The Best Candy (debate)

On 12/3/2023 at 12:44 PM, Ookla the Shadowed said:

Kit Kats are the best chocolate, though Reese's are a close second.

you are sorely mistaken, my friend.

It is Twix.

54 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Hi, hello, I'm not going take the time to read through the whole thing or be politically correct, because I just have one completely factual comment:

How is this a debate? Everyone knows the best candy is red vines. 

w h a t.

I've warmed up to them over the years, but they are, surely not, the best candy!

1 hour ago, OokIa the Believer said:

In the not chocolate world? Sweet tart ropes

Huh. I'm pretty sure I've had sweet tart ropes, but I wouldn't think of them as amazing. They look too sweet and tart (as one may assume), and in general to much like a tube of toothpaste to be great.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

w h a t.

I've warmed up to them over the years, but they are, surely not, the best candy!

Ok, yeah, but eating red vines is the full experience! You can pull them apart, suck on them, fold them and eat with twice the chew area, eat them like a cigarette, eat by the handful, etc. And you can get them in a big barrel thing, amazing!

27 minutes ago, Ookla the Sibling said:

I honestly don't think I've ever had red vines. I just looked them up and they kinda look like twizzlers. Are they better? What do they taste like?

I don't dislike twizzlers, but I think they taste more plasticky than red vines. *Stews as realizes that describing foods is kind of hard*

Red vines are similar but better than twizzlers. 

2 minutes ago, Mr. Misting said:

Huh. I'm pretty sure I've had sweet tart ropes, but I wouldn't think of them as amazing. They look too sweet and tart (as one may assume), and in general to much like a tube of toothpaste to be great.

Ok, yeah, but eating red vines is the full experience! You can pull them apart, suck on them, fold them and eat with twice the chew area, eat them like a cigarette, eat by the handful, etc. And you can get them in a big barrel thing, amazing!

I don't dislike twizzlers, but I think they taste more plasticky than red vines. *Stews as realizes that describing foods is kind of hard*

Hmmm...

I can see why, now. Holding them like a cigarette wins me over a little bit.

I need to try red vines again, though. I've had twizzlers recently and thought they were better than I remember, if they're less plasticy... might be pretty good.

Still won't give them the top spot, though. That belongs to my precious chocolate candies.

You can also use them as straws :) 

4 hours ago, Ookla the Sibling said:

I honestly don't think I've ever had red vines. I just looked them up and they kinda look like twizzlers. Are they better? What do they taste like?

E A S Y  T H E R E comparing red vines to twizzlers is like comparing burnt rubber to school chicken

They're the same in principle, but one is vastly superior

And one won't leave you curled in a ball on the bathroom floor all night.

40 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

E A S Y  T H E R E comparing red vines to twizzlers is like comparing burnt rubber to school chicken

Uh oh I see I've struck a nerve. I guess I should go find a place that sells red vines and try them out. I'm kind of excited by all the red vine hype in this thread.

8 hours ago, Ookla the Sibling said:

Uh oh I see I've struck a nerve. I guess I should go find a place that sells red vines and try them out. I'm kind of excited by all the red vine hype in this thread.

It isn’t worth it…

Unoess you live in Utah, then you’ll probably love them.

2 hours ago, OokIa the Believer said:

It isn’t worth it…

lol I live in Utah and dislike all of the red stick thingies-- no matter what brand or whatever it is people argue about

(They all taste like wax, in my opinion)

3 hours ago, OokIa the Believer said:

It isn’t worth it…

So that's why so much of the shard loves them!? 
I've never tried them; I don't think I've ever been to Utah in my life. (That might change Dragonsteel 2024)

5 hours ago, Ookla the Magician said:

lol I live in Utah and dislike all of the red stick thingies-- no matter what brand or whatever it is people argue about

(They all taste like wax, in my opinion)

6 hours ago, Ookla the Believer said:

Is that...is that an insult...

5 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

So that's why so much of the shard loves them!? 
I've never tried them; I don't think I've ever been to Utah in my life. (That might change Dragonsteel 2024)

That was joke.

22 hours ago, Mr. Misting said:

All candy has plastics