Stick's Poetry and/or Writing and/or artwork (sometimes)

Just-A-Stick

4 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

Y'all mind if I post a school writing assignment?

No?

Cool!

We had to do a "photo story"

We were handed a sheet of paper with 5 photos on it and had to choose one as the theme of the story!

I'll post the story and at the bottom will be the picture I chose!

Enjoy! :D 

Hide contents

TW: Divorce

Hide contents

April 17, 2024

The Chasm Between

The girl walked slowly along the sidewalk, hood up, headphones on, trying to block out the yelling. She could still hear it, though she knew it was only her imagination. She would hear it again tonight. And the night after. It was normal now, and yet… it still bothered her. It shouldn’t. She was just weaker than everyone else.

A single tear rolled down her cheek and hit the pavement below with a silent splash, but the girl ignored it. It was time for school anyway, and everyone was used to seeing her cry.

She got to school and walked down the hallway, ignoring the whispers and stares. The girl got to her locker, took off her headphones, and walked, head down, to her first class. 

The mother stood at the kitchen sink, up to her wrists in dishwater as she cleaned the breakfast plates. He had left for work already, her husband, the one she had once loved. How would she tell the girl, the only light in her world, that she would have to choose…

The mother shook her head, clearing the thoughts away to worry about later. She had a meeting with the lawyer soon and had to get ready first. She finished the dishes, left them to dry beside the sink, and walked into the bedroom to change. 

The mother walked out the front door, locked it behind her, got in her car, and drove away, leaving the silent sentinel of a house behind.

The father sat at his desk in the lonely office, head in his hands, eyes staring blankly at the page before him. All it needed was his signature. One scribble on a line and everything would change. The father knew he had work to do, that he should… something caught the corner of his eye and he looked up to see the girl’s kindergarten picture sitting beside his computer monitor. He grabbed it and stuffed the picture, frame, and all, under a pile of papers in his bottom desk drawer. There was no need to make this any harder than it had to be. 

The father shook his head and returned to his computer, opening the next email that needed his attention and returning to work. He’d sign it later… later when it wasn’t so hard. 

The girl walked up the front steps of her house, opening the door and shutting it quietly behind her. She let her backpack slide to the floor with a soft thud and nudged it into the corner with one foot. She looked around the silent house before creeping up the stairs and into her room. The girl shut her bedroom door, leaned her back against it, and slid to the floor, burying her face in her arms. She gave up holding the tears in, but made sure she sobbed quietly enough that those who might be downstairs wouldn’t be able to hear. 

She entered the house, hung her purse on its hook, entered the kitchen, and sat at the table. Her mind felt… numb. Am I really doing this? Isn’t there another way? The mother didn’t know, she was just trying to escape. She simply couldn’t live in a home with the man she had once loved. He had changed… he wasn’t the same person he was in the beginning. The man he was now was harsh and bitter, always working, always doing something. She never felt the fire that there had once been between them. No, that was of the past. This decision… was for everyone’s good, right? She would be free. The girl… the girl would understand- she would learn to understand.

The mother stood, crossed the small kitchen, and opened the refrigerator. There was food, at least. That was a small blessing. She wouldn’t have to go shopping. She added ingredients to her mixing bowl, making a casserole they could all eat that evening. When she finished mixing everything, the mother poured it into a baking dish slid it into the hot oven, and shut the door. There was still time for her to shower before dinner. She went upstairs to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. 

The father walked into the house, went into the small office at the back of the house, and set his laptop bag on his desk. He took the paper out of his bag and walked into the kitchen, fists clenched. 

His wife… former wife? Was standing by the stove, taking dinner out of the oven. He slapped the page down on the table loudly. She jumped and turned around, startled. “It’s signed.” He said flatly, face expressionless and eyes angry. She blinked and glanced at the paper, not saying anything. The father felt a sudden dark anger rise in him. “Are you happy now?!” He roared, slamming his open hand against the tabletop. The mother flinched visibly, her shaking hands clutching the front of her shirt. “You wonder why I want to leave you?” She spat at him, voice shaky and eyes filling with tears.

