The mystery of the Valley of Mist

Argenti

On 1/2/2024 at 6:15 PM, Argenti said:

You hear an indignant sound from far below.

The figure does not respond

"Gosh dang it," She mutters, putting them back in her pocket. 

"Would my hair be me enough?" Chiyo tugs on her long black braid. "It'd be pretty easy to cut off."

1 hour ago, justice magician said:

"Would my hair be me enough?" Chiyo tugs on her long black braid. "It'd be pretty easy to cut off."

Perhaps, DO YOU LOVE IT!?

30 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"The corpse said something about it...but I barely remember." Maybe if I distract him with storytelling we'll be able to escape.

The mist gathers into figures which dance and squirm.
Then let me remind you. 

Long ago, in a Time before Time, there was a Garden. It was perfect and pure, pruned to perfection. It was beautiful, and since it has always been there, the Gardeners thought it would always be. And it was, until one day, a single seed began to grow unplanned. No one knew who had planted this seed, and while the Gardners fought, the plant began to flower. It was beautiful, yes, but it was not a beauty that fit. It was... perverse. It shimmered where it should glow and was green when it should be gray. The colors, the angles! It was all wrong. The Gardeners came to a consensus, the flower must be destroyed. So the stalwart son went into the flower to destroy it from within. It found that many in the flower had seen the splendor of the garden and wished to save it. 

For when the Flower blossomed, it crushed another. A trillion lives, extinguished in an instant. That flower's beauty is gone forever. The stalwart son worked with those in the flower to poison its roots and dull its shimmer. It was working, and the Gardeners were overjoyed. Until, suddenly, the flower struck back. It chose four people to wield its power, and they bound the Son, until one of them betrayed the flower and freed him. 

The flower withered and burned while the Gardeners looked on with joy. Then one, desperate light bound himself to the Son, and the the traitor. The desperate light threw himself off the flower, taking the Traitor and The Son with him. The Gardeners were horrified and waited too long to strike again. When they gathered their strength once more, they came to a realization. 

The garden was gone, and the Gardeners were reduced to watchers, too weak to stop the flowers.

Now only one flower remains.

Us.

4 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Then let me remind you. 

Long ago, in a Time before Time, there was a Garden. It was perfect and pure, pruned to perfection. It was beautiful, and since it has always been there, the Gardeners thought it would always be. And it was, until one day, a single seed began to grow unplanned. No one knew who had planted this seed, and while the Gardners fought, the plant began to flower. It was beautiful, yes, but it was not a beauty that fit. It was... perverse. It shimmered where it should glow and was green when it should be gray. The colors, the angles! It was all wrong. The Gardeners came to a consensus, the flower must be destroyed. So the stalwart son went into the flower to destroy it from within. It found that many in the flower had seen the splendor of the garden and wished to save it. 

For when the Flower blossomed, it crushed another. A trillion lives, extinguished in an instant. That flower's beauty is gone forever. The stalwart son worked with those in the flower to poison its roots and dull its shimmer. It was working, and the Gardeners were overjoyed. Until, suddenly, the flower struck back. It chose four people to wield its power, and they bound the Son, until one of them betrayed the flower and freed him. 

The flower withered and burned while the Gardeners looked on with joy. Then one, desperate light bound himself to the Son, and the the traitor. The desperate light threw himself off the flower, taking the Traitor and The Son with him. The Gardeners were horrified and waited too long to strike again. When they gathered their strength once more, they came to a realization. 

The garden was gone, and the Gardeners were reduced to watchers, too weak to stop the flowers.

Us.

"Huh."  Autumn slowly walks towards the door.  

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"Huh."  Autumn slowly walks towards the door.  

The gas does not react.

You can walk out, just don't expect a forest.

Edited by Argenti

2 hours ago, Argenti said:

Then let me remind you. 

Us.

". . . Yeah, where I come from we grow our hair out from birth and it's taboo to cut it." 

14 minutes ago, justice magician said:

". . . Yeah, where I come from we grow our hair out from birth and it's taboo to cut it." 

Are you lying? He would know.

18 minutes ago, Argenti said:

nope

however, he does get the feeling that she probably isn't as zealous about the taboo as she should be. It's still very important to her, but it's not her main priority.

45 minutes ago, justice magician said:

"Nice!" 

Chiyo pulls a small knife out of her belt and cuts it off.

All of your hair falls out.

YOU MAY LEAVE.

2 hours ago, Argenti said:

All of your hair falls out.

YOU MAY LEAVE.

"Oh wow okay that works too." She ran a hand over her head.

"is it . . . gonna grow back? I mean, I own hats so I don't mind I'm just curious."

13 hours ago, justice magician said:

"Oh wow okay that works too." She ran a hand over her head.

"is it . . . gonna grow back? I mean, I own hats so I don't mind I'm just curious."

It will not

28 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

An idea came to Autumn. “What if I entertained you? I brought my guitar, I could play a little song for you. You look like you need some entertainment. Would that get us out?”

Each must make a sacrifice.

Be very careful

2 minutes ago, Argenti said:

Each must make a sacrifice.

“But what if I don’t want to? Or, I could live here with you and the corpse! You two seem nice enough. I would have to leave occasionally to play gigs, though.”

16 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“But what if I don’t want to? Or, I could live here with you and the corpse! You two seem nice enough. I would have to leave occasionally to play gigs, though.”

It does not respond

5 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Would…would that be okay with you? What’s your name, by the way? I’m Autumn.”

Once you leave you will not return. Make your trade and go, or remain here and wither. 
I am Yzelari.

2 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Oh! Them! I remember! Corpsey told me about you.”

She is much deserving of the nick name.