Starfall - A Love RP

Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

Scen had managed to trick his way into a Ball. 
This Ball was, of course, Invite only, but every minor noble and their cousins got an invite, so getting the Invite was not the hard part; all it required was breaking into a noble's city-house and plucking it off their desk. 
No, the hard part was the suit. Ebony spiderweb and the oils needed to turn them into thread came only from a single island in the Caribbean; procuring it nearly had cost him an arm and a leg. Luckily, his benefactors had... strange forms of obtaining wealth, which spared him the explanation to his mother and the many questions that would have come with it. 
But Aye, it was worth it. His suit was iridescent, black as night when still, but shimmering and shifting when he moved. The buttons alone (Carved ivory) cost more than his weight in gold.  It needed to be beautiful to fit his part; He needed to be beautiful to fit his part. The benefactors never said it, but Scen suspected that was why they chose him for the role, not for his loyalty, though he certainly didn't lack it, but for his beauty. Why else would they throw a thief into such a role? And Scen truly was gorgeous; his mother must have been a fairy, many often said. He never did get to ask, for she died in childbirth.
How else would he have such perfect grey eyes? How else would his skin, almost as white as his buttons, be in perfect contrast to his Blue-black hair? 
But his beauty is beside the point; He is here for one goal and one goal only.  

Get close to the Prince-Regent, and kill him. One way or another.

But first, small talk.

I’m so intrigued rn I can’t even

Such magnificent fabric and such a beautiful face caught Wynifred’s eye. She was intrigued by this man. He looked rich, rich enough to uphold the Sallow name and bring prosperity to MacQuoid. He would surely make a good suitor. But he was surely out of her league, surely too rich. But she found herself walking towards him in those wretched, too-right shoes anyway. “Excuse me, m’lord,” she called to him from just a few feet away, then gestured to his tailcoat. “May I ask where you found such beautiful fabric? I’m Lady Wynifred Sallow, by the way.”

8 minutes ago, Ookla the Quesadilla said:

Such magnificent fabric and such a beautiful face caught Wynifred’s eye. She was intrigued by this man. He looked rich, rich enough to uphold the Sallow name and bring prosperity to MacQuoid. He would surely make a good suitor. But he was surely out of her league, surely too rich. But she found herself walking towards him in those wretched, too-right shoes anyway. “Excuse me, m’lord,” she called to him from just a few feet away, then gestured to his tailcoat. “May I ask where you found such beautiful fabric? I’m Lady Wynifred Sallow, by the way.”

"I'm.... Lord Scen, and the fabric is an import, from the new world."  He hesitates before continuing, "Specifically the Caribbean, it's similair to silk, but with finer thread." He walks up to her and snaps at a nearby servent before grabbing a glass of Champagne.

Edited by Ookla the Silver

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"I'm.... Lord Scen, and the fabric is an import, from the new world."  He hesitates before continuing, "Specifically the Caribbean, it's similair to silk, but with finer thread." He walks up to her and snaps at a nearby servent before grabbing a glass of Champagne.

Wynifred mirrors this, taking her own glass with utmost elegance. "The Caribbean! How exciting! My father hates change and so hates the new world. He refuses to even acknowledge its existence and refuses to buy such imports. I wish he could see the benefits!--it's a very attractive cloth." She takes a sip of the champagne as her insides knot a little. I do hope I'm not being too dreadful. Conversation is so very hard to make these days. 

Edited by Ookla the Quesadilla

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Quesadilla said:

Wynifred mirrors this, grabbing her own glass with utmost elegance. "The Caribbean! How exciting! My father hates change and so hates the new world. He refuses to even acknowledge its existence and refuses to buy such imports. I wish he could see the benefits!--it's a very attractive cloth." She takes a sip of the champagne as her insides knot a little. I do hope I'm not being too dreadful. Conversation is so very hard to make these days. 

"Change comes whether we like or not, unfoutinatly." He points upwards. "Have you heard about the star? It's looking to be quite painful." He chuckles and sips his champagne. 
She seems... Impressionable. I can work with this.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Silver said:

"Change comes whether we like or not, unfoutinatly." He points upwards. "Have you heard about the star? It's looking to be quite painful." He chuckles and sips his champagne. 
She seems... Impressionable. I can work with this.

"Yes, I've seen the star. I think it's rather dreadful; I don't want to die young, but I suppose I may as well make the most of my life while I can. What do you think of it, Lord Scen?"

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Quesadilla said:

"Yes, I've seen the star. I think it's rather dreadful; I don't want to die young, but I suppose I may as well make the most of my life while I can. What do you think of it, Lord Scen?"

"It makes my job much easier!"

Just now, Ookla the Quesadilla said:

One of Wynifred's slender eyebrows raises slightly and she takes a dainty taste of her alcohol. "Your job? May I ask what that is, Lord Scen?"

"To destabilize all of England, of Course!" He laughs, "I jest, I Jest. But truely? The signs for the star have been there for a long time, I've come to terms with my death." He shrugs  "I knew it would come one day."

"To destabilize all of England, of Course!" He laughs, "I jest, I Jest. But truely? The signs for the star have been there for a long time, I've come to terms with my death." He shrugs  "I knew it would come one day."

