Crazy Romance RP Sign Ups

SmilingPanda19

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

You just basically described the gamemakers without describing the gamemakers

Imo, playing in an RP where other people have active control over it makes it a fair bit less fun, but that's just my opinion

No, if I understand it right, they're less like dms or mods, and more like an encyclopedia, they don't determine what succeeds or loses, just some lore to base it on, you couldn't just say "I wanna fly" for example, but they don't determine the result of a punch.

If I understand it right

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Imo, playing in an RP where other people have active control over it makes it a fair bit less fun, but that's just my opinion

I think it's just coming up with some starting stuff for the setting and apocalypse, not really having any control over the RP as it happens.

Just now, Ookla the Silver said:

No, if I understand it right, they're less like dms or mods, and more like an encyclopedia, they don't determine what succeeds or loses, just some lore to base it on, you couldn't just say "I wanna fly" for example, but they don't determine the result of a punch.

Is this even worth arguing? 

Because the proposed committee simply doesn't need to exist. It's understandable that it could help guide players who are having difficulty comprehending the setting, but also any person can do that. And I don't think we really need someone to tell us "You can't fly," it hasn't been a problem really before.

Just now, Ookla the Abstract said:

I think it's just coming up with some starting stuff for the setting and apocalypse, not really having any control over the RP as it happens.

Yes, but why do we need a committee for that?

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Because the proposed committee simply doesn't need to exist. It's understandable that it could help guide players who are having difficulty comprehending the setting, but also any person can do that. And I don't think we really need someone to tell us "You can't fly," it hasn't been a problem really before.

So that we can have a few people working to make this opening post without the chaos of everyone's input? I doubt it's going to do much of anything after the post is made. It's really hardly a comittee.

Edited by Ookla the Abstract

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Not really, I just thought you might not have understood it, so I wanted to rephrase it.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

So that we can have a few people working to make this opening post without the chaos of everyone's input? I doubt it's going to do much of anything after the post is made. It's really hardly a comittee.

(So are you saying that other people's opinions don't matter?)

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Not really, I just thought you might not have understood it, so I wanted to rephrase it.

Kay

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

I believe that there should be no gamemakers/committee. Everyone should work to control their own area of rp, logical self rp and self setting rp makes sense.

I agree, we have to trust people. And that means people have to be ok with their characters dying.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the foolish said:

I agree, we have to trust people. And that means people have to be ok with their characters dying.

I'm fine with my character dying so long as I make the decision, not some one else

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

No, I'm saying that we've already reached a conclusion and so are just working with a few people to create this first post.

Okay then. I'm just going to hold my tongue here and wait for the first post to come out

Just now, Ookla the Resolute said:

I'm fine with my character dying so long as I make the decision, not some one else

Okay then. I'm just going to hold my tongue here and wait for the first post to come out

Sorry. Yeah, I at least don't plan on doing any sort of administration after the RP is actually going, but we do need to get it going. I imagine @Ookla the Yellow Sock would be fine with anyone else who has something to contribute regarding the Regency Era or thoughts on the apocalypse.

3 hours ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

3 hours ago, Ookla the Silver said:

If I understand it right

It wouldn't be dictating what you can and can't do. It would be answering questions about the setting. That's not the same as the game makers. The game makers are setting the plot, guiding it, giving deadlines, giving specific rules for how the role-play works in regards to all the specifics.. This is not the same. It's setting some things for the setting so people don't get confused and answering questions. That is not the same, Aeo, so don't pretend it is. It's a thing I came up with to try and help out those like you to not get confused about things. This is the step I've suggested to help prevent a load of confusion and major inconsistencies when it comes to background info. That is all. If you have any issues with this idea, feel free to state it.

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

It wouldn't be dictating what you can and can't do. It would be answering questions about the setting. That's not the same as the game makers. The game makers are setting the plot, guiding it, giving deadlines, giving specific rules for how the role-play works in regards to all the specifics.. This is not the same. It's setting some things for the setting so people don't get confused and answering questions. That is not the same, Aeo, so don't pretend it is. It's a thing I came up with to try and help out those like you to not get confused about things. This is the step I've suggested to help prevent a load of confusion and major inconsistencies when it comes to background info. That is all. If you have any issues with this idea, feel free to state it.