He couldn’t stand to see her cry. Not now… when everything was so fragile. The father shook his head and stalked angrily out of the room, slamming the door to his office behind him. 

She could hear her father in the kitchen. The girl heard him yell. Why aren’t the walls thicker? She wondered, listening to her mother’s tearful reply. She wrapped her arms around her knees, holding them tightly, eyes shut tight. 

The girl tried to imagine a better life, a better time when there wasn’t so much fighting and shouting. There weren't so many tears, so much hiding, so much fear. 

It would be dinner time soon, but the girl wasn't hungry. She didn’t want to sit through the uncomfortable silence and pretend they were a normal family. She didn’t want anyone to ask her how her day had been, to try and make small talk with all the issues looming over all their heads. 

The girl didn’t even know what she wanted anymore. Nothing felt safe, nothing felt normal. 

She felt like she was trying to build a bridge, one between the rift forming, her parents on separate sides. She could picture it in her mind. The dark water rushed below. She was trying her best not to fall into that water, but it was getting harder. What awaited below, she had no idea, just that it wasn’t the place she wanted to end up. 

She shook her head, clearing the dark image from her mind. She heard her mother call her for dinner and sighed before standing, opening her door, and creeping down the stairs. 

The mother had calmed down and no longer looked like she had been crying. She set the table and called the father and her daughter to dinner. 

“How was your day?” She asked the girl, pasting on a false smile. “Fine.” Was the only reply given. The mother nodded encouragingly, eating her meal, though it had no flavor to her. 

The girl didn’t say anything more, she only prodded the food with her fork but didn’t eat. The mother sighed and set down her fork. “Sweetheart… your… father and I wanted to tell you something.” The girl stared down at the table silently, head bowed. “We… We decided that we are going to separate. We’re getting a divorce.”

He sat at the table with them, but he didn’t feel like he belonged. The father felt like he was already gone. Already forgotten. “We… We decided that we are going to separate. We’re getting a divorce.” The woman said softly but firmly. No going back now. Should he say something? “It’s the best for everyone.” He finally said, breaking the heavy silence.

He watched as the girl nodded once, stood up, and left the room. 

Divorce. The word echoed in her ears. We’re getting a divorce. It’s the best for everyone. The girl flopped onto her bed, burying under her blankets and pulling them over her head.

It’s happening. The bridge- her bridge- was gone now. Swallowed by the dark water. She would have to go with her mother. The chasm was complete. Things would never be the same. Her father was the whole way across the divide, her and her mother on this side.

And yet she thought, the water hasn’t swallowed me yet. The girl wished she could cry, show some emotion at least, but the tears didn’t come. She felt numb, not sad. I guess this is normal now.

It was done. The girl knew. This is best. I deserve better than this man. 

The mother wrote the girl a letter, explaining the details of everything. The girl would stay with her. She at least was safe. Divorce. The word turned over in her mind, but she felt no regret. It was the best thing for all of them, in the end. 

She left the letter on the table, where the girl would find it. Everything would be okay now.

The father packed his belongings, loading them into his car silently. There was no point in fighting this. The decision was made and there was no going back from the legal agreement. He wasn’t good enough for this family anyway. Maybe he could find a new wife? He was sad to leave his daughter the most. She, at least, had loved him. He would see her during the summers, that was one small mercy. 

So there you go!

Today we had to grade our own stories and I gave myself 15/33.

Here's the picture

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_4903.jpg.795ed0116fb1c68562583b90c19ac6d0.jpg

That's all, thanks for reading!

~ Stick ❤️ 

You absolutely deserve better than the score you gave yourself, that was a wonderfully sad story.

Arts!

Spoiler

IMG_4989.thumb.jpg.cf0bd8b1ba011097967df2c8443351cb.jpg

Ta-da!

and while I'm here,

Writes!

Spoiler

Pain

It hurts.
I feel like my heart
Was torn out of my chest.
Was twisted and squeezed,
Bruised and cut.

It wasn’t returned to me either.
I think I’m dying.

