Reading Mistborn For The First Time

The H

Hey everyone, this is my second post on the Shard, and it will probably be a bit long-running. I recently got the box set of the first three Mistborn novels, and I thought as I read through them, I would make a post for a group of chapters that I've read per day or two.

37 minutes ago, The H said:

Hey everyone, this is my second post on the Shard, and it will probably be a bit long-running. I recently got the box set of the first three Mistborn novels, and I thought as I read through them, I would make a post for a group of chapters that I've read per day or two.

Welcome to the Forums. Since you are starting Mistborn, is that also your first Sanderson Book? If yes, then I hope you enjoy the ride, and let us know when you want some more information on related books, series and stories. Minor possible spoilers:

Spoiler

You may want to consider one of the many reading order threads which detail some of the stories that 

Here are some tips and tricks that you may not yet be aware of, since each forum is slightly different:

Spoiler
  • At the bottom left of a post you will see a "+" icon, a "Quote" link.
  • At the bottom right you will see an heart icon (and possibly different reactions in the future).
  • At the top right you will see a hamburger menu (three dots) which shows: Report, Share, and (your posts only) Edit and Hide tools.

Likes/Reactions:

Spoiler
  • The Heart Icon (Like) is how you thank people or "like" a post
    • Likes, Mentions and Quotes should all send an alert to the appropriate person - even when added to an old post through the Edit feature.

Report Tool:

Spoiler
  • Use  the Report tool to report any post (your own or others) to a forum Mod
    • Use this if you do accidentally double-post (sometimes it's the browser or a slow link that causes a double post) - just leave a message that it was an accidental double post and the Mods can fix it. If it was the first post of a new thread that doubled, they usually can merge the threads if they both have answers, so all of the content is retained.
    • For reporting Spam, only report a single post by the user to let the Mods and Admins know - they get messages for each "report" so reporting each Spam post is annoying and unnecessary. If all posts by a "new user" (bot) are all spam - then all of those posts will be deleted when that account is deleted.

Hide Tool:

Spoiler
  • Use the Hide tool to hide your post if you want to remove it after posting (useful for accidental double-posts)
    • Hiding the first post in a Thread will hide the threan as long as ther have been no replies (Needs Testing)

Mentions:

Spoiler
  • You can "Mention" a person by typing "@" and slowly typing their user name (spelling matters). As you spell their name, the interface will show a pop-up with matches - when you match appears, click it to add the Mention
    • Likes, Mentions and Quotes should all send an alert to the appropriate person - even when added to an old post through the Edit feature.

Quote Methods:

Spoiler
  • The "Quote" link is exactly that, when you click it the quote will be added to the reply at the bottom of the thread wherever the cursor is (adding a carraige return if necessary)
    • So, if you have already started to reply before you decide to quote you can then add the quote before or after your text depending on the cursor location when you click "Quote"
  • The + icon is multi-quote. As you read a thread, if you want to quote multiple items you can click that for each post you want to quote
    • As you click +, you should see a toaster pop-up on the bottom right of the browser window showing how many quotes you will have
    • They are added in the order you click the + icon, not in the original post order, so you can set the order of quotes for your reply
    • When you are ready to reply, click on the toaster pop-up and it will take you directly to the reply section and add the quotes automatically with one blank line between each for you to add your comment(s)
  • Finally, you can also highlight a small section of a post and, when hovering over the highlit portion, click the "Quote Selection" button that pops up.
    • This will also be added to the cursor location, rather than the bottom of the reply.
  • Also note that you can move quotes after they have been added to your reply.
    • For example, you add a quote and realize there are no empty lines below it for you to type - so you can hit "enter" before the quote to make an empty line then when you hover over a quote you will see a 4-way arrow at the top-left that you can use to drag the quote up (or down)  and move the quote to before the empty line. . .
    • This is also how you can add quotes to an Edit of your own post. You quote using any of the methods above and the quote will go to the reply section. You then hover over the four-way arrow and use CTRL+C to cut the quote, which you can then paste into your edit window.