*Sighs*

why do I have trust issues 

Edited by Ookla the Resolute
Inconsiderate post

Just now, Ookla the Resolute said:

Promise me that it will be this way, then. Because I could see it changing potentially for the worse.

Maybe that's just my paranoia, though

I will do everything in my power to make sure it is only that (and making the intro post.)

I swear it.

I can't promise other people won't try to make it to control the rp, but I can promise I will fight for it not to be. I know how it can be and how it can help, so I will do my very best to make it that way. Very best and perfect are not the same, so keep that in mind, my friend as we get into this rp.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

I will do everything in my power to make sure it is only that (and making the intro post.)

I swear it.

I can't promise other people won't try to make it to control the rp, but I can promise I will fight for it not to be. I know how it can be and how it can help, so I will do my very best to make it that way. Very best and perfect are not the same, so keep that in mind, my friend as we get into this rp.

Okay that's fine I just have a very cynical attitude right now online I don't even know why I asked that but you know whatever

Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

I don’t have a problem with the committee (sorry if it seemed the other way, my phone didn’t lode a bunch of messages so I misunderstood the purpose of the committee) as long as it’s only for pre-RP stuff.

It will only be for answering questions about the setting and doing the pre rp stuff. 

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Okay that's fine I just have a very cynical attitude right now online I don't even know why I asked that but you know whatever

I get it.

I'll prove the cynical and untrusting thoughts wrong.

OH

BTW

ALL OF YOU.

I need to make it very clear that my activity might be really all over the place with school and all, so I'm sorry for that. 

I'm also going to be trying really hard not to get myself super into answering every question and inserting myself into every disagreement. So sorry if I cut out randomly for an hour or two when I said I was going to be pretty active. That's gonna be the reason why, most likely.

Considering what happened last time I tried to do that kind of thing... *shudder* It did not end well. Not at all.

Alright everyone, there's kind of one larger element to consider, which is the magic. It hasn't take been discussed much.

Based on my understanding of the setting and general vibe, I think a subtler approach with softer magic would be best. We can probably have everyone figure out their own magic, but we might want some parameters because it's not meant to be the focus, really.

I'm interested to see what people's ideas are.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Alright everyone, there's kind of one larger element to consider, which is the magic. It hasn't take been discussed much.

Based on my understanding of the setting and general vibe, I think a subtler approach with softer magic would be best. We can probably have everyone figure out their own magic, but we might want some parameters because it's not meant to be the focus, really.

I'm interested to see what people's ideas are.

As I've said in a PM, I think having it up to everyone to figure out their own magic systems and what they want is what we should do, making it more customizable. Though, it would be encouraged, as to keep the tone of the story, to make it generally softer rather than harder.

Does not seem like much discussion is happening... Hm.

We've come up with the idea of everyone getting to choose a small magic skill (if they want to). As the apocalypse grows near, that skill will get more powerful, but given the setting and theme, I don't see the need for any intense magical battles or whatnot.

I was also thinking some interesting ambient magic stuff could happen. The only thing with that is it would need someone to control it. Not to control other people or their actions with it, just to add some input and flavor.

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Does not seem like much discussion is happening... Hm.

We've come up with the idea of everyone getting to choose a small magic skill (if they want to). As the apocalypse grows near, that skill will get more powerful, but given the setting and theme, I don't see the need for any intense magical battles or whatnot.

I was also thinking some interesting ambient magic stuff could happen. The only thing with that is it would need someone to control it. Not to control other people or their actions with it, just to add some input and flavor.

Some short intense magic fights could be fun. Imagine someone ordering an assassination to get someone out of the way of their plans to get money for some reason. Fun things could go on, depending.

And, furthermore, imagine a fight between two people over another person with magic...

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

Some short intense magic fights could be fun. Imagine someone ordering an assassination to get someone out of the way of their plans to get money for some reason. Fun things could go on, depending.

And, furthermore, imagine a fight between two people over another person with magic...

I mean, maybe. But still, small skills would be ideal, and they don't necessarily need combat applications.