I didn’t know anything
Could hurt this bad.

The tears, as many as there are
Are still inadequate to
Capture this anguish.

It hurts.
It’s like no other pain
I’ve ever felt.

I can’t move under the weight
Of my sorrow.
I can’t breathe.
Do I even want to?

I can do nothing
But lie here
In the dark,
Alone.

Staring up at my ceiling,
Sobbing the battered
Remains of my
Heart out.

I’m dying.
I can feel the life
Ebbing away from my
Cold, shaking body.

The breath in my lungs
Rattles back and forth.

I am dying.
I can’t survive this.
It hurts to much.

Pain.
Can’t anymore.
Dying.

~ Stick 4-22-24

~ Stick

On 4/18/2024 at 7:15 PM, Anguished_One said:

No?

Cool!

We were handed a sheet of paper with 5 photos on it and had to choose one as the theme of the story!

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

April 17, 2024

The Chasm Between

The girl walked slowly along the sidewalk, hood up, headphones on, trying to block out the yelling. She could still hear it, though she knew it was only her imagination. She would hear it again tonight. And the night after. It was normal now, and yet… it still bothered her. It shouldn’t. She was just weaker than everyone else.

A single tear rolled down her cheek and hit the pavement below with a silent splash, but the girl ignored it. It was time for school anyway, and everyone was used to seeing her cry.

She got to school and walked down the hallway, ignoring the whispers and stares. The girl got to her locker, took off her headphones, and walked, head down, to her first class. 

The mother stood at the kitchen sink, up to her wrists in dishwater as she cleaned the breakfast plates. He had left for work already, her husband, the one she had once loved. How would she tell the girl, the only light in her world, that she would have to choose…

The mother shook her head, clearing the thoughts away to worry about later. She had a meeting with the lawyer soon and had to get ready first. She finished the dishes, left them to dry beside the sink, and walked into the bedroom to change. 

The mother walked out the front door, locked it behind her, got in her car, and drove away, leaving the silent sentinel of a house behind.

The father sat at his desk in the lonely office, head in his hands, eyes staring blankly at the page before him. All it needed was his signature. One scribble on a line and everything would change. The father knew he had work to do, that he should… something caught the corner of his eye and he looked up to see the girl’s kindergarten picture sitting beside his computer monitor. He grabbed it and stuffed the picture, frame, and all, under a pile of papers in his bottom desk drawer. There was no need to make this any harder than it had to be. 

The father shook his head and returned to his computer, opening the next email that needed his attention and returning to work. He’d sign it later… later when it wasn’t so hard. 

The girl walked up the front steps of her house, opening the door and shutting it quietly behind her. She let her backpack slide to the floor with a soft thud and nudged it into the corner with one foot. She looked around the silent house before creeping up the stairs and into her room. The girl shut her bedroom door, leaned her back against it, and slid to the floor, burying her face in her arms. She gave up holding the tears in, but made sure she sobbed quietly enough that those who might be downstairs wouldn’t be able to hear. 

She entered the house, hung her purse on its hook, entered the kitchen, and sat at the table. Her mind felt… numb. Am I really doing this? Isn’t there another way? The mother didn’t know, she was just trying to escape. She simply couldn’t live in a home with the man she had once loved. He had changed… he wasn’t the same person he was in the beginning. The man he was now was harsh and bitter, always working, always doing something. She never felt the fire that there had once been between them. No, that was of the past. This decision… was for everyone’s good, right? She would be free. The girl… the girl would understand- she would learn to understand.

The mother stood, crossed the small kitchen, and opened the refrigerator. There was food, at least. That was a small blessing. She wouldn’t have to go shopping. She added ingredients to her mixing bowl, making a casserole they could all eat that evening. When she finished mixing everything, the mother poured it into a baking dish slid it into the hot oven, and shut the door. There was still time for her to shower before dinner. She went upstairs to her bedroom and closed the door behind her. 

The father walked into the house, went into the small office at the back of the house, and set his laptop bag on his desk. He took the paper out of his bag and walked into the kitchen, fists clenched. 