Editing posts:

Spoiler
  • Use the Edit link to make changes to a completed post or add information to your post if it is the most recent (to avoid double posting)
    • Quote buttons will still send a quote to "Reply" if you have a post open for edit, but it is easy to cut/paste the quote to the Edit box
    • Editing the first post in a thread allows the thread-creator to edit the thread title (important for changing accidental spoilers)
    • Editing allows you to add a reason for the edit (Spelling and grammar (SPAG), formatting, clarification, new information, etc.), but it is not required.

Other:

Spoiler
  • Quotes and Spoilers are very similar, but here are the differences:
    • Spoiler tags are default "closed" and are not attributed - they may be opened by clicking the spoiler box title
    • Quotes are default "open" (but may be closed by clicking the Quote Title and are denoted by the basic arrow icon on the left side of the quote title), If the quote was added with one of the methods explained below, it will be attributed - if it was added with the quote icon in the Reply/Edit tools, it will not be attributed.
    • Attributed Quotes will have a curved arrow icon on the rigth side of the quote title to jump directly to the post from which the quote was taken.

Hope that helps.

@Treamayne Thanks for the help, the post interface is new to me.

1 hour ago, Treamayne said:

is that also your first Sanderson Book?

No, I have read The Stormlight Archive (and its novellas) and Elantris (+Hope Of Elantris) My goal is to read the entire Cosmere so far before Knights Of Winds And Truth comes out. I have a list of all books that I've read since 2020 in my 'About Me' section on my profile :)

Edited by The H

Alright so I think it's time to start the posts:

Prologue

We start with the text on top, which I am used to as I see it frequently in TSA. It seems to be from a man who is supposed to be a 'hero' but doubts himself.

The chapter properly begins with Lord Tresting, a man who is ruthless to his slaves, well by our standard anyway, it seems that the Skaa are treated like animals, and even worse than other slave groups in the Cosmere. He gets a visitor for a kind of religious, law-enforcing ambassador who shoves Tresting's treatment of the Skaa under the rug and commends his great work keeping them under his control. He notices a Skaa worker who is smiling directly at him, and feels uneasy, calling for a beating to make him feel better.

We then cut to the perspective of a man named Kelsier, which's first paragraph describes the setting of the world a bit more. It seems that he is unafraid of the nobles and would spark as much hope and rebellion into the Skaa working in their plantations. As Kelsier is conversing with an elderly Skaa named Mennis later that night, he is interrupted by a loud scream. It is mentioned that he earlier swallowed some Allomantic metals, and then he accesses his reserves of tin, enhancing his senses. I know that there is a whole system of metals and their attributes, but right now I'm clueless. He could hear a young Skaa girl being taken away from an older woman who seems to be her mother.

The very next day, Mennis wakes to find that the girl, whose name is Jess, had come home safely, and Lord Tresting dead. Mennis discovered that Kelsier escaped into the mists, which Skaa are terribly afraid of.

Chapter 1

We get introduced to Vin, a low-level criminal with a weird ability hmmmm I wonder if she'll ever meet another character with similar abilities hmm... She calls it 'Luck' and it seems to help soothe people's emotions, but doesn't really seem to understand it that much. It looked like she had a brother who was somewhat protective of her, but still a bully of sorts. She seems to accept that there is no such things as friendship in the underworld, and whoever she thinks she trusts will ultimately betray her. The leader of the crew Vin works for, Camon, (I feel like Michael Jackson probably made up that name first but whatever) has a job that would pay well and orders Vin to come along. Anyway long story short she uses her Luck on Laird, the obligator, and he secures a deal with an undercover Camon.

Chapter 2

Kelsier again! He goes back to the capital, Luthadel, and meets with his friend Dockson. The two discuss a criminal plan, and who they would invite to the team. We learn that Klsier has a brother, Marsh who sounds like Mudkip's second evolution.