Wynifred laughed with him after he stated that it was a joke, and a snort slipped out. She covered her mouth, looking mortified for a moment before covering it up with a cough, though unconvincingly, so she just took another sip of champagne. God, Wyn. That was terrifying. "What kind of signs do you mean? Are you an astronomer of sorts?"

Wynifred laughed with him after he stated that it was a joke, and a snort slipped out. She covered her mouth, looking mortified for a moment before covering it up with a cough, though unconvincingly, so she just took another sip of champagne. God, Wyn. That was terrifying. "What kind of signs do you mean? Are you an astronomer of sorts?"

He does not look to notice the snort. "I am not an astronomer, I just have eyes. Why do you think the king went mad?" He takes another sip.

He does not look to notice the snort. "I am not an astronomer, I just have eyes. Why do you think the king went mad?" He takes another sip.

Her eyes widen. "You think--" she looked around, then led Scen to the side of the room. "You think the king went mad?"

Her eyes widen. "You think--" she looked around, then led Scen to the side of the room. "You think the king went mad?"

He rolls his eyes and snaps, and all the outside sounds go quiet. "What other sickness could cause his son to remove him from power?" 

He rolls his eyes and snaps, and all the outside sounds go quiet. "What other sickness could cause his son to remove him from power?" 

Wynifred sank into a chair at the nearest table, astonished. "Tell me more."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Lady Charlotte noticed a strange man in the shadows. He was luckily away from her aunt so she could investigate, and dare she hope...fight?

She walked over to him, dress softly scrapping the floor.

@Ookla the Abstract

He locked eyes with her as she approached. His were a stunning amber. There was something that felt wrong about him somehow.

@Ookla the Raveness

Edited by Ookla the Abstract

Wynifred sank into a chair at the nearest table, astonished. "Tell me more."

"I'm afraid I can say very little, but picture this. A subtle change happens in the sky, but humans have yet to notice it. However, the land can feel it. The strangeness of the star disturbs the land of England, and the king, the embodiment of the very land of England, is disturbed. His son is unbothered since he lacks this connection, so he reigns for now. This will not last." He shakes his head

And the seed is planted.

"I'm afraid I can say very little, but picture this. A subtle change happens in the sky, but humans have yet to notice it. However, the land can feel it. The strangeness of the star disturbs the land of England, and the king, the embodiment of the very land of England, is disturbed. His son is unbothered since he lacks this connection, so he reigns for now. This will not last." He shakes his head

And the seed is planted.

Wynifred's brow furrows. "You'd best be careful who you talk to about these things. It could come off sounding like treason." She paused. "But you're right. The prince is hardly older than I am, and I'm not awfully sensible..." What are you saying, Wyn? "Never mind." She smiled tightly and stood from her seat. "Thank you for speaking with me, Lord Scen. If you'll excuse me, I have to..." 

he can try and stop her from leaving if he wants/if that works better for his plan

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Quesadilla said:

Wynifred's brow furrows. "You'd best be careful who you talk to about these things. It could come off sounding like treason." She paused. "But you're right. The prince is hardly older than I am, and I'm not awfully sensible..." What are you saying, Wyn? "Never mind." She smiled tightly and stood from her seat. "Thank you for speaking with me, Lord Scen. If you'll excuse me, I have to..." 

Nope this is exactly what he wants! Also like all of that was a Lie.

He smiles. "Anytime." He snaps his fingers once more, and sound resumes. He walks into the gardens and looks up at the star.
"Bigger and Bigger you grow, while we churn like ants."

1 hour ago, Ookla the Abstract said:

He locked eyes with her as she approached. His were a stunning amber. There was something that felt wrong about him somehow.

@Ookla the Raveness

Charlotte's hands clampped around a sword nearly there, almost she could feel its weight in her hand.

"Who are you?" She asked, hands still by her sides, reaching for a weapon that wasn't there. 

Edited by Ookla the Raveness

1 minute ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Charlotte's hands clampped around a sword nearly there, almost she could feel its weight in her hand.

"Who are you?" She asked, hands still by her sides, reaching for a weapon that wasn't there. 

"An envoy."

10 hours ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

"Uh... let's do waltz, I've seen that a lot." Owen says, blushing. Why was he so dumb? He should know these things.

A young man that looks a little like Aubrey walks in and starts playing a romantic waltz. “So the first thing is to ingrain the beat in your mind, a one-two-three one-two-three,” Aubrey said.

*resumes Alexander persona*

4 hours ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

”I suppose.” I grumble, straightening up a little.

”What do you suppose we should talk about then hmm?”

" We could talk about how the world is ending. how we only have so long to live." He deadpanned, looking towards her again. 

@Ookla the Yellow Sock 

Edited by Ookla-The-Stick

1 minute ago, Ookla thePresentParticiple said:

A young man that looks a little like Aubrey walks in and starts playing a romantic waltz. “So the first thing is to ingrain the beat in your mind, a one-two-three one-two-three,” Aubrey said.

Owen glances over at the guy. He nods. "One-two-three, one-two-three..."

34 minutes ago, Ookla the Prehistoric said:

Owen glances over at the guy. He nods. "One-two-three, one-two-three..."

“Yeah, like that. I usually count with the emphasis on the second two beats, but this also works.”

I just realized that I know nothing about dancing! Luckily the internet exists for a reason!

Aubrey straightens and walks to one side of the room. “We start apart from each other, so why don’t you stand by the sofa?”