His wife… former wife? Was standing by the stove, taking dinner out of the oven. He slapped the page down on the table loudly. She jumped and turned around, startled. “It’s signed.” He said flatly, face expressionless and eyes angry. She blinked and glanced at the paper, not saying anything. The father felt a sudden dark anger rise in him. “Are you happy now?!” He roared, slamming his open hand against the tabletop. The mother flinched visibly, her shaking hands clutching the front of her shirt. “You wonder why I want to leave you?” She spat at him, voice shaky and eyes filling with tears.

He couldn’t stand to see her cry. Not now… when everything was so fragile. The father shook his head and stalked angrily out of the room, slamming the door to his office behind him. 

She could hear her father in the kitchen. The girl heard him yell. Why aren’t the walls thicker? She wondered, listening to her mother’s tearful reply. She wrapped her arms around her knees, holding them tightly, eyes shut tight. 

The girl tried to imagine a better life, a better time when there wasn’t so much fighting and shouting. There weren't so many tears, so much hiding, so much fear. 

It would be dinner time soon, but the girl wasn't hungry. She didn’t want to sit through the uncomfortable silence and pretend they were a normal family. She didn’t want anyone to ask her how her day had been, to try and make small talk with all the issues looming over all their heads. 

The girl didn’t even know what she wanted anymore. Nothing felt safe, nothing felt normal. 

She felt like she was trying to build a bridge, one between the rift forming, her parents on separate sides. She could picture it in her mind. The dark water rushed below. She was trying her best not to fall into that water, but it was getting harder. What awaited below, she had no idea, just that it wasn’t the place she wanted to end up. 

She shook her head, clearing the dark image from her mind. She heard her mother call her for dinner and sighed before standing, opening her door, and creeping down the stairs. 

The mother had calmed down and no longer looked like she had been crying. She set the table and called the father and her daughter to dinner. 

“How was your day?” She asked the girl, pasting on a false smile. “Fine.” Was the only reply given. The mother nodded encouragingly, eating her meal, though it had no flavor to her. 

The girl didn’t say anything more, she only prodded the food with her fork but didn’t eat. The mother sighed and set down her fork. “Sweetheart… your… father and I wanted to tell you something.” The girl stared down at the table silently, head bowed. “We… We decided that we are going to separate. We’re getting a divorce.”

He sat at the table with them, but he didn’t feel like he belonged. The father felt like he was already gone. Already forgotten. “We… We decided that we are going to separate. We’re getting a divorce.” The woman said softly but firmly. No going back now. Should he say something? “It’s the best for everyone.” He finally said, breaking the heavy silence.

Divorce. The word echoed in her ears. We’re getting a divorce. It’s the best for everyone. The girl flopped onto her bed, burying under her blankets and pulling them over her head.

It’s happening. The bridge- her bridge- was gone now. Swallowed by the dark water. She would have to go with her mother. The chasm was complete. Things would never be the same. Her father was the whole way across the divide, her and her mother on this side.

And yet she thought, the water hasn’t swallowed me yet. The girl wished she could cry, show some emotion at least, but the tears didn’t come. She felt numb, not sad. I guess this is normal now.

The mother wrote the girl a letter, explaining the details of everything. The girl would stay with her. She at least was safe. Divorce. The word turned over in her mind, but she felt no regret. It was the best thing for all of them, in the end. 

She left the letter on the table, where the girl would find it. Everything would be okay now.

The father packed his belongings, loading them into his car silently. There was no point in fighting this. The decision was made and there was no going back from the legal agreement. He wasn’t good enough for this family anyway. Maybe he could find a new wife? He was sad to leave his daughter the most. She, at least, had loved him. He would see her during the summers, that was one small mercy. 

So there you go!

Here's the picture

Reveal hidden contents

~ Stick ❤️ 

*Takes happy face and stretches my lips down to a frown, scrunching my eyes mock-angrily*

Stick… That’s a lot more than a 15/33, I’d give it a 30/33 (for sadness and a few other things)

1 hour ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

*Takes happy face and stretches my lips down to a frown, scrunching my eyes mock-angrily*

Stick… That’s a lot more than a 15/33, I’d give it a 30/33 (for sadness and a few other things)

Aww, thank you! 

