Crazy Romance RP Sign Ups

SmilingPanda19

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Black Sock said:

True, but that depends on your definition of small skills.

Well, I think people can figure out how to make a minor, subtle magical ability. If we wanted, we could have everyone post their ideas before we start and kind of see what everyone thinks?

I think a limitation that would be good to have is something @Ookla the Yellow Sock mentioned, which is no dimensional travel, world travel, teleportation, etc. Basically we want people to have to stay in this doomsday situation.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Well, I think people can figure out how to make a minor, subtle magical ability. If we wanted, we could have everyone post their ideas before we start and kind of see what everyone thinks?

I think a limitation that would be good to have is something @Ookla the Yellow Sock mentioned, which is no dimensional travel, world travel, teleportation, etc. Basically we want people to have to stay in this doomsday situation.

Something like the Reckoners' RPG's rules would work here which were mainly:

- No too overpowered characters

- No teleportation; makes for annoying interactions and should be rare

- No time travel; that screws up everyone's head, and is just blatantly powerful

- Dimensional travel and world stuff was never mentioned because it never came up, but I would say it was because of the first rule

Yeah?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Something like the Reckoners' RPG's rules would work here which were mainly:

- No too overpowered characters

- No teleportation; makes for annoying interactions and should be rare

- No time travel; that screws up everyone's head, and is just blatantly powerful

- Dimensional travel and world stuff was never mentioned because it never came up, but I would say it was because of the first rule

Yeah?

That sounds good. I think maybe also for this keep it limited to one ability as opposed to entire systems and whatnot.

Do you have this in the other thing, that being having someone in charge of ambient magic and such? I was thinking I could do it, since I don't plan on engaging as much with the romance. It would only be input, not control. Like, "something about this ball felt off, but they couldn't place it" or "they saw a movement out of the corner of their eye, but nothing was there when they looked."

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

That sounds good. I think maybe also for this keep it limited to one ability as opposed to entire systems and whatnot.

Do you have this in the other thing, that being having someone in charge of ambient magic and such? I was thinking I could do it, since I don't plan on engaging as much with the romance. It would only be input, not control. Like, "something about this ball felt off, but they couldn't place it" or "they saw a movement out of the corner of their eye, but nothing was there when they looked."

Uh... Traditionally (it was this way back then) characters had to be approved by others. Twi I think was in charge mostly there but it is mostly buried in the question thread. There wasn't someone necessarily in charge of magic systems (especially before Astoria, where everyone was too powerful). So yeah. It was sorta managed by the community in a sense.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Uh... Traditionally (it was this way back then) characters had to be approved by others. Twi I think was in charge mostly there but it is mostly buried in the question thread. There wasn't someone necessarily in charge of magic systems (especially before Astoria, where everyone was too powerful). So yeah. It was sorta managed by the community in a sense.

I don't mean to be in charge of other people's magic at all, this would all be external, ambient stuff as the apocalypse ramps up.

Just now, Ookla the Abstract said:

I don't mean to be in charge of other people's magic at all, this would all be external, ambient stuff as the apocalypse ramps up.

Oh, as in charge of the setting and overall stuff? And progression? 

Yes, there was a designated person for that for each thread. It was twi, comatose, edgedancer, maybe kobald king, and the last two were controlled by, like winter and drake? I don't know, but it was mainly kenod and winter that we went to when we had questions.

48 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Oh, as in charge of the setting and overall stuff? And progression? 

Yes, there was a designated person for that for each thread. It was twi, comatose, edgedancer, maybe kobald king, and the last two were controlled by, like winter and drake? I don't know, but it was mainly kenod and winter that we went to when we had questions.

Yeah, so I would maybe be in charge of developing the apocalypse, doing general external magic stuff, etc.

I was also considering doing an enigmatic magical character, just for fun and vibes.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

I can do that if you'd like, I won't be making a character anyhow, so I can't influence world events.

There will be at least one zombie though. And many misspellings.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

I can do that if you'd like, I won't be making a character anyhow, so I can't influence world events.

I don't know, maybe you could. Though I don't think we're doing zombies.

I think I would be good for it since I mostly originated the magic idea we're going with.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

I don't know, maybe you could. Though I don't think we're doing zombies.

I think I would be good for it since I mostly originated the magic idea we're going with.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

I personally think that you guys should both do it since you seem quite enthusiastic about it.

Just sayin'

37 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Perhaps, though we'd have to coordinate.

Honestly, whatever you wanna do, if you want to do it, go ahead, if you want me to help, I'm down. 🤷‍♂️

I'm here to help

1 minute ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Honestly, whatever you wanna do, if you want to do it, go ahead, if you want me to help, I'm down. 🤷‍♂️

I'm here to help

Did you read You, Disappearing? That's kind of the vibe. And the environmental magic will be mostly occasional, subtle stuff, at least at first. It might not take multiple people, and it might not be all that fun if you don't even have a character as well...

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

Did you read You, Disappearing? That's kind of the vibe. And the environmental magic will be mostly occasional, subtle stuff, at least at first. It might not take multiple people, and it might not be all that fun if you don't even have a character as well...

Well, that was depressing.  But I take joy in doing nothing of importance so 🤷 

Hey, all.

I and others were wondering about something (though it was mostly me.)

What if someone rped as the Prince Regent, King George IV? He would have to be younger, for the purposes of this rp. We were having a discussion about how to have him in it in our PM and thought to ask the thread. the main option is that we have it where people nominate themselves and then people vote on which one. that one, all in all, seems the most logical solution.

Any opinions on that?