Cytoverse Hunger Games

SmilingPanda19

Merp  

31 members have voted

1. 1. What should Merps full name be?

• Merp Durp
    • Merp Ferp
    • Merp Ferp Durp the 3rd

Twigs death. Sorry it's long, I needed backstory too. I spoilered it for the length.

Spoiler

Twig was about to die.

She didn’t know what she expected it to feel like. Would it be painful? Or perhaps it would be over too quickly for her to even feel anything. Would she cease to exist? Would she simply fade away, eventually forgotten by all? But… What about her family?

---------------------------

Alera was seven again.

She was sitting in her house, playing with a model starship. Her mother was in the kitchen, preparing dinner, and her older brother, Leo, was outside washing the windows. Her father worked in the lower caverns as an engineer— he wouldn’t get back until after bedtime.

“Alera, can you go get Leo?” Her mother asked. “It’s almost time for dinner.”

“Okay,” Alera said, jumping up. She brought her starfighter with her outside. “Mom says dinnertime,” she told her brother.

Leo paused his cleaning of the windows. “All right, Twig, tell her I’ll be there in a second.”

“Don’t call me Twig!” Alera complained.

“But you are one! Look how skinny you are!” Leo said. He crouched down to be eye-level with Alera. “But that’s good. Small people are underestimated.”

Leo touched Alera’s starfighter. “When you become a pilot, people will make fun of you. They’ll say you are too small to be a pilot. But then you’ll show them that even small people are big inside, and they’ll never make fun of you again. Do you remember when I told you about callsign Mouse? She was one of the best pilots to ever fly.”

Alera nodded, and her eyes grew wide with wonder at her brother’s wisdom.

“You can do anything you set your mind to, no matter how small you are. Twig.” Leo stood up and started to walk inside. “Now, how about that dinner, eh?”

--------------------------------

Suddenly, she was eight.

Her father was working in the deep caverns again, and her brother and mother were outside. Alera was sitting on the couch, when a massive BOOM! shook the cavern.

Bombs.

Her mom and Leo ran inside.

“Alera, stay here,” her mother said. “We’re going to go help the cavern that got hit. You stay in the house and wait for us to get home, okay?”

Alera nodded, scared.

Leo picked up Alera’s toy starfighter and handed it to her. “Be brave, Twig,” he said. He and her mom ran to help the cavern that got hit.

A while later, Alera heard more bombs. She stayed up late, waiting for her family to return.

Her father was the only one who ever returned. He found her, sitting on the floor, staring at her toy starfighter. He asked where everyone else was. Alera told him that they went to help the first caverns that got hit. And then she’d heard more bombs from the same direction.

They were gone forever.

She wept that night.

-----------------------------

As she died, Twig remembered a song her mother had once sung to her.

I am a wanderin’ wayfaring stranger.

Twig had no purpose in life.

I’m here in this land,

She was lost.

Of hardship and danger.

So much danger...

But where I go,

Twig was dying.

There is no sadness.

Could she rest?

There is no toil, nor sickness, either.

There is a place where there are no trials.

I’m wanderin’ to,

She was so tired...

That promised land.

Could Twig see her family again?

I’ll leave this place,

Twig was about to die.

No more to wayfare.

She wouldn't be lost anymore.

I’ll leave this place,

She would be found.

To never wander.

She could see it.

I’ll find my home,

She could see home.

And see my family,

She could see her family standing there. Her brother, her mother, the grandparents she had never known. Her father would be along later.

Evermore.

She could finally rest.

And Twig was torn apart.

Hope you liked it! It took a while to write. It's not my best writing, but I did write a song, so... anyways.

Edited by Ookla the Wayfarer

44 minutes ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Twig was about to die.

She didn’t know what she expected it to feel like. Would it be painful? Or perhaps it would be over too quickly for her to even feel anything. Would she cease to exist? Would she simply fade away, eventually forgotten by all? But… What about her family?

Alera was seven again.

She was sitting in her house, playing with a model starship. Her mother was in the kitchen, preparing dinner, and her older brother, Leo, was outside washing the windows. Her father worked in the lower caverns as an engineer— he wouldn’t get back until after bedtime.

“Okay,” Alera said, jumping up. She brought her starfighter with her outside. “Mom says dinnertime,” she told her brother.

Leo paused his cleaning of the windows. “All right, Twig, tell her I’ll be there in a second.”

“But you are one! Look how skinny you are!” Leo said. He crouched down to be eye-level with Alera. “But that’s good. Small people are underestimated.”

Leo touched Alera’s starfighter. “When you become a pilot, people will make fun of you. They’ll say you are too small to be a pilot. But then you’ll show them that even small people are big inside, and they’ll never make fun of you again. Do you remember when I told you about callsign Mouse? She was one of the best pilots to ever fly.”