Writes things happened.

Spoiler

Exploring

“Let’s go exploring!”
They say, grabbing your hand
And dragging you along.
“Okay?” You- we are confused.
Why do we need to explore?
Oh right.
To find the problems.

“Tell me everything.” They say.
We can’t refuse them, so we start
Talking.
We talk
And
Talk,
Using up
Our words,
Sapping away
Our energy,
Emotions and
Everything
Else.

“Deeper! Dig deeper! We are
Exploring.”
Can we go much deeper
Before our tunnel
Collapses?
I guess we are going to
Find out,
Aren’t we.
Explore every
Lie,
Every doubt,
Every dank
Dark
Corner
Of this place.
We’ll see how soon
The tunnel
Collapses, shutting
Everyone
And everything
Out.
Then there would be
No more exploring.
No more digging,
No more pain.

“Tell me about this part?”
We don’t want to talk
About that.
But we do.
We open our mouth and
Use more
Useless
Words.

Useless words that
Hold nothing for us
Anymore.
We still write, yes.
But do they mean anything?
Full of words,
Exploring through words.

Going deeper through words.
Explaining what
Nobody else can
Ever understand
Through
Words.

They seem so empty,
So
Inadequate.

Fragile and
Fickle,
Slippery,
Hard to
Straighten
Into a line
That they
Will understand.

If they don’t understand,
Then they- we, I guess-
Need to explore deeper.
Closer to collapse.

We are so tired.

“Let’s explore more!”
So we do.

Stuck exploring what
Should have been
Left alone.

~ Stick 4-23-24

On 4/19/2024 at 8:15 AM, Anguished_One said:

No?

Cool!

Hide contents

Hide contents

April 17, 2024

The Chasm Between

So there you go!

Here's the picture

Hide contents

~ Stick ❤️ 

wow! i love it! in a way...

9 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

Arts!

Hide contents

IMG_4989.thumb.jpg.cf0bd8b1ba011097967df2c8443351cb.jpg

Ta-da!

and while I'm here,

Writes!

Hide contents

Pain

It hurts.
I feel like my heart
Was torn out of my chest.
Was twisted and squeezed,
Bruised and cut.

It wasn’t returned to me either.
I think I’m dying.

I didn’t know anything
Could hurt this bad.

The tears, as many as there are
Are still inadequate to
Capture this anguish.

It hurts.
It’s like no other pain
I’ve ever felt.

I can’t move under the weight
Of my sorrow.
I can’t breathe.
Do I even want to?

I can do nothing
But lie here
In the dark,
Alone.

Staring up at my ceiling,
Sobbing the battered
Remains of my
Heart out.

I’m dying.
I can feel the life
Ebbing away from my
Cold, shaking body.

The breath in my lungs
Rattles back and forth.

I am dying.
I can’t survive this.
It hurts to much.

Pain.
Can’t anymore.
Dying.

~ Stick 4-22-24

~ Stick

the art look amazing!

6 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

Writes things happened.

Hide contents

Exploring

“Let’s go exploring!”
They say, grabbing your hand
And dragging you along.
“Okay?” You- we are confused.
Why do we need to explore?
Oh right.
To find the problems.

“Tell me everything.” They say.
We can’t refuse them, so we start
Talking.
We talk
And
Talk,
Using up
Our words,
Sapping away
Our energy,
Emotions and
Everything
Else.

“Deeper! Dig deeper! We are
Exploring.”
Can we go much deeper
Before our tunnel
Collapses?
I guess we are going to
Find out,
Aren’t we.
Explore every
Lie,
Every doubt,
Every dank
Dark
Corner
Of this place.
We’ll see how soon
The tunnel
Collapses, shutting
Everyone
And everything
Out.
Then there would be
No more exploring.
No more digging,
No more pain.