We switch back to Vin, who is chilling alone at the hideout, reflecting on her life and how she was beaten the previous day. Camon then walks up to her and tells her that it is time for something.

Vin travels alongside Camon to the Steel Minisrty's Canton of Finance, where Camon is staging another agreement to get his hands on as many boxings as possible, with the persona of 'Lord Jedue. Vin and some of the other crewmembers act as Camon's servants, as he is instead met with a High Prelan, as Prlean Laird had been called away on business. She felt as if the obligator was getting suspicious of them, and used her Luck on him, making him less so.

We're again focused on ✨Kelsier✨, as he is stuffing some waiting room cakes, as Camon exits the building. He and Dockson agree that Vin is special in one way or another, and Kelsier notices Vin's bruises from being beaten by Camon. As the two leave, Kelsier spots a Steel Inquisitor, with a metal spike pounded through his eyes. They assume that he is after Vin, and Kelsier leaves to deal with them.

Chapter 3

Vin suspects that something bad would happen, and the three thousand boxings they swindled out was too good to be true. She tells Ulef, her 'friend' that they need to leave immediately. AND THEN ULEF THE FLIPPIN IDIOT BETRAYS HER BY TELLING CAMON. Camon beats up Vin for it, but Kelsier steps in, and seems to be known by all the criminals as The Survivor Of Hathsin, being the only one to ever survive the Pits Of Hathsin. Milev listens to Kelsier's demand in exchange of dealing with the Inquisitor, and takes over the reigns of the team. Kelsier asks for an audience with Vin, as he and Dockson introduce themselves and runs tests. Turns out that Vin, along with Kelsier is... A MISTBORN!!!! (The name of the book :0 )

Chapter 4

Vin is introduced to 💥Kelsier's Bois💥and meets Breeze, Ham, Clubs and their employer, Yeden. Kelsier arrives and casually mentions that their plan is to straight up overthrow the Final Empire, which has been active for a thousand years.

Edited by The H
spoiler

Discussion time!

I have some questions: where is Reen? I have a feeling he'll come back later, if not in this book, in the next ones. Also I'm so intrigued to discover what betrayal happened to Kelsier to lead to his sentence to the Pits Of Hathsin.

Edited by The H

1 hour ago, The H said:

We start with the text on top,

Those are called epigraphs. For example, since you said you read SA, you can see all of Epigraphs for (SA Spoiler) The Way of Kings here.

Or (Mistborn Spoilers in link) when you finish The Final Empire:

Spoiler

Mistborn Epigraphs - but don't click the link until you finish - spoilers ahead. Just wanted you to know how the Coppermind collects them if you need to review all of them in one place. 

You seem to be enjoying the book so far. Please make sure to use spoiler tags for references like (SA Spoilers)

Spoiler

Comparing the treatment of Skaa to the Parshmen. Since this is the Mistborn forum, it is not assumed that people reading these threads have already read Stormlight Archive, so any references to other worlds (Roshar, Sel, etc.) need to be in spoiler tags. The Cosmere Discussion forum is the place for discussing multiple areas in teh Cosmere without needing spoiler tags - except for stories that are still in their spoiler period after release. 

Spoiler Policy is here - but I'll summarize for convenience:

• If in a book specific forum or channel, you wish to refer to another series please use spoiler markup or, if appropriate, move to a full spoiler channel. A reference to what the spoiler is related to, should also be included. (eg. OB (SPOILER))
    • Forum: The ‘eye’ button will create a spoiler box in which text and images can be added.
    • Discord: Add || to either side of a sentence without spaces at the beginning or end (eg. ||spoilers||)

Forum

• Stick to the appropriate forum. Check forum board description if you are unsure.
    • Spoiler topics posted in non-spoiler forums must contain ‘Spoiler’ in the topic title.
  • New books can be discussed without spoiler tags in the dedicated new book subforum/area only. 
    • Topic titles should not contain spoilers 
    • You are strongly encouraged to post topics on new works in the new book subforum/area only. If you must reference something in a spoiler period outside those forums, you must spoiler tag it.

