1 minute ago, Kasimir said:

YEP. I s2g that's the normal freakin' set-up. Well not F2 last one standing.

Located and shared for collective sanity.

We don't need them out, but they need to be last one standing.

That's why the SK should claim now, since their wincon is near impossible to achieve 

3 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

Appreciated, feel free to @ me later on if I forget. I'm more comfortable talking about it, say, past the 12 hour mark or so?

Here's the issue: since the SK is kill-proof here, the SK is not going to exactly be too scared to look Village and hunt Elims because that keeps them looking Villagery and they don't need to fear the NK. The fact a Village Lurcher exists means they have some cover for surviving the NK if they look Villagery. So I do in fact think that that Elim hunting here potentially points to the wrong PoE for the SK. I think they are two distinct pools/profiles, which is why I emphasise looking for both. No connections and TMI for the SK either. In short, it's possible for the SK to look fairly Villagery, though I'd agree they're not likely to go extreme Villagery since it'd bait the kill issue.

Yeah.

Edited to add:

Wait. We are not required to kill the SK?

I need to check this because what the hell, I swear every game I've played with an SK requires us to get them out.

o7

hmmm. ok i didnt think about that. i think anything else that i want to say on this matter isnt rlly pro-town to disclose but i am nodding sagely along.

:wowee: associatives my. beloved

anyways i didnt think sk could win jointly (and i double checked and idt it... can?) but im gonna be oiff thread a bit, might read through but ill smell yall later

Its been like three hours and were already at three pages I know Dragonsteel 2024s exciting but wow anyway um honestly even if Archers telling the truth they dont count against our wincon unless they win and like at that point were all dead so yeah not the highest priority right now anyway as it turns out leaving a half done post to go eat dinner means the only thing you say gets pre empted by like everyone else in the game so yeah 

Anyway the JNV thats definitely at Dragonsteel right now is selling quokka charms like the nice ones they look like this first come first serve get them while supplies last

Spoiler

73f959145ce5fff9ac3f7e24aefc9342_869x.jp

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

That's why the SK should claim now, since their wincon is near impossible to achieve 

You do realize the situation where the SK wins needs the others to have like a decent amount of uncertainty about hwo they are or else it comes down to the villgaer to decide who between SK and elim wins right

1 minute ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

No. It isn't. It means they need to balance the Elims against the Village, which actually makes their play less pro-Village than I'd anticipated.

I think my current line of thought on the issue is: probably good to track, we don't want to be doing last minute SK hunt if things get close or when they start playing anti-Village, but absolutely focus on the Elims right here and now.

1 minute ago, neil the beguiled said:

hmmm. ok i didnt think about that. i think anything else that i want to say on this matter isnt rlly pro-town to disclose but i am nodding sagely along.

I don't think it matters sorry :( I was working on the assumption we needed them out since that's standard. Since we don't, and since their PtV is pretty much playing Elims v. Village much harder than I thought (as either of us can win without them), I am not as concerned about the PoE blend issue than I was.

3 minutes ago, neil the beguiled said:

anyways i didnt think sk could win jointly (and i double checked and idt it... can?) but im gonna be oiff thread a bit, might read through but ill smell yall later

It can't. But we don't need them dead and we can win before them, so they have to deliberately block us from doing so. Good times /s

o7

1 minute ago, JNV said:

Its been like three hours and were already at three pages I know Dragonsteel 2024s exciting but wow anyway um honestly even if Archers telling the truth they dont count against our wincon unless they win and like at that point were all dead so yeah not the highest priority right now anyway as it turns out leaving a half done post to go eat dinner means the only thing you say gets pre empted by like everyone else in the game so yeah 

Anyway the JNV thats definitely at Dragonsteel right now is selling quokka charms like the nice ones they look like this first come first serve get them while supplies last

Reveal hidden contents

You do realize the situation where the SK wins needs the others to have like a decent amount of uncertainty about hwo they are or else it comes down to the villgaer to decide who between SK and elim wins right

Allow me to play it backwards

Let's say it is a 

2v : 1sk : 1e situation

A villager gets exe'd: elims win

A Elim getting Exe'd means village wins

SK being Exe'd means elims win probably 

Just now, Kasimir said:

No. It isn't. It means they need to balance the Elims against the Village, which actually makes their play less pro-Village than I'd anticipated.

I think my current line of thought on the issue is: probably good to track, we don't want to be doing last minute SK hunt if things get close or when they start playing anti-Village, but absolutely focus on the Elims right here and now.

I don't think it matters sorry :( I was working on the assumption we needed them out since that's standard. Since we don't, and since their PtV is pretty much playing Elims v. Village much harder than I thought (as either of us can win without them), I am not as concerned about the PoE blend issue than I was.

