The mystery of the Valley of Mist

Argenti

5 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i could always go back and try my luck there again. but no its too risky to do so. i gave up everything when i went into hiding."

"You're in hiding? Should I be concerned?" She reaches under her cloak and grips something hanging from the side of her waist.

20 minutes ago, Argenti said:

"You're in hiding? Should I be concerned?" She reaches under her cloak and grips something hanging from the side of her waist.

"not anymore i dont think. it happened about 30 years ago. i have been here that long."

17 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"not anymore i dont think. it happened about 30 years ago. i have been here that long."

"Hmm. Then you're probably fine. The kingdom has bigger issues right now."

4 hours ago, Argenti said:

"When this is all over, I want you to go to the capital and get tested. It's a rare thing for one to manifest this late, but not unheard of. For now, avoid singing while feeling any strong emotion, that's often when magic gets drawn." She shrugs and grabs Mike's slumbering body before hauling him upstairs.

“But…I have my concert in just a few days…how am I going to avoid singing?”

22 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"like what? our curse?"

"No, the war"

22 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“But…I have my concert in just a few days…how am I going to avoid singing?”

"Who are you playing for right now? The town does not have a very large metalhead culture?"

5 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

“I was being sarcastic. I caused the *redacted* war.”

"Did you? It only started a few years ago? Damn Dragons."

10 hours ago, Argenti said:

"Did you? It only started a few years ago? Damn Dragons."

"i put events in place that caused the dominos to fall one by one until the dragons had no choice but to step in."

what was the whole war about?

On 2/10/2024 at 7:28 PM, Argenti said:

"No, the war"

"Who are you playing for right now? The town does not have a very large metalhead culture?"

Autumn sighs. “No, I suppose not…I was hoping that some people might come, but you’re right, I suppose…but how am I going to pay for the trip without money from the concert?”

6 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Autumn sighs. “No, I suppose not…I was hoping that some people might come, but you’re right, I suppose…but how am I going to pay for the trip without money from the concert?”

"where were you going?"

7 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"If you're going to the capital, the church has money for that."

1 hour ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i put events in place that caused the dominos to fall one by one until the dragons had no choice but to step in."

TLDR: Someone stole the a trinket from the hoard of a dragon, that item became the crown, which lead to high tensions. Then more recently, someone stole an egg then fled to this nation. So then the dragon went on a crusade to reclaim it.

2 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"is it possible to leave the vilige with the curse still going wild?"

"No idea, I haven't tried. But no one has come since the curse, so it's not unreasonable to assume so."

6 minutes ago, Argenti said:

TLDR: Someone stole the a trinket from the hoard of a dragon, that item became the crown, which lead to high tensions. Then more recently, someone stole an egg then fled to this nation. So then the dragon went on a crusade to reclaim it.

so i guess i stole that trinket than

6 minutes ago, Argenti said:

"No idea, I haven't tried. But no one has come since the curse, so it's not unreasonable to assume so."

"i thought that all the adventurers who tried to leave where never seen again."

Just now, RoyalBeeMage said:

"i thought that all the adventurers who tried to leave where never seen again."

This was like a hundred years ago

so

12 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

"where were you going?"

“The Capital, apparently. I’m supposed to go there because I have magic powers or something. Pretty cool.”

12 minutes ago, Argenti said:

"If you're going to the capital, the church has money for that."

“Oh. And they’d let me spend it on travel?” What if I don’t want to be associated with religion?

3 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Something something murdered someone which then made someone despreate enough to steal the egg?

4 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“The Capital, apparently. I’m supposed to go there because I have magic powers or something. Pretty cool.”

“Oh. And they’d let me spend it on travel?” What if I don’t want to be associated with religion?

"If you're going to the Capital for testing and training, then yes. We wouldn't want an untrained mage running around causing... accidents. "

Just now, Argenti said:

Something something murdered someone which then made someone despreate enough to steal the egg?

yeah that works. it also works with my planed backstory of being and ex assasen and poisoner.

1 minute ago, Argenti said:

"If you're going to the Capital for testing and training, then yes. We wouldn't want an untrained mage running around causing... accidents.

"yes that would be an isssue."

9 hours ago, Argenti said:

"If you're going to the Capital for testing and training, then yes. We wouldn't want an untrained mage running around causing... accidents. "

Autumn looked down sorrowfully, thinking of Mike. “I…yes. I should go.” But do I want to?

2 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Autumn looked down sorrowfully, thinking of Mike. “I…yes. I should go.” But do I want to?

"I can stay and watch Mike, if you need, I kind of work here."

2 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"I'm still not sure you can actually go yet, but you're welcome to try."

Ya'll should go into the forrest or visit the old man

@AltonicKeys

5 hours ago, justice magician said:

"I can stay and watch Mike, if you need, I kind of work here."

“That…yeah. But I don’t think I’ll leave until we have all of this sorted out.” Autumn straightens up. “Well, I’m off to the forest for my daily vocal practice.”

27 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“That…yeah. But I don’t think I’ll leave until we have all of this sorted out.” Autumn straightens up. “Well, I’m off to the forest for my daily vocal practice.”

"Okay . . . is there anything I should do?"