I recently went down a cosmere rabbit hole(which I do on occasion) and I discovered that Design and Hoid somehow got off of Roshar to get to Komachi without breaking their bond. But I've also seen several articles state that that would be a bit of a problem for Hoid. How does this happen? I haven't read Yumi yet, if it's a spoiler, please don't tell me the answer, but if it isn't, I need answers.

Simply put... it is unexplained. I would think that getting spren offworld would be explained in Stormlight, most likely the back 5. I have a theory that Bondsmithing and Elsecalling together - like Bondsmithing and Lightweaving to create the map - could be used to get offworld, but at this point no one knows.

11 hours ago, CuratorOTL said:

How does this happen?

No answers, but some possible implications. Minor Spoilers:

Spoiler

YatNP takes place in the Future Cosmere where Space travel is a thing. Slightly more spoilers:

Spoiler

It is implied that the travel problem is when travelling in Shadesmar, so Hoid designed a framework for Design to inhabit in the PR, and they departed Roshar by spaceship in the Physical Realm

15 hours ago, CuratorOTL said:

I recently went down a cosmere rabbit hole(which I do on occasion) and I discovered that Design and Hoid somehow got off of Roshar to get to Komachi without breaking their bond. But I've also seen several articles state that that would be a bit of a problem for Hoid. How does this happen? I haven't read Yumi yet, if it's a spoiler, please don't tell me the answer, but if it isn't, I need answers.

We don't know but this is something that happened much earlier, TLM spoilers:

Spoiler

At the time of TLM, Hoid was the only Radiant that managed to leave Roshar with his bond intact:

Spoiler

Matias_Leibo

Are the Coinshots that helped Steris with getting people out of the flood zone, and who seemed rather concerned with whether she was following the law, actually Skybreakers?

Brandon Sanderson

Ah, hehehehehe. So, we'll just leave that one. So, how about this. At this point in continuity, a Skybreaker could not easily get off of Roshar. In fact, by this point in continuity, I believe (you can't hold me to this one too much) the only Radiant who's managed to get off of Roshar and maintain powers is Hoid. I believe that's the case. Hoid is weird. He also has lots of knowledge. He used a specific method to get... yeah, anyway.

Don't hold me to that, but I think by this point he is the first to get out of system. Off-world doesn't really count because you can go to Braize or Ashyn. 

YouTube Spoiler Stream 5 (Dec. 2, 2022)

Connection manipulation was definitely involved, as that's what holds Spren to Roshar. Identity might be involved too. But what does it mean, or how he did that, we don't know. 

SotD2 spoilers:

Spoiler

During the space era of Cosmere we see Radiants being able to leave Roshar and traverse Cosmere. By the time Yumi takes place, Hoid and Design aren't anything special. Yumi Spoilers:

Spoiler

What's special is Design body, as Hoid spend a lot of time explaining how he made it, emphasizing that it isn't her actual body, because they've learned the lesson on that (probably a reference to Ishar's experiments).