“You can do anything you set your mind to, no matter how small you are. Twig.” Leo stood up and started to walk inside. “Now, how about that dinner, eh?”

Suddenly, she was eight.

Her father was working in the deep caverns again, and her brother and mother were outside. Alera was sitting on the couch, when a massive BOOM! shook the cavern.

Bombs.

“Alera, stay here,” her mother said. “We’re going to go help the cavern that got hit. You stay in the house and wait for us to get home, okay?”

Alera nodded, scared.

Leo picked up Alera’s toy starfighter and handed it to her. “Be brave, Twig,” he said. He and her mom ran to help the cavern that got hit.

A while later, Alera heard more bombs. She stayed up late, waiting for her family to return.

Her father was the only one who ever returned. He found her, sitting on the floor, staring at her toy starfighter. He asked where everyone else was. Alera told him that they went to help the first caverns that got hit. And then she’d heard more bombs from the same direction.

They were gone forever.

She wept that night.

I’m here in this land,

She was lost.

Of hardship and danger.

So much danger...

But where I go,

Twig was dying.

There is no sadness.

Could she rest?

I’m wanderin’ to,

She was so tired...

That promised land.

I’ll leave this place,

Twig was about to die.

No more to wayfare.

I’ll leave this place,

She would be found.

To never wander.

She could see it.

I’ll find my home,

She could see home.

And see my family,

She could see her family standing there. Her brother, her mother, the grandparents she had never known. Her father would be along later.

Evermore.

She could finally rest.

And Twig was torn apart.

I commend you. That was beautiful.

19 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

lollies watches this. a single tear drips down her face. "may the other world be better than this, friend."

Tear for Nova, right?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

Reveal hidden contents

Twig was about to die.

Alera was seven again.

Suddenly, she was eight.

Bombs.

Alera nodded, scared.

They were gone forever.

She wept that night.

I’m here in this land,

She was lost.

Of hardship and danger.

So much danger...

But where I go,

Twig was dying.

There is no sadness.

Could she rest?

I’m wanderin’ to,

She was so tired...

That promised land.

I’ll leave this place,

Twig was about to die.

No more to wayfare.

I’ll leave this place,

She would be found.

To never wander.

She could see it.

I’ll find my home,

She could see home.

And see my family,

Evermore.

She could finally rest.

And Twig was torn apart.

You try to make people feel bad for you, make Nova a bad guy, but one has to remember Twig fired on Nova first. Nova was simply defending Red. Then it turned into a 3v1.

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Wayfarer said:

Exactly. Why does everyone always get more rep on their death scenes. Probably because everytime one of my characters dies, it's always because someone is trying to kill me...

Edited by Canada Lover

The Secret Room GM HQ

Emma smiled as the others filled in, dresses swishing. But that quickly fell as she realized there was one who wasn't one of her daughters there. 

"Why is he here?"

"Becausse I thought he could be ussefull," hissed Medea in reply. "And if anything goess ssouth. Zira can alwayss eat him."

Emma nodded slowly, she didn't like it but well she'd have to see where this went. She'd never thought Medea would do such a thing, but then she did like her playthings.

"Okay so you all know why we're here, right?"

She pointedly looked at Elan jr.

@Ookla the Believer @Ookla the Prehistoric

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

The Secret Room GM HQ

Emma smiled as the others filled in, dresses swishing. But that quickly fell as she realized there was one who wasn't one of her daughters there. 

"Why is he here?"

"Becausse I thought he could be ussefull," hissed Medea in reply. "And if anything goess ssouth. Zira can alwayss eat him."

Emma nodded slowly, she didn't like it but well she'd have to see where this went. She'd never thought Medea would do such a thing, but then she did like her playthings.

"Okay so you all know why we're here, right?"

She pointedly looked at Elan jr.

@Ookla the Believer @Ookla the Prehistoric

"Um... yes..." Elan Jr. said. He looked uncomfortable, Medea was very close to him. She had dragged him down here. And he was ninety percent sure he was going to get eaten or turned into a demon. Well... that was unfortunate.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

"Um... yes..." Elan Jr. said. He looked uncomfortable, Medea was very close to him. She had dragged him down here. And he was ninety percent sure he was going to get eaten or turned into a demon. Well... that was unfortunate.

"Good, good," purred Emma her violet eyes staring into Elan's soul.

"So, Medea do you have the information on the riots?"

Medea's head shot up, her tail caressing Elan's back. 

"Yess, the people don't sseem to like Madam Pressident or the gamess very much. There'ss a rebellion sstarting and gaining much momentum in the people but sshee will prevail againsst it as all currently sstandss."

@Ookla the Believer