“Tell me about this part?”
We don’t want to talk
About that.
But we do.
We open our mouth and
Use more
Useless
Words.

Useless words that
Hold nothing for us
Anymore.
We still write, yes.
But do they mean anything?
Full of words,
Exploring through words.

Going deeper through words.
Explaining what
Nobody else can
Ever understand
Through
Words.

They seem so empty,
So
Inadequate.

Fragile and
Fickle,
Slippery,
Hard to
Straighten
Into a line
That they
Will understand.

If they don’t understand,
Then they- we, I guess-
Need to explore deeper.
Closer to collapse.

We are so tired.

“Let’s explore more!”
So we do.

Stuck exploring what
Should have been
Left alone.

~ Stick 4-23-24

that is good.

Sorry for the double post.

Poem!

(because you do apparently have to suffer to write.)

Spoiler

Flowers in Fire

Little
Purple
Flowers.

Violets.
Fresh,
Innocent,
Beautiful and
Harmless.

Pluck them
Out of
The
Dirt from
Whence they
Grew.

Arrange them,
Add leaves,
Texture,
Grasses.

Behold your
Creation; beautiful,
Nearly
Perfect.

Adjust it
Slightly,
A tiny leaf
Here,
Another flower
There.

Let the sun
Catch it
And play through
The foliage.

Take a tiny
Step back.
Admire.

Show off,
Receive compliments,
Feel happy.

Feelings fade,
Feel empty.
Look down…

You thought it
Was beautiful.
But it now
Seems to
Perfect for you.

You grasp them
Tightly,
Crushing the
Tender young
Stems.
You don’t care
Anymore.

You are angry,
But don’t know why.
They are just flowers.
And yet…

You take your
Masterful,
Tiny
Bouquet,
And lay it gently
Into the
Pile of burning
Wood.

You watch the
Smoke rise,
The flame
Stroke the
Edges.
Watch the tiny
Leaves and
Flowers
Shrivel.
Turn black
And
Die.

Dead in the ashes.

Such is the
Result
Of flowers
In fire.

~ Stick 4-24-24

@Edema Rue had something really profound to add to this. Eddie, dear, will you kindly repeat what you sent me? 

33 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

Sorry for the double post.

Poem!

(because you do apparently have to suffer to write.)

Reveal hidden contents

Flowers in Fire

Little
Purple
Flowers.

Violets.
Fresh,
Innocent,
Beautiful and
Harmless.

Pluck them
Out of
The
Dirt from
Whence they
Grew.

Arrange them,
Add leaves,
Texture,
Grasses.

Behold your
Creation; beautiful,
Nearly
Perfect.

Adjust it
Slightly,
A tiny leaf
Here,
Another flower
There.

Let the sun
Catch it
And play through
The foliage.

Take a tiny
Step back.
Admire.

Show off,
Receive compliments,
Feel happy.

Feelings fade,
Feel empty.
Look down…

You thought it
Was beautiful.
But it now
Seems to
Perfect for you.

You grasp them
Tightly,
Crushing the
Tender young
Stems.
You don’t care
Anymore.

You are angry,
But don’t know why.
They are just flowers.
And yet…

You take your
Masterful,
Tiny
Bouquet,
And lay it gently
Into the
Pile of burning
Wood.

You watch the
Smoke rise,
The flame
Stroke the
Edges.
Watch the tiny
Leaves and
Flowers
Shrivel.
Turn black
And
Die.

Dead in the ashes.

Such is the
Result
Of flowers
In fire.

~ Stick 4-24-24

@Edema Rue had something really profound to add to this. Eddie, dear, will you kindly repeat what you sent me? 

<333

Spoiler

The flowers
Are burnt
Shriveled
Dead
But not gone

Seeds
Pop in the fire
And memories
Of all
That they were

Little
Purple violets
Beautiful
Despite
Being dead

Little
Hopeful flowers
Will someday grow
From the ashes

Just trying to add a little hope wherever I can. Love you, dear Sticky ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

<333

Reveal hidden contents

The flowers
Are burnt
Shriveled
Dead
But not gone

Seeds
Pop in the fire
And memories
Of all
That they were

Little
Purple violets
Beautiful
Despite
Being dead

Little
Hopeful flowers
Will someday grow
From the ashes

Just trying to add a little hope wherever I can. Love you, dear Sticky ❤️‍🩹❤️‍🩹❤️

Love you toooo ❤️ 

Thank you ❤️ 

2 more poems!

