A new RP : The cosmere police force!

The Stormfather

What is your favorite type of RP?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• set rules, but not too strict, some freedom
    • As complicated as possible!
    • mostly free form, but with a few rules.

Just now, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

If anybody was looking close, they’d notice a skeletal squirrel watching the training with a close eye.

Okay then....

wait what?

no I know what you mean, it's just odd to read.

Edited by The Stormfather

3 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

If anybody was looking close, they’d notice a skeletal squirrel watching the training with a close eye.

Sightsleeper buzzes and Maki turns towards it. She looks for a second and walks towards it.

16 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Okay then....

wait what?

no I know what you mean, it's just odd to read.

Technically that sentence was incorrect, as Karchuk doesn’t have eyes, but yeah. My character is very eccentric.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Sightsleeper buzzes and Maki turns towards it. She looks for a second and walks towards it.

The squirrel skeletal runs up and sniffs Maki.

18 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

The squirrel skeletal runs up and sniffs Maki.

The knife flies out at the skeletal before hovering right above it's bloodmark. 

Honestly I have no idea if it could do this, but nightblood eats souls so 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

The skeletal jumps back, then looks sad. It then runs to the hallway, and goes up to Ella. @Ookla the Prehistoric

The knife follows it. Maki yells at it 
"STOP BOTHERING THE SKELETALS SIGHTSLEEPER"

16 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

"That was odd." The battle training instructor says, swinging a cane towards PoMee. he swings it overhead like a club.

PoMee catches his swing with her cane, twisting it to try and make him let go.

5 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

"You decide when to take the tests, and which order to take them in. Food comes every sox hours or so, whether asleep or awake, since everyone's on a different time zone here." Klatva, the supervisor says.

Uhhh how does half kandra work? for shapeshifting purposes is it just like a regular kandra @.....?

Do they die when shot? I like the idea, but could you just post some general physics about how they work?

Thx.

"Next meal is in two hours." Klatva points to a clock.

so I found those two wobs and wanted to make a shapeshifter so made one up and used it here, now Im imagining a half kandra could shapeshift basically like a kandra but limited to keeping their body mostly human, has smaller bones than a normal human also they probably would have full feruchemy mine doesn't because thats too powerfull for him. now I wanted him to have a little better shapeshifting than he did and be able to manipulate his hair and bones and fingernails so I gave him the royal locks so he can shapeshift with less effort and change his bones a bit and the subsumer lets him gain more mass quickly.

wobs:

Spoiler

Questioner

Given that kandra can replicate human organs, is it possible for a human and a kandra to have a child? And if so, would that child be purely human, or some kind of combination?

Brandon Sanderson

That's a yes, and it would be some kind of combination.

Dragonsteel 2023 (Nov. 21, 2023)

Brandon Sanderson

Vasher Explains Some Things, but Leaves Some Things Hidden

I'm worried about leaving Vivenna's two questions unanswered. One is pretty obvious—how Vasher can hide how he looks—but the other is unintuitive. I wish I could explain better in the book, as I said above, but I decided in the end to just leave it hanging. It's a bit of a violation of Sanderson's First Law, but not a big one. The reason I feel I can get away with it is because Vasher didn't use his nature as a Returned to solve any problems. It is more a flavoring for his character than it is important to him getting out of danger or fixing things. He could have done everything he needed to in this book without being Returned. So I feel it's okay not to explain why he can be Returned and not die when he gives away his Breaths.

Can Vivenna change her appearance more? She can indeed. She could actually stoke that fragment of a divine Breath inside of her and start glowing like a Returned. She can't change her physical features to look like someone else, but she can change her age, her height (within reason), and her body shape (to an extent). It takes practice.

And yes, the scraggly miscreant is how Vasher sees himself. Not noble and Returned, which is part of how he suppresses his divine Breath.

Events in the second book may change that.

Warbreaker Annotations (Aug. 1, 2011)

nick also followed the trainer to the training room.

Edited by .....
missing word

13 hours ago, Canada Lover said:

Zari went to her room and practiced her intelligence skills, not that she really needed to.

Maybe…

Maybe…

You’ll see…

12 hours ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

The skeletal runs away and paws at Ella’s leg.

Ella kicks away the skeletal. “Dude.” She says, “What is it?” She crouches down. “Who are you from? I don’t know people from this dimension...”

1 hour ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Ella kicks away the skeletal. “Dude.” She says, “What is it?” She crouches down. “Who are you from? I don’t know people from this dimension...”

Karchuk squeaks in a cute manner and looks offended. It is clear that he cannot speak human, however.

9 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

Karchuk squeaks in a cute manner and looks offended. It is clear that he cannot speak human, however.

"Oh... sorry." Ella says. "I'm just tired..." She pets him along the back, avoiding anything sharpened. How did I get here... She wonders. Things were going so great... and now... She stopped thinking about that. That didn't help. "How are you?" She asked Karchuk.

7 hours ago, The Stormfather said:

The trainer's muscles are powerful as he steps back, testing PoMee's skill with a lunge forward, cane thrumming through the air.

"Maki and Nick! Why don't you two spar with each other?" He sugggests, only able to really train one person at a time.

PoMee deflected the lunge, and used her momentum for a forward swing at him.

18 hours ago, ..... said:

so I found those two wobs and wanted to make a shapeshifter so made one up and used it here, now Im imagining a half kandra could shapeshift basically like a kandra but limited to keeping their body mostly human, has smaller bones than a normal human also they probably would have full feruchemy mine doesn't because thats too powerfull for him. now I wanted him to have a little better shapeshifting than he did and be able to manipulate his hair and bones and fingernails so I gave him the royal locks so he can shapeshift with less effort and change his bones a bit and the subsumer lets him gain more mass quickly.

wobs:

Reveal hidden contents

nick also followed the trainer to the training room.

"Shall we?" says Maki. "What do you want to use?"

5 hours ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

"Oh... sorry." Ella says. "I'm just tired..." She pets him along the back, avoiding anything sharpened. How did I get here... She wonders. Things were going so great... and now... She stopped thinking about that. That didn't help. "How are you?" She asked Karchuk.

Karchuk squeaks sadly.