It can't. But we don't need them dead and we can win before them, so they have to deliberately block us from doing so. Good times /s

o7

Well the village wins when elims are dead. Ideally, the elims die and we don't have to worry about SK.

But SK will have different kill MO so watch out for that

6 minutes ago, JNV said:

Hide contents

I'll buy one!!! What do they cost?

Archer's probably claiming SK for the convention game because he did it 3 times. It's worth it to sacrifice Brandon (by them claiming) for the SK if the game is close and late, but SK isn't the priority since they don't know alignments more than a villager.

Easier for an elim to win a convention game, but think villagers more likely to care/less likely to risk suspicion. So Archer going for it without caring for the votes leans v.

8 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

Archer's probably claiming SK for the convention game because he did it 3 times. It's worth it to sacrifice Brandon (by them claiming) for the SK if the game is close and late, but SK isn't the priority since they don't know alignments more than a villager.

Easier for an elim to win a convention game, but think villagers more likely to care/less likely to risk suspicion. So Archer going for it without caring for the votes leans v.

Why is doing anything thrice remotely convention game indicative? Are you his opponent?

22 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

So, you saying that devo is a vsco girl? SKSKSKSKSK

SK stands for 

Aerial killer

EDIT?

The amount of NAI in this thread reeks of refrigerator mold

ED2T:

willing to lynch:

Archer (the paradigm)

Araris (Winnie the pookla)

Aeoryi (the resolute)

JNV

TKN (the bald)

Ravenclawjedi42 (thepresentparticiple)

TheRavenHasLanded (Of ravens)

People I forgot

Not willing to lynch:

Kas

Neil

Labyrinth/Alpha/Ookla929

Wiz (the ravenness)

Devo 

Cash (the Rich)

Aman 

Ash

Coffee at 

Edited by Ookla the Resolute
Kas is going to get NKd anyways

image.png.1dc440a6cf6f11a2e934e0797ce230f0.png

Spoiler

image.png.24db18ea31e836eebfd34c12706d3f3f.png

Kind of feel Wiz is in V!meta but not confident of that call due to getting confounded in LG95. 

Tentative ok with a weak meta-based V read of JNV. Going to highlight again that one doesn't bet the farm on it until after C3.

Slight potential E on Devo but based on one prong of a theory. Let's see how this goes.

@Ookla thePresentParticiple could you clarify if you think I'm lying or if you're conflating neutral and evil?

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I don't understand this point.

Also, I told you I'm n, why are you leaning v 

Just now, Kasimir said:

Is there a reason you think this is worth asking of Devo but not Neil?

I was asking Devo to clarify their post anyway, so I threw it in as a lil bonus. No one believes I'm a serial killer (except maybe PastParticple). 😔

1 minute ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

I was asking Devo to clarify their post anyway, so I threw it in as a lil bonus. No one believes I'm a serial killer (except maybe PastParticple). 😔

I dunno bro, maybe this is what you get for lying aggressively enough times to have a rep for it 👀 

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

Edited to add:

Bold is pretty damn necessary if you want the GM not to suffer counting votes in a hyperactive thread...

Oh, @neil the beguiled - Just to be aware, we have a thing about clearly demarcating edits, but you can edit your posts as long as you don't change the content, just add to it. If Stick hasn't linked you to rules and etiquette yet, probably check it out.

The really important thing for you since you mentioned being a hyperposter is that posts now automerge if you try to post within fifteen minutes, and if no one else has posted. Just be careful of it :P 

Edited to add 2:

And you shouldn't be editing old posts anyway (though admittedly I do to maintain post justification), just the most recent one. ...This prospective merge aged badly.

🤣 Thanks for proving the point though. Very much highly encouraged, not technically required in most games run buy anyone other than Kas.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

I believe you, you said it thrice, and if you know anything about the fey, they can't lie if you ask them thrice. You're just a bit of an (un)Conventional Serial Killer.

1 hour ago, Ookla the Bald said:

I believe you, you said it thrice, and if you know anything about the fey, they can't lie if you ask them thrice. You're just a bit of an (un)Conventional Serial Killer.

Ah, but did you say you believe him thrice? 👀

So apparently the guy with the boardgame was Araris, which should've been pretty clear since he had no soul. Kasim wondered if he was still holding a grudge about getting shot in the face C1 but he figured it was probably something he was better off not bringing up. And anyway, hadn't it been forever ago?

Yeah right. And Wilson (she didn't seem to be in this lot) was going to forgive him for teaching the filthiest crap to her phone's autocorrect.

He circulated among the group of SEers. Pretty much no one had heard of his WildKarrde handle anymore, which, he figured. Times had changed, somehow in the blink of an eye, he wasn't an undergrad anymore, and no one really looked up old games anyway. Hael wasn't at Dragonsteel and the last he'd heard from Doctor, well.

He tried to avoid that brief sense of loss, and turned instead to notice someone who was peddling an astonishing variety of quokka merch.

What, thought Kasim, in the world.

Edited by Kasimir

3 hours ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

SK stands for 

Aerial killer

EDIT?

The amount of NAI in this thread reeks of refrigerator mold

ED2T:

willing to lynch:

Archer (the paradigm)

Araris (Winnie the pookla)

Aeoryi (the resolute)

JNV

TKN (the bald)

Ravenclawjedi42 (thepresentparticiple)

TheRavenHasLanded (Of ravens)

People I forgot

Not willing to lynch:

Kas

Neil

Labyrinth/Alpha/Ookla929

Wiz (the ravenness)

Devo 

Cash (the Rich)

Aman 

Ash

Coffee at 

mildly amusing to see your own name among the people you'd be okay condemning xD

i think atm i feel ~decent with you/aman/kas and maybe bald being off my vote list but im struggling to put some other names to users (theres too many gosh darn ravens xD). i dont think i remember much abt half the ppl in your unwilling to vote list; can you offer me a bit as to why some of them are in there ?

3 hours ago, Kasimir said:

o7

lol all good. theres just a bit of like. speculation i have in my brain but i dont rlly wanna put it into the thread bc id rather not start doing like. kill speculation itt xD. not my job at all

3 hours ago, JNV said:

Reveal hidden contents

i would love a quokka... theyre so cute zomg...

i think wrt archers claim i still just... i dont know. i dont think it comes from an eliminator at least, and i wanna say its villagery though...? but mmm. lame answer but ig itd be better to see more from them /shrug

unrelated but Kas whats up with the bolded stuff mreow?

1 hour ago, neil the beguiled said:

but im struggling to put some other names to users (theres too many gosh darn ravens xD)

Tell me about it...I just realised your Raven/Aeo not E/E read was referring to Wiz and Aeo >> (I'd concur with it.)

lol all good. theres just a bit of like. speculation i have in my brain but i dont rlly wanna put it into the thread bc id rather not start doing like. kill speculation itt xD. not my job at all

Yeah agreed. We've established where the SK is wrt Village wincon so IMO needn't do too much work for them right now. Probably worth hanging on to if the situation gets more desperate but that's a later problem.

i think wrt archers claim i still just... i dont know. i dont think it comes from an eliminator at least, and i wanna say its villagery though...? but mmm. lame answer but ig itd be better to see more from them /shrug

I mean, if you want to, you want to, right? I feel like my whole point of engaging you and arguing it's within Archer's range is...

IDK how to put it. I guess I'd put it like this: I can see the intuitive pull of the V read and I understand why you're making it. I probably would too but for reasons I'm not mentioning, and the fact that I just got off a LG with Archer pulling a WGG, so am freshly-reminded he has a very high risk appetite and the error-bars for a risk/attitude read tend to be bigger for Archer.

I don't think the game hangs on you reading Archer right C1 and it'd be kinda weird if it did. I guess my tldr; is if you feel strongly enough about it, it's probably worth listening to/holding your view because a bunch of people disagreeing is what makes the Village work. I bring it up because I think it's just worth putting it out there that this in particular is worth revising if you get other evidence going forward in future cycles because big error-bar.

unrelated but Kas whats up with the bolded stuff mreow?

If I talk about it, someone will probably snipe me 😔

Edited to add:

Neil, what's the basis for your Aman read?

Edited by Kasimir

9 hours ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

I don't understand this point.

Also, I told you I'm n, why are you leaning v 

Elims can have teammates run cover for them to win their game without being noticed by their opponent and have a better chance of being able to guess other groups, but they'll be less willing to risk suspicion being thrown on them by pursuing a convention goal, whereas villagers like I was guessing you were (claiming x3 for a convention game) would be more willing to risk themselves to win a prize since it's less harmful for them to die, even Brandon is more likely to sacrifice themselves than an elim.

1 hour ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

why would pursuing a convention game goal be suspicious? if anything, i would call it a rather conventional strategy.

That confused me for a while too, but I think it's based on them hard-assuming that my convention game wincon is to claim serial killer. I think it's still a stretch to assign a read based on that, but it's also a bad assumption to make and I think villagers are more prone to those. 

2 hours ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

havent gotten an elim role yet

Until proven wrong, I'm using this as your village tell