Spoiler

Outside Looking In

Standing there
Looking through
The glass
At the happy gathering
On the other
Side

Wondering
Hoping
That one
Day
We’ll be
Let in

We’re so tired
Of being on the
Outside

We aren’t allowed
To play their games
To ask the questions
To be like them

We are on the
Outside

We can see
But we can never
Be apart

That isn’t who we are
We aren’t included
We don’t belong

It’s just us
Me and you
Alone in our
Head

Unable to escape
Unable to join in
Unwilling to stop
Trying to fit

Sometimes
We catch a
Glimpse
Of the inside
A tiny snippet
Of their world
Of who they are

Sometimes

But then
We are too weird
To messed up
The outcast
Once more

Stuck inside
Talking to each other
But nobody
Wants to be friends
With the girl
Who talks to
Herself

She belongs on the outside
We are on the outside
Just trying
To be
Let in

~ Stick 4-25-24
Spoiler

Head Down

Look at the floor.
Become invisible.
Observe only
The ground beneath
You.

They don’t
Want you staring.

They don’t
Want to see
You.

You need to
Fix your eyes
On the dust
From whence
You came.

After all,
It’s where you
Belong.

Don’t look up,
Don’t ask questions,
Become the one
Who can be
Ignored.

They don’t want
You here.

Keep
Looking down.
Down is safer.
Down is where
You won’t get
Hurt.

Where you won’t get
Yelled at.

Where you’re
Safest.

Just look
Down.

Bow your head
Pretend to be
Busy.
Pretend you
Are too
Lowly to
Look upon
The faces of
Others.

Avoid their eyes.
Look at their shoes.
Look at your shoes.
Head down.

Always head
Down.

~ Stick 4-25-24

There ya go :) 

26 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

2 more poems!

Hide contents

Outside Looking In

Standing there
Looking through
The glass
At the happy gathering
On the other
Side

Wondering
Hoping
That one
Day
We’ll be
Let in

We’re so tired
Of being on the
Outside

We aren’t allowed
To play their games
To ask the questions
To be like them

We are on the
Outside

We can see
But we can never
Be apart

That isn’t who we are
We aren’t included
We don’t belong

It’s just us
Me and you
Alone in our
Head

Unable to escape
Unable to join in
Unwilling to stop
Trying to fit

Sometimes
We catch a
Glimpse
Of the inside
A tiny snippet
Of their world
Of who they are

Sometimes

But then
We are too weird
To messed up
The outcast
Once more

Stuck inside
Talking to each other
But nobody
Wants to be friends
With the girl
Who talks to
Herself

We are on the outside
Just trying
To be
Let in

~ Stick 4-25-24
  Hide contents

Head Down

Look at the floor.
Become invisible.
Observe only
The ground beneath
You.

They don’t
Want you staring.

They don’t
Want to see
You.

You need to
Fix your eyes
On the dust
From whence
You came.

After all,
It’s where you
Belong.

Don’t look up,
Don’t ask questions,
Become the one
Who can be
Ignored.

They don’t want
You here.

Keep
Looking down.
Down is safer.
Down is where
You won’t get
Hurt.

Where you won’t get
Yelled at.

Where you’re
Safest.

Just look
Down.

Bow your head
Pretend to be
Busy.
Pretend you
Are too
Lowly to
Look upon
The faces of
Others.

Avoid their eyes.
Look at their shoes.
Look at your shoes.
Head down.

Always head
Down.

~ Stick 4-25-24

That... *Massive hug* 

1 hour ago, Anguished_One said:

2 more poems!

