The mystery of the Valley of Mist

Argenti

Just now, Ookla the Silver said:

"The kind that comes from a-- HEY NO STEALING!! Daddy works hard on those!" She stamps her foot in anger.

hehe my big brain move worked out

"Sorry, sorry, I just thought you'd know!"

"I KNOW THE ANSWER I'M JUST NOT TELLING!" She pouts.

"Oh yeah . . . I'm sure you do," Chiyo rolls her eyes. "And here I was thinking you were such a clever girl."

*feels slightly guilty for attempting to emotionally manipulate a dead child*

Just now, Ookla the Magician said:

"Oh yeah . . . I'm sure you do," Chiyo rolls her eyes. "And here I was thinking you were such a clever girl."

"I AM A CLEVER GIRL! YOU JUST WANT TO USE ME TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!"

gave you a hint. It comes from something. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"I AM A CLEVER GIRL! YOU JUST WANT TO USE ME TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!"

it was worth a shot lol

"Of course, or course." Chiyo got up and started towards the door. "I shouldn't have underestimated you. You've done an excellent job, I'm more confused then ever . . ."

Edited by Ookla the Magician

1 minute ago, Ookla the Magician said:

"Of course, or course." Chiyo got up and started towards the door. "I shouldn't have underestimated you. You've done an excellent job, I'm more confused then ever . . ."

"Mhh" She sounds appeased until you start toward the door "HEY I'M NOT DONE PLAYING YET!"

"Mhh" She sounds appeased until you start toward the door "HEY I'M NOT DONE PLAYING YET!"

"We should go play outside! It's so stuffy in here . . . do you have a balcony, or a garden? We could pretend we're adventurers in a forest!"

"We should go play outside! It's so stuffy in here . . . do you have a balcony, or a garden? We could pretend we're adventurers in a forest!"

"Outside is dangerous! Daddy says there's bad men out there. Bad men who want to get rid of us" She starts crying "He says they're the ones who took mommy!"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"Outside is dangerous! Daddy says there's bad men out there. Bad men who want to get rid of us" She starts crying "He says they're the ones who took mommy!"

"Oh you poor thing . . ." Chiyo bends and tries to comfort her.

"You must feel so scared trapped in this place all the time, dear."

Any windows in the room?

"Oh you poor thing . . ." Chiyo bends and tries to comfort her.

"You must feel so scared trapped in this place all the time, dear."

Nope! It's a cold, lifeless room 

"I'm not trapped here!" She sniffles, offended "Daddy is keeping me safe!"

"Safe from the big blue sky? Safe from wonderful adventures and beautiful places?"

"Safe from the demons who want to eat me! The sky wasn't blue last I checked....."

"Safe from the demons who want to eat me! The sky wasn't blue last I checked....."

"How long have you been in here, sweetie? It's blue right now! And I just traveled through those woods, and they're fine! In fact . . ." Chiyo reaches into her bag and pulls out her notebook.

"Recently I've been traveling all over! The world is such a big and beautiful place!" She flips through the pages, showing notes and sketches from her travels.

"We don't have to go outside . . . I understand that your scared, but like I said, is there a balcony or a window maybe? Wouldn't you like to see the world again?"

"How long have you been in here, sweetie? It's blue right now! And I just traveled through those woods, and they're fine! In fact . . ." Chiyo reaches into her bag and pulls out her notebook.

"Recently I've been traveling all over! The world is such a big and beautiful place!" She flips through the pages, showing notes and sketches from her travels.

"We don't have to go outside . . . I understand that your scared, but like I said, is there a balcony or a window maybe? Wouldn't you like to see the world again?"

"I-I, I can't get close to the windows, I tried once, and I collapsed; Daddy had to cut himself to save me." 

"I-I, I can't get close to the windows, I tried once, and I collapsed; Daddy had to cut himself to save me." 

"Oh dear . . . I had no idea." Chiyo puts her notebook away and thinks for a minute.