Spoiler Period and Spoiler Period Lengths for Forums and Discord:

• Cosmere novels - six months
  • Cosmere everything else - three months
  • Non-cosmere novels - three months 
  • Non-cosmere everything else - one month

So, the Cosmere books still in their spoiler period are:

• Secret Project 3
  • Secret Project 4
  • Preview chapters
    • SA5
    • SotD2

Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions or need clarification. If possible, please edit your post to remove or spoiler tag the reference mentioned above, and here are my thoughts on that (SA Spoilers):

Spoiler

There is certainly a difference, and while Parshmen were considered docile commodies as "slaves" (but still treated better than darkeyed slaves since they were more valuable) - Skaa are not quite the same and there are reasons for the way the Final Empire treats Skaa the way they do. You will get more on this throughout the first trilogy. (with a very epic rant to look forward to in Ch 31 of this book)

35 minutes ago, The H said:

Discussion time!

1. I have some questions: where is Reen? 
  2. Also I'm so intrigued to discover what betrayal happened to Kelsier to lead to his sentence to the Pits Of Hathsin.

These are good questions, and you will get most of these answers in this book.

Also, please try not to double-post. Just edit your post to add the new comments at the bottom if there are no new replies yet.

Edited by Treamayne
Clarity

Those are called epigraphs.

Ah, that was the word!

Also, please try not to double-post.

Yeah my mistake, I accidently posted the chapter 3 commenting in two different posts due to a keybind on my side. 😅 I combined them into the original one, but couldn't delete the second, so I edited it.

18 hours ago, Ale the Metallic Conjurer said:

Ayyyy I’m happy to see this style of thread! I’m doing the same thing with the sequel series! 🤩

Woah cool! I really look forward to reading it next, as it gives of so many good vibesss

7 hours ago, The H said:

Woah cool! I really look forward to reading it next, as it gives of so many good vibesss

I know you are already invested in the Cosmere, but be advised - Era 2 is very different from Era 1. That's why many "reading order" threads do not recommend reading them back-to-back for first time readers. If you aren't expecting a significant change in tone and structure, it can be rather jarring. I've known a few people who gave up on the Cosmere shortly after Alloy of Law was publsihed for this very reason.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 15

Vin gets taught basic rules of Allomancy which was far easier to understand to than it's explained on the Coppermind. Vin meets Marsh, who I sadly know all about already from my curiosity, and tries talking sense into Kelsier. Kelsier introduces Sazed, a Terris man with mysterious abilities.

(Spoilers for the Hero Of Ages:)

Spoiler

I already know that he can use Feruchemy and later ascends to Harmony, but I try to forget that.

Kelsier then organises a ruse after killing Lord Renoux, filling his place with an imposter who seemingly looks very close to the lord. Vin pretends to be Lady Valette, a distant relation of Renoux, and goes to Lord Venture's ball in Luthadel. Long story short she meets a boy named Elend who turns out to be Lord Straff Venture's son, who finds balls and parties tiring. Vin follows Kelsier to the Lord Ruler's palace and the two are attacked by THREE STEEL INQUISITORS?! Kelsier tries to hold them off, but Vin escapes and is gravely injured, Sazed finds her and brings her to Clubs' shop. Kelsier feels horrible for bringing Vin along and gains a larger sense of responsibility which is about time like seriously. The inquisitors seem to be after Vin though, which is interesting.

Also in the epigraphs it seems that we're following a boy who is meant to be hero, but I believe that it is meant to lead us to think that it might be written by a pre-Ascension Lord Ruler. However, Since I already have spoiled for myself the name of the Lord Ruler, I know it isn't him.