Reveal hidden contents

Outside Looking In

Standing there
Looking through
The glass
At the happy gathering
On the other
Side

Wondering
Hoping
That one
Day
We’ll be
Let in

We’re so tired
Of being on the
Outside

We aren’t allowed
To play their games
To ask the questions
To be like them

We are on the
Outside

We can see
But we can never
Be apart

That isn’t who we are
We aren’t included
We don’t belong

It’s just us
Me and you
Alone in our
Head

Unable to escape
Unable to join in
Unwilling to stop
Trying to fit

Sometimes
We catch a
Glimpse
Of the inside
A tiny snippet
Of their world
Of who they are

Sometimes

But then
We are too weird
To messed up
The outcast
Once more

Stuck inside
Talking to each other
But nobody
Wants to be friends
With the girl
Who talks to
Herself

We are on the outside
Just trying
To be
Let in

~ Stick 4-25-24
  Reveal hidden contents

Head Down

Look at the floor.
Become invisible.
Observe only
The ground beneath
You.

They don’t
Want you staring.

They don’t
Want to see
You.

You need to
Fix your eyes
On the dust
From whence
You came.

After all,
It’s where you
Belong.

Don’t look up,
Don’t ask questions,
Become the one
Who can be
Ignored.

They don’t want
You here.

Keep
Looking down.
Down is safer.
Down is where
You won’t get
Hurt.

Where you won’t get
Yelled at.

Where you’re
Safest.

Just look
Down.

Bow your head
Pretend to be
Busy.
Pretend you
Are too
Lowly to
Look upon
The faces of
Others.

Avoid their eyes.
Look at their shoes.
Look at your shoes.
Head down.

Always head
Down.

~ Stick 4-25-24

❤️

*sigh* I wish I could give you a hug for real.

13 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

❤️

14 hours ago, Anguished_One said:

2 more poems!

Reveal hidden contents

Outside Looking In

Standing there
Looking through
The glass
At the happy gathering
On the other
Side

Wondering
Hoping
That one
Day
We’ll be
Let in

We’re so tired
Of being on the
Outside

We aren’t allowed
To play their games
To ask the questions
To be like them

We are on the
Outside

We can see
But we can never
Be apart

That isn’t who we are
We aren’t included
We don’t belong

It’s just us
Me and you
Alone in our
Head

Unable to escape
Unable to join in
Unwilling to stop
Trying to fit

Sometimes
We catch a
Glimpse
Of the inside
A tiny snippet
Of their world
Of who they are

Sometimes

But then
We are too weird
To messed up
The outcast
Once more

Stuck inside
Talking to each other
But nobody
Wants to be friends
With the girl
Who talks to
Herself

We are on the outside
Just trying
To be
Let in

~ Stick 4-25-24
  Reveal hidden contents

Head Down

Look at the floor.
Become invisible.
Observe only
The ground beneath
You.

They don’t
Want you staring.

They don’t
Want to see
You.

You need to
Fix your eyes
On the dust
From whence
You came.

After all,
It’s where you
Belong.

Don’t look up,
Don’t ask questions,
Become the one
Who can be
Ignored.

They don’t want
You here.

Keep
Looking down.
Down is safer.
Down is where
You won’t get
Hurt.

Where you won’t get
Yelled at.

Where you’re
Safest.

Just look
Down.

Bow your head
Pretend to be
Busy.
Pretend you
Are too
Lowly to
Look upon
The faces of
Others.

Avoid their eyes.
Look at their shoes.
Look at your shoes.
Head down.

Always head
Down.

~ Stick 4-25-24

Wait…. “Looking Through the Glass” hmmmmm… seems inspired by our good friend @Through The Living Glass.

They’re beautiful poems @Anguished_One!

*brotherly hugs*

20 hours ago, Through The Living Glass said:

❤️

6 hours ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Wait…. “Looking Through the Glass” hmmmmm… seems inspired by our good friend @Through The Living Glass.

They’re beautiful poems @Anguished_One!

*brotherly hugs*

*hugs*

thank you

Poem!

Spoiler

Little Sisters

Running, jumping,
Screaming

Makeup and dress up,
Stuffed animals and
Henna,