"Why don't we go on a pretend adventure then? We can stay inside the house the whole time!" She gestures to the door. 

Did the hall have windows in it?

"Oh dear . . . I had no idea." Chiyo puts her notebook away and thinks for a minute.

"Why don't we go on a pretend adventure then? We can stay inside the house the whole time!" She gestures to the door. 

Yup!

"I, can't..."

4 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

You see a large sharp stick has somehow embedded itself in your roof! It's causing a leak!

You see a little girl, some distance away, playing hopscotch.

"Now how could that have gotten here?" He walked over and removed the stick. 

10 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

The rack is as large as you is, and you fail. The screws you can pick up, they're pretty basic torture tools, sharp, covered in blood and so forth.

You see nothing 

Autumn picks up two of the screws, one in each hand, and walks through the torture room with a grin on their face.

32 minutes ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

Autumn picks up two of the screws, one in each hand, and walks through the torture room with a grin on their face.

There is a prison, with a single corpse in it.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

You've seen those trees before, In a dream. You remember now it was a nightmare, and you were wandering in a strange forest, where the trees were twisted and wept blood. These giants stretched far above you, blotting out the sun and sky. You remember running from a voice that spoke of dark magic and "The Broken Place". This is not the forgotten land, for it was never known.

The painting of the Cities of Jade, metropolises to the north, is unremarkable. You remember that they transmuted mud brick to jade with magic. This is not the forgotten land, it's quite known.

Laegon takes the painting off the wall and puts it face down on the floor. "Damn ghost fort. Stupid dream trees," he says to no one in particular. Ignoring the spooky painting, he takes a look at the sunken city and the man with his daughter, somewhat hesitantly.

11 hours ago, Ookla the Magician said:

"I sit on your roof, and love to sing, but I am not a bird."

"A CHIMNEY!?"

I have no idea

10 hours ago, Ookla the Erased said:

"Now how could that have gotten here?" He walked over and removed the stick. 

It slips out, and a wide hole begins to get wider; if it gets any bigger, you'll be sleeping in a puddle.

6 hours ago, Ookla the Bees said:

Laegon takes the painting off the wall and puts it face down on the floor. "Damn ghost fort. Stupid dream trees," he says to no one in particular. Ignoring the spooky painting, he takes a look at the sunken city and the man with his daughter, somewhat hesitantly.

The painted man turns his head to look at you. His eyes are cold and dead, like a fish, but with a spark of madness.
Flash

You know they come for you, you and your daughter, here at the end. They want to feed on you, your spark, your blood, your voice. You cannot allow it. If they feed on the power running through your veins, this age of blood and shadow shall never end. 
You are the Last. 

You must never die.

FOR THE WORLD WOULD DIE WITH YOU.

Laegon snaps back to reality. He looks at the next painting.

....It tickles a memory at the back of your head, Not something you heard, or your father, nor your father before that. Older, a city that once was, perhaps the first city that ever was. 

R'lyeh

Mankind has forgotten about this city. Perhaps it is what you seek?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"A CHIMNEY!?"

It slips out, and a wide hole begins to get wider; if it gets any bigger, you'll be sleeping in a puddle.

The painted man turns his head to look at you. His eyes are cold and dead, like a fish, but with a spark of madness.
Flash

You know they come for you, you and your daughter, here at the end. They want to feed on you, your spark, your blood, your voice. You cannot allow it. If they feed on the power running through your veins, this age of blood and shadow shall never end. 
You are the Last. 

You must never die.

FOR THE WORLD WOULD DIE WITH YOU.

Laegon snaps back to reality. He looks at the next painting.

....It tickles a memory at the back of your head, Not something you heard, or your father, nor your father before that. Older, a city that once was, perhaps the first city that ever was. 

R'lyeh

Mankind has forgotten about this city. Perhaps it is what you seek?

"Chimneys don't sing silly."