And who else thinks that Vin will be betrayed one way or another, leading her to be less trusting and contemplate how foolish she was to trust in the first place. She is one hundred percent going to go into a full blown Comsere depression,

(Spoilers for The Stormlight Archive)

Spoiler

Kaladin moment 😐 

1 hour ago, The H said:

And who else thinks that Vin will be betrayed one way or another, leading her to be less trusting and contemplate how foolish she was to trust in the first place. She is one hundred percent going to go into a full blown Comsere depression,

Interesting theory

1 hour ago, The H said:

Chapter 5 - Chapter 15

Vin meets Marsh, who I sadly know all about already from my curiosity, and tries talking sense into Kelsier. Kelsier introduces Sazed, a Terris man with mysterious abilities.

Kelsier then organises a ruse after killing Lord Renoux, filling his place with an imposter who seemingly looks very close to the lord. Vin pretends to be Lady Valette, a distant relation of Renoux, and goes to Lord Venture's ball in Luthadel. Long story short she meets a boy named Elend who turns out to be Lord Straff Venture's son, who finds balls and parties tiring. Vin follows Kelsier to the Lord Ruler's palace and the two are attacked by THREE STEEL INQUISITORS?! Kelsier tries to hold them off, but Vin escapes and is gravely injured, Sazed finds her and brings her to Clubs' shop. Kelsier feels horrible for bringing Vin along and gains a larger sense of responsibility which is about time like seriously. The inquisitors seem to be after Vin though, which is interesting.

Also in the epigraphs it seems that we're following a boy who is meant to be hero, but I believe that it is meant to lead us to think that it might be written by a pre-Ascension Lord Ruler. However, Since I already have spoiled for myself the name of the Lord Ruler, I know it isn't him.

Nice summary, lots of chapters there - were you catching up on previous progress?

Vin gets taught basic rules of Allomancy which was far easier to understand to than it's explained on the Coppermind.

Minor Spoilers(ish) as foreshadowing:

Spoiler

If it is explained so easily here, and much less simply on the Coppermind - why?

Spoiler

Perhaps they don't quite understand it all as much as they think they do. . . 

5 hours ago, Treamayne said:

Nice summary, lots of chapters there - were you catching up on previous progress?

I found that doing one chapter at a time required me to keep coming and going, so I decided to do it by how much that I read every few days.

Also the Coppermind gives it to me in one dump, while the book just slowly gives me the basics and builds upon that 😅

Chapter 15 - Chapter 25

Vin is constantly provided with pewter while her wounds heal, and therefore cannot leave the mansion to go to noble balls and parties. Kelsier then explains his story in the Pits and how he Snapped at Mare's death. Kelsier tells Vin that besides the fact that Mare might have betrayed him, he was glad that he had the time with Mare.

In Ch.18, she attends another party, but she then notices some of Elends books, openly critiquing the Final Empire. I thought that Elend was a bit more unbiased about Skaa at first, but is still noble in every other way. This scene caught my attention that perhaps he has unknown motives. We see Lady Shan Elariel, Elend's former fiancé, who Vin finds is a Soother. She seems to believe that her status as a lady of a Great House lets her boss around lesser nobles such as Vin. It doesn't seem she has any ulterior plans for controlling Vin, except getting Elend back, and furthering her reputation. I feel so stupid saying this as this is the perfect setup for a big reveal but whatever, I'll read on.

AND NOW HERE COMES THE REAL JUICY PART :DD

Kelsier creates more chaos between the Great Houses by assassinating a lord and planting his body on the Keep of his allying Great House. He then goes to a street informant to give a census of what info has been revealed of his plan. It struck with me when Kelsier addressed him as the one, the only... H O I D! :)) He is in disguise as an old Skaa man who doesn't have any importance, and I couldn't help cracking up laughing, seeing Hoid-y vibes coming off this old man.

Then Kelsier inspires the rebellion, all that stuff, etc...

Then Spook comes- and I just want to say that I absolutely love him because he is such a pure character. He tells Vin (in his very hard to understand dialect) that Dockson arrived with weaponry, and proceeds to hand Vin a handkerchief, which omgomgomgomg, we find out that he wants to seriously court her. Spook + Vin shippers anywhere?? (You all probably just ship Vin and Elend anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

We learn about Feruchemy from Sazed, (who is also an amazing character) and he tells us about how hard the Terrismen have had it over the centuries.

