Just now, Ookla the Lotus said:

She hesitated.

"I do not know you."

She paused once more.

"I'm afraid I do not know you."

She squinted at his eyes.

"Was that a proposal, sir?"

She looked back to the manor.

"I must go inside, Envoy. I'm expected at dinner. My future father-in-law is arriving."

She clasped her hands.

"I will speak to you again. I know it."

She smiled and quickly walked away, back inside through the garden gates.

"Something like that." He watched her as she walked away, eyes glinting in the sunlight.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

She hesitated.

"I do not know you."

She paused once more.

"I'm afraid I do not know you."

She squinted at his eyes.

"Was that a proposal, sir?"

She looked back to the manor.

"I must go inside, Envoy. I'm expected at dinner. My future father-in-law is arriving."

She clasped her hands.

"I will speak to you again. I know it."

She smiled and quickly walked away, back inside through the garden gates.

Cedric is yelling at some of kitchen staff as she comes in. 
“I’m paying you to make exceptional food- THIS- THIS- is not exceptional.” He sees her out of the corner of his eye and turns. 
“Where have you been? My father will be here in an hour.” He swats at her behind harshly. “Get a move on.” 
He turns and faces the kitchen again. “Lets go, hurry it up!”

@Ookla the Raveness

Also, starting tomorrow afternoon until Friday morning I’ll be offline and off the grid. So I won’t be on the shard for a couple days, so either we will pause this, move this along quickly, or wait 

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

“I’m paying you to make exceptional food- THIS- THIS- is not exceptional.” He sees her out of the corner of his eye and turns. 
“Where have you been? My father will be here in an hour.” He swats at her behind harshly. “Get a move on.” 

"I've been in the gardens, enjoying the winter flowers," she saw the cook's weak expression, "...Cedric, would you mind if I tried the dish?"

don't worry about it! everything will sort itself out

have fun :D 

Edited by Ookla the Lotus

11 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

"I've been in the gardens, enjoying the winter flowers," she saw the cook's weak expression, "...Cedric, would you mind if I tried the dish?"

“It’s a lousy piece of garbage, eat all you like.” He quickly rushes over to another corner of the kitchen, calling. “PUT THAT DOWN-“

Just now, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

“It’s a lousy piece of garbage, eat all you like.” He quickly rushes over to another corner of the kitchen, calling. “PUT THAT DOWN-“

Mae leaned in to the cook, after having a spoonful.

"You may serve this. Cedric won't touch half of the platters anyway," she whispered.

Then she turned away and walked up to her room, changing her dress and calling her handmaiden to arrange her hair.

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

"You may serve this. Cedric won't touch half of the platters anyway," she whispered.

Then she turned away and walked up to her room, changing her dress and calling her handmaiden to arrange her hair.

She still felt Envoy's characteristic wrongness, but after so much time with it, it felt less wrong and more... familiar. A unique skew to the world. Things were not unfamiliar, but new, details standing out in unusual ways.

4 hours ago, Ookla the Believer said:

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I really am sorry, but I can't do that."

Charlotte sighed and slowly climbed down. She was only dressed in trousers and a loose fitting shirt.

"Sorry...I just don't like people, men especially very much."

2 hours ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

@Ookla the Raveness

Hehe I'm excited to play him and I can wait unless you two can do a lot tonight

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Charlotte sighed and slowly climbed down. She was only dressed in trousers and a loose fitting shirt.

I’m up for it ☺️

@Ookla the Lotus

12 minutes ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

Okay!! 😊

Also sorry I don’t know if you have a name for him so I'm calling him John for now but I'll change if he already has one 

Also what's his last name?

Lord John did not like to be kept waiting. It wasn't unexpected from this Lady his son was so keen on marrying. There must be something more to her to attract his son. Or perhaps just a mostly obedient and beautiful young woman to play with. Mentally he shrugged, he didn't care what happened so long as he finally got his drunkard son out of his house.

