SmilingPanda19

Available Flights  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Flights

• Phantom - Flightleader: ‘Whiplash’- Flight 358
    • Obsidian - Flightleader: ‘Lord’ - Flight 359

9 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria looked at him, quite seriously. "Yes, I do."

He smiles a little on the corner of his lips. He pulls himself off the skateboard and brushes his pants with his hands. 
“Good.” He brings his hand up to the flashlight he has sitting in the ship to help with the dark and he flicks it off. The room goes pitch black for a moment, nobody else was in there except them. The only sound was their breathing.

Under the ship a little glow appeared, in the dark a light started to illuminate. You can see his smile faintly in the glow. He steps and flicks a lever on the wall, the ship starts to go up and it stops and rests about 15 feet off the ground. He stares directly up at the bottom.

Along the bottom is a painting. Anything can be a canvas if you have the patience to use it. The under side of the ship glowed with a glow in the dark paint. It had depth, dimension, a thousand colors. 

“I read about this place in old text books.” It was a painting of old earth, the sky was many colors with clouds and raindrops. There were no skylights or debri. There was trees and grass and stars, beautiful stars. A little drawing in the corner of a small shallow cave with a little boy sitting inside it, holding open a book. It vaguely looked like him even, mesmerized by the books glow. It was quite a sight to say the least.

@SymphonianBookworm

26 minutes ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Patience is a virtue young one :) 

Edited by SmilingPanda19

13 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He smiles a little on the corner of his lips. He pulls himself off the skateboard and brushes his pants with his hands. 
“Good.” He brings his hand up to the flashlight he has sitting in the ship to help with the dark and he flicks it off. The room goes pitch black for a moment, nobody else was in there except them. The only sound was their breathing.

Under the ship a little glow appeared, in the dark a light started to illuminate. You can see his smile faintly in the glow. He steps and flicks a lever on the wall, the ship starts to go up and it stops and rests about 15 feet off the ground. He stares directly up at the bottom.

Along the bottom is a painting. Anything can be a canvas if you have the patience to use it. The under side of the ship glowed with a glow in the dark paint. It had depth, dimension, a thousand colors. 

“I read about this place in old text books.” It was a painting of old earth, the sky was many colors with clouds and raindrops. There were no skylights or debri. There was trees and grass and stars, beautiful stars. A little drawing in the corner of a small shallow cave with a little boy sitting inside it, holding open a book. It vaguely looked like him even, mesmerized by the books glow. It was quite a sight to say the least.

Aria.

Was stunned. 

She looked at the painting. 

Than at Jock.

Then at the painting.

Then him again.

Her voice was a soft murmur. “I didn’t think… I suppose I should’ve known… I…”

And then she smiled, too. Not the usual smiles she gave, plastered onto her face in hopes that they might make her happier. No, this was a smile caused by happiness. By witnessing something… beautiful.

Art.

Aria tentatively reached out a hand to the painting as if to touch it, before withdrawing. “I… I love it.”

Once Junior got out of his flightsuit, he pulled himself onto the iron top bunk of his bed in the cadet's quarters. He laid down on his back on the hard mattress. It was cold. He stared up at the ceiling. The limit.

And thought of another line.

He thought it over in his head.

Again and again.

He reversed it then rearranged it then rethought it then readjusted it then replaced it and reconstructed it.

Yes.

This would be the line of his villanelle.

Repeated.

And repeated.

Until the end.

Just now, The Wandering Wizard said:

NO ITS NOT

WINGFEATHER IS FRIEND

Len climbed slowly out of his ship, rubbing his achy leg. He limped off towards the mess hall.

Just now, Just-A-Stick said:

Just find a person and interact with them.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

Len climbed slowly out of his ship, rubbing his achy leg. He limped off towards the mess hall.

Wingfeather is life

3 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria.

Was stunned. 

Than at Jock.

Then at the painting.

Then him again.

And then she smiled, too. Not the usual smiles she gave, plastered onto her face in hopes that they might make her happier. No, this was a smile caused by happiness. By witnessing something… beautiful.

Art.

Aria tentatively reached out a hand to the painting as if to touch it, before withdrawing. “I… I love it.”

“This is how I imagine the land of our ancestors…. Quite incredible really.” He mumbles. This is who he was, he loved the history of his people… especially considering… his thoughts trail off and he just looks at her. “I have a lot better paintings back home…” he mumbles. “It isn’t much here honestly.” He rubs his hand on the back of his neck.

5 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

I love randomly quoting Star Wars quotes.

5 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

@SymphonianBookworm

4 hours ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria.

Was stunned. 

Than at Jock.

Then at the painting.

Then him again.

Art.

What about Aria and Jock love?

2 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

2 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Nova has no friends and is very sad.

1 hour ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

“This is how I imagine the land of our ancestors…. Quite incredible really.” He mumbles. This is who he was, he loved the history of his people… especially considering… his thoughts trail off and he just looks at her. “I have a lot better paintings back home…” he mumbles. “It isn’t much here honestly.” He rubs his hand on the back of his neck.

Aria grinned at him. Damn. "I despise it when people downplay their work by comparing it to something else. Even if your other works are spectacular! Brilliant! That does not make this piece any less magnificent." She placed her hands on her hips. "And also. If you even hypothetically wanted to show someone hypothetically more of your hypothetical artwork. Just putting it out there that hypothetically there might be someone who would be hypothetically willing to see it." She paused. "I should stop saying hypothetical." She paused again. "It wasn't hypothetical. I want to see more of your artwork. Not that you have to show me. But. I do."

34 minutes ago, SymphonianBookworm said:

Aria grinned at him. Damn. "I despise it when people downplay their work by comparing it to something else. Even if your other works are spectacular! Brilliant! That does not make this piece any less magnificent." She placed her hands on her hips. "And also. If you even hypothetically wanted to show someone hypothetically more of your hypothetical artwork. Just putting it out there that hypothetically there might be someone who would be hypothetically willing to see it." She paused. "I should stop saying hypothetical." She paused again. "It wasn't hypothetical. I want to see more of your artwork. Not that you have to show me. But. I do."

He looks at her from the side of his vision. 
“So hypothetically you want to…” he trails off a little. “Be around me…- I mean my artwork more?” He forces a disgusted look into his face, but you could tell he wanted to smile.

7 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

He looks at her from the side of his vision. 
“So hypothetically you want to…” he trails off a little. “Be around me…- I mean my artwork more?” He forces a disgusted look into his face, but you could tell he wanted to smile.

Aria rolls her eyes jokingly. “Ah yes, I hypothetically want to be around your artwork because it’s nice to have conversations with. Artwork is very helpful when trying to socialize.” Then she smiles once more. “Also, as a side note. I think smiling doesn’t really mean admitting weakness. It means admitting that you can be happy, which in times of war hurts your enemies the most. So therefore, if you were trying to harm me, smiling is most definitely the way to do it.”

1 hour ago, [Redacted] said:

Currently, everyone’s on the ground going wherever they please. Jock and Aria are talking by the ships, Len is walking towards the mess hall, and I think Nova and Whiplash are by the bunks? Not sure about anyone else.