Later, after reading Ch.24, I find out that her life behind a noble facade has made her more confident, which I certainly like, but this is seriously going to mean she is edging close to nobility, and she might feel uncomfortable with Kelsier killing them. Ham talks about how he provides for his family alongside his own morals, rather than joining and army, He goes to a few Skaa soldiers in the garrison and asks if Vin can train with them. They respond saying that they have a tight schedule and they have found news of the Skaa rebellion.

Spook is an all time Chad, along with Sazed. Sazed gives me major NPC vibes, but I find that better. He holds so much knowledge and knows how to conduct himself. His time around Kelsier influences his humor a bit more, which is actually a good thing. All I'm asking for is a chapter from Sazed's perspective, and maybe Spook's. Also, unrelated, I feel like throughout the Cosmere, Brandon describes flatbread VERY well. Not only in Mistborn, but even in TSA.

Anyway, thoughts?

Well there we go! Mistborn #1 is done!

Chapter 25 - Chapter 38/EPL

Stuff happens and then Kelsier kills an Inquisitor, with the Lord Ruler showing up himself and then KILLING KELSIER! This scene was so memorable, but left me with a feeling of emptiness on the inside. Vin gets captured by Kar, brought to the LR, then uses the 11th Metal, Pulls on his Feruchemic bangle things, causing him to age normally again, with Vin dealing the final blow. Elend becomes king, blah blah, ooh and Marsh is a Inquisitor which is crazy!

I hadn't read any of the book since the last time I posted, with the exception of last night where I couldn't resist just completing the entire book. I read the final 13 chapters last night between 9:30 and 11:30, with the Big Bang Theory meme stuck in my head; "I don't need sleep, I need answers." Also Elend deserves to be king more than anyone else, provided he does everything right, taking away the feudal system with skaa treated as animals, et cetera...

So, my conclusions are that Sazed has a lot to do teaching and learning alongside the other Terrismen ("I think"), and Dockson, Hammond, and Breeze have skills crucial to the future roles of the empire, and Elend has to reform the whole empire. The bookn left me with more questions than answers, but I have a feeling that they will all be answered in the coming books. I can't wait to see what The Well Of Ascension will be about!

The Well Of Ascension:

Chapter 1 - Chapter 14

Alright so this is set around a year after, and Straff is back to take the Central Dominance. Turns out Elend just took over the CD, and left the other Dominances for everyone else or something. They know the political power of the CD, along with the theories of the atium cache. Vin defeats Lord Cett's assassins and a Mistborn who tried to kill her, with help from the Watcher; a mysterious Mistborn who she sees stalking the nights often. OreSuer's body was injured, and he eventually gets a wolfhounds body, which is SICK. If y'all have ever read The Medoran Chronicles, (minor spoilers):

Spoiler

The main character gets a Shadow Wolf, which has these super cool powers. OreSuer keeps reminding me of the nostalgia of that series.

Anyway, the people seem to not respect Elend as much, since he treats all more equally than the Lord Ruler, and sets up an unnecessary Assembly; an advisory parliament , which only reduces his status.

We cut to Sazed, who has been trying to spread his knowledge at a time where the people are trying to rebuild. His efforts bear fruit, but not as much as he'd hope. Marsh arrives at the town Sazed was staying at, with his personality a bit more rough. This kind of scares me, as Marsh has grown on me so much as a character. Anyway, the two go exploring an abandoned Fortress Inquisitorus Inquisitor fortress. Sazed finds an engraved slab of metal with writing from the scholar Kwaan, and his recounts and musings on the prophecies and Alendi. Sazed recounts it and the chapter ends.

And so Cett brings his army to Luthadel, with the persuasion and planning of a certain Breeze. We later find that an unknown kandra is disguising somewhere in Elend's vicinity. A Terriswoman Keeper tells Elend that he has a chance to be a great ruler, and she is willing to teach him the biographies of great kings for him to learn from.