2 hours ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

The kitchen staff hurries to get platters and food on the dining table in the great hall. Cedric moves around, pointing out every flaw.

”Straighten that fork!”

”Add more salt!”

”Im allergic to pineapple! Get that out of here!” 

Her handmaiden quickly rushes over to her, assisting her quickly.

”Master is in the quite the mood.” She whispers into her ear as she finishes up. 

Cedric stands in front of the main doorway as the sound of the carriage is heard outside and a servant boy comes rushing in to announce the arrival of the masters father.

”MAE GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!” He yells up the stairs to her bedroom, which, if everything goes as planned, will not be hers much longer and she will move into the master with him. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

The kitchen staff hurries to get platters and food on the dining table in the great hall. Cedric moves around, pointing out every flaw.

”Straighten that fork!”

”Add more salt!”

”Im allergic to pineapple! Get that out of here!” 

Her handmaiden quickly rushes over to her, assisting her quickly.

”Master is in the quite the mood.” She whispers into her ear as she finishes up. 

Cedric stands in front of the main doorway as the sound of the carriage is heard outside and a servant boy comes rushing in to announce the arrival of the masters father.

”MAE GET DOWN HERE THIS INSTANT!” He yells up the stairs to her bedroom, which, if everything goes as planned, will not be hers much longer and she will move into the master with him. 

"I figured," Mae whispered back to her handmaiden.

Smiling radiantly, Mae walked down the staircase with glamor.

She was striking, after having put on a new silken violet gown and doing her hair up in a braided brunette bun. Her makeup was flawless and her jewelry was dazzling.

She went to the doorway, her hand on the handle, ready to open the front door when Lord John approached.

5 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

She was striking, after having put on a new silken violet gown and doing her hair up in a braided brunette bun. Her makeup was flawless and her jewelry was dazzling.

She went to the doorway, her hand on the handle, ready to open the front door when Lord John approached.

A brisk rap came from the door.

31 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

He nodded. "I understand. And I'm sure this isn't easy for you. If you get to know me, though, I do think you'll be...less hateful."

1 minute ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Cedric eyes her, almost glazing over her with his eyes before looking away so as not to stare too long. He steps up beside her left and places his hand lightly around her to rest his right hand on the right side of her waist.

”Smiles on.” He whispers and waits for her to open the door with the knock.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Mae opened it gracefully.

She feigned pleasant surprise, shining through her smile.

"Lord John! I am so glad you've graced us with your presence for supper, once again. Please, please, sit, sir!" She gestured welcomingly towards the head of the table, and a nearby servant pulled out the chair.

@Ookla the Yellow Sock

15 minutes ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

Cedric eyes her, almost glazing over her with his eyes before looking away so as not to stare too long. He steps up beside her left and places his hand lightly around her to rest his right hand on the right side of her waist.

”Smiles on.” He whispers and waits for her to open the door with the knock.

13 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

Mae opened it gracefully.

She feigned pleasant surprise, shining through her smile.

"Lord John! I am so glad you've graced us with your presence for supper, once again. Please, please, sit, sir!" She gestured welcomingly towards the head of the table, and a nearby servant pulled out the chair.

@Ookla the Yellow Sock

Lord John smiles grumpily, "yes yes, it's good to see you too. Now what's there to eat? I'm starving and I was told this would be a massive meal."

His tone though pleasant treated her as just another servant.

17 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

He nodded. "I understand. And I'm sure this isn't easy for you. If you get to know me, though, I do think you'll be...less hateful."

Charlotte shrugged, "maybe. Though I feel my feelings would be forced."

Just now, Ookla the Raveness said:

Lord John smiles grumpily, "yes yes, it's good to see you too. Now what's there to eat? I'm starving and I was told this would be a massive meal."

"Maybe at first," he said, winking.

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

“Right this way, father.” He leads him to the table and pulls out the chair for him and Mae.

"There is much to eat, sir; the kitchen has prