Knights Radiant symbols

Dr Limelight

Question

Alright, I am making a series of laser engraved plaques for myself and my younger brother that has the knights radiant symbol in the inside, and then 7 and 9 inch diameter symbols for each of the abilities and orders, respectively.  It's going to be a pretty sweet wall display.  I am hitting a roadblock--is there a source for large symbols for each order and power that are higher quality when zoomed?

4 answers to this question

Welcome to the forums

7 hours ago, Dr Limelight said:

Alright, I am making a series of laser engraved plaques for myself and my younger brother that has the knights radiant symbol in the inside, and then 7 and 9 inch diameter symbols for each of the abilities and orders, respectively.  It's going to be a pretty sweet wall display.  I am hitting a roadblock--is there a source for large symbols for each order and power that are higher quality when zoomed?

How big will this plaque be, if you plan to have 20 glyphs, each 7 to 9 in diameter? Or did you mean a 9 in plaque with all twenty glyphs? Will you be using the "double-eye" configuration?

@AltonicKeys already linked the Coppermind gallery, I would also mention that you can use Sanderson's website resources as well, like The Order Summary or Stormlight Archive Art. Sometimes (on PC), when I need a slightly higher resolution that the available download, I'll "zoom" in the webpage (usually CTRL and + (Shift 😃 or + on the numpad), then use Alt+PrtScn to take a screenshot of the current page, which you can then paste into an editor (like Paint) and crop - this will usually yield a higher resolution image (example - the 500px Gravitation glyph became 900x1000 saved this way).

Be sure to know and follow the Fan Art Guidelines - Brandon is very generous to fans, so you really want to follow the few rules he puts forth (which mostly amount to private-use-only).

Hope that helps

Thanks folks.  Treamayne, they are going to be 7 inches for the powers, 9 inches for the orders.  Since they are all separate, we may mess around with the orientation, but my thoughts are offset concentric circles, not the double eye.  Powers in the smaller inner circles.  
Good reminder about the fan art guidelines--these are private, and if I did it anywhere else, it would definitely just be little one-offs as allowed in his guidelines.
Anyways, thanks again!

48 minutes ago, Dr Limelight said:

Thanks folks.  Treamayne, they are going to be 7 inches for the powers, 9 inches for the orders.  Since they are all separate, we may mess around with the orientation, but my thoughts are offset concentric circles, not the double eye.  Powers in the smaller inner circles.  
Good reminder about the fan art guidelines--these are private, and if I did it anywhere else, it would definitely just be little one-offs as allowed in his guidelines.
Anyways, thanks again!

Kind of like @Jofwu's Herald Wheel? Except with the Surges on the inner ring instead of the Herald Portaits? Or do you plan to ahve all of the Glyphs oriented to the image bottom instead of the center of the concentric circles?