cry of pain. But when she looked at Assah, there was no hate in her eyes. Only a twisted sort of understanding, for she knew what it was like to fight to live, instead of fighting to kill. 

She stumbled to her feet, knowing that she was the weaker of the pair. Knowing that she was smaller. Incapable. Knowing that she couldn’t-

But couldn’t she? Couldn’t she? 

And so she stopped repeating what the others had told her.

She was weak and small, incapable. But she was not going to lose. No matter what, she was not going to lose. She couldn’t. 

So, standing, in a way she hadn’t before, she matched her opponent as she gasped for breath. 

She was human. She was not perfect. She would fall, and would hurt. But that did not matter. The only thing that mattered was that she continued on, with whatever she had, because she was fighting for something.

She was fighting for herself.

And so she swung once more, this time at the face. 

1 minute ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

…took Lilac at her stomach, knocking the air out of the stomach and shoving her to the ground. Lilac fell, hard, on her back, letting out a muffled cry of pain. But when she looked at Assah, there was no hate in her eyes. Only a twisted sort of understanding, for she knew what it was like to fight to live, instead of fighting to kill. 

She stumbled to her feet, knowing that she was the weaker of the pair. Knowing that she was smaller. Incapable. Knowing that she couldn’t-

She was weak and small, incapable. But she was not going to lose. No matter what, she was not going to lose. She couldn’t. 

So, standing, in a way she hadn’t before, she matched her opponent as she gasped for breath. 

She was human. She was not perfect. She would fall, and would hurt. But that did not matter. The only thing that mattered was that she continued on, with whatever she had, because she was fighting for something.

Blood spewed from Assah’s nose and mouth. She sputtered, falling backward onto the ground, vulnerable. She groaned, a hand covering her injuries, the other still gripping her club. She can’t beat me. I need this. I need to win. I need to be enough. She cannot win. And so Assah staggered back to her feet, trying to formulate some sort of plan with her throbbing brain. 

1 minute ago, Kajsa :) said:

Blood spewed from Assah’s nose and mouth. She sputtered, falling backward onto the ground, vulnerable. She groaned, a hand covering her injuries, the other still gripping her club. She can’t beat me. I need this. I need to win. I need to be enough. She cannot win. And so Assah staggered back to her feet, trying to formulate some sort of plan with her throbbing brain. 

OH MY GOD OH NO OH NO THERE'S BLOOD OH NO OH NO OH NO.

6 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Just now, Kajsa :) said:

Several shades move towards the pair, sensing blood. Their eyes are red and hungry.

3 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

Assah swore. “We’re dead. We’re dead! HOW DO YOU EVEN FIGHT THESE THINGS?”

HOW DO THESE THINGS FIGHT

ARE THEY ALLOWED TO PUNCH YOU GUYS

The shades started to swarm Lilac first, and then Assah. As they pass through the tributes, their limbs start to turn black.

*sobs* 

Why must I be the monster…

4 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

Doug steps in throwing one of his daggers at the shade, hoping that it is silver, he was more confident in the direction and momentum of the knife, as he had practiced this for many years. 

@Edema Rue @SmilingPanda19

It passes through a single shade, which dissipates, but there are nearly 10 of them.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

The shades started to swarm Lilac first, and then Assah. As they pass through the tributes, their limbs start to turn black.

Assah screams in pain (I'm assuming it hurts). Her first instinct is to collapse and cover her head, but she doubts that will make them go away. So she tries to, like, hit and punch them and stuff and I'm too lazy to actually write stuff out rn cuz i'm working on my book

4 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

HOW DO THESE THINGS FIGHT

ARE THEY ALLOWED TO PUNCH YOU GUYS

IDK I'M UNFAMILIAR WITH THRENODY 😭

4 minutes ago, Kajsa :) said:

Assah screams in pain (I'm assuming it hurts). Her first instinct is to collapse and cover her head, but she doubts that will make them go away. So she tries to, like, hit and punch them and stuff and I'm too lazy to actually write stuff out rn cuz i'm working on my book

xD

um…

I think you might be a little dead…

25 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

xD

um…

I think you might be a little dead…

oh nice B) my bad--

peace 🫡

let me revise my thing then--

Assah was dead.

Boris yowled at the TV. He didn't understand quite what happened, but suddenly his girl's body was slumped against the ground, crumpled, disfigured. It was wrong.

She didn't move, and he howled again. Maybe it would wake her up.

It didn't.

Boris' little heart hurt in a way he hadn't felt for a very long time, and even then, it was something different. Now it hurt like somebody was squeezing him until he couldn't breathe. He didn't understand why.

He jumped from his perch on the counter and clawed at the TV, yowling as loud as he could.

Why wouldn't his girl wake up?

And then it hit him. 

She was dead. 

Gone. 

If he'd been human, he could have told her. She was already enough, and she should have stopped trying to be the best, because in the end, it killed her.

Who would he wake up in the mornings with his fluffy tail and wispy whiskers? Whose coffee would he spill, whose papers would he chew on?

Whose hand would be as gentle as his girl's had been? Whose warm body would he curl against in the winter chill, purring softly while she read a book, watched violent projections on the TV, or even just stroked his soft orange fur?

Whose meals would he share?

Little Boris felt something terrible inside. He stopped crying and clawing at the screen, and just curled up on the blanket his girl last used. Her scent was still there.

Sweat and metal and leather, smothered in lavender and fresh air.

He could almost feel her warmth beside him. He closed his eyes, imagining that his girl was right there beside him.

And he decided that he would never leave.