Greetings!

The H

Hey everyone! I'm new to the Shard, but not particularly to Sanderson's books. I like reading fantasy books such as The Stormlight Archive, and playing in fantasy worlds such as The Legend Of Zelda. I created my account a good while back, but was to busy reading the forums to create a post.

I'm also thinking about making a topic as I read through Mistborn, with a new post every day about what I have read so far.

Anyway, I am excited to be a part of the 17th Shard and contribute to it too.

Edited by The H

1 minute ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Hehe it's very hard to stop reading xD

And you can always post your thoughts after a few chapters. Doesn't have to be everyone :)

But once I get into a sprint, I might just read for hours though

Also, to spice up this topic for anyone who joins, I'll ask a question; What do you think is the most powerful magic system in the Cosmere?

1 hour ago, The H said:

Also, to spice up this topic for anyone who joins, I'll ask a question; What do you think is the most powerful magic system in the Cosmere?

That depends heavily on how you define the "powerful" and which metrics you apply. For example, have you read Elantris? (minor spoilers)

Spoiler

AonDor is possibly the the strongest in that it can replicate nearly any effect from any other magic system, but is very location limited. 

When you have read most of the related Cosmere stories, you may be intereted in @Frustration's Firepower thread - which is dedicated to exactly this kind of analysis and comparison.

59 minutes ago, Treamayne said:

That depends heavily on how you define the "powerful" and which metrics you apply. For example, have you read Elantris? (minor spoilers)

Reveal hidden contents

AonDor is possibly the the strongest in that it can replicate nearly any effect from any other magic system, but is very location limited. 

When you have read most of the related Cosmere stories, you may be intereted in @Frustration's Firepower thread - which is dedicated to exactly this kind of analysis and comparison.

Yes I have read Elantris, and perhaps my question was too broad 😅

How about this:

A free for all with only one of each of these warriors.

• Elantrian (with power as if they were in Elantris)
  • A Knight Radiant (pick any order you believe would win)
  • A Fullborn (Twinborn who is a full Feruchemist + Mistborn)

And I don't know enough about Warbreaker, White Sand, and Hemalurgy to include more.

(Also, I haven't read Mistborn, but know about its magic system briefly from my curiosity on the forums and Coppermind)