This book started off a bit confusing, but I like it so far. Also Spook is no longer as shy and reserved ever since he learned to communicate with more people by learning the common dialect. It's kind of sad, because this Spook is like a new character. maybe the eventual perspective chapter @Treamayne was telling me about could help me like him better.

Also, so far, who is the character the community hates the most in the series? I like seeing this as it brings up some hilarious debates like: (Spoilers for Oathbringer)

Spoiler

Moash

And (Spoilers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay)

Spoiler

Gale

2 hours ago, Ookla The H said:

Also, so far, who is the character the community hates the most in the series?

In Well of Acension specifically, it'll probably be Watcher (whom you will get a real name for soon). Minor Spoilers

Spoiler

Zane - More Spoilers don't read until you finish WoA or HoA (as noted)

Spoiler

Some had issues with many Unanswered questions, others with his reationship with Straff or the whole love-triangle subplot (which was not done very well), and more with some of the climax of Zane's story-arc

Threads can be found:

If you are asking about Era 1 - probably Straff Venture. He's not meant to be liked - but many Sanderson Villains are "good" villains - Straff doesn't even have that distinction, he's just a monster who <Spoilers>

Spoiler

Gets the Karma he deserves, but much later than he deserved it. Sanderson's Take:

Brandon Sanderson

Straff is generally everyone's least favorite character–though that's kind of what I expected. He's not insane; he’s just a terrible person. Those do, unfortunately, exist–given his power and upbringing, he’s not all that surprising in his bullyness.

The Well of Ascension Annotations (Jan. 5, 2008)

(Spoilers for Oathbringer)

Spoiler

Moash

Not nearly as contentious as that one.

(Spoilers for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay)

Spoiler

Gale

Well, that character was a problem from Book 1 on - not just Book 3. Moreso in the movie adaptations.

I have something to admit... I broke my ten chapter rhythm and finished the book. 😅

Chapter 14 - Chapter 59/EPL

I can't... too much to recap...

Look, after Tindwyl's death, Sazed becomes depressed and this side of him is interesting, but scary. And Elend is casually a MISTBORN WHATTTT. Honestly the ending after Straff's death felt a little rushed, but I felt that I wouldn't wnt it any other way. Also OreSeur's death and TenSoon being the imposter was so sus. There is so much to talk about, but the first thing I did was just lay on the floor and  B R E A T H E.

Then I immediately started the Hero Of Ages.

Edited by Ookla The H
Puntuation

Chapter 1 - Chapter 9

Elend is comfortable with emotional Allomancy, but It's strange that he has had a year as a Mistborn, and is still average at physical Allomancy. The two defend a city from Koloss, and find one of Rashek's caches.

Sazed has lost faith in the religions he preaches since Tindwyl's death, and in this chapter, is sent as an ambassador along with Breeze.

Also, I don't think I'll be posting here for around a week or so, considering that I started A Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes yesterday. (Some of my friends asked me if I wanted to see it, and I accepted, so now I have no choice but to read it before we watch it 😬)

56 minutes ago, Ookla The H said:

but It's strange that he has had a year as a Mistborn, and is still average at physical Allomancy.

Why is that strange? Please don;t forget, Vin is exceptionally good - Elend is strong but average. Even Kelsier had a problem with 8 Hazekillers in TFE Ch 5. 

He was a scholar before becoming Mistborn, I would not expect him to become "a fighter" with less than 1/3d the training time Kelsier had, even if Vin was able to do so. 

Also, I don't think I'll be posting here for around a week or so, considering that I started A Ballad Of Songbirds And Snakes yesterday. (Some of my friends asked me if I wanted to see it, and I accepted, so now I have no choice but to read it before we watch it 😬)

No worries, but if it follows the pattern of the other Hunger Games films, it'll only have about 20% content in common (not that that is a bad thing, necessarily - the movies for the original trilogy did a great job of adding material to change the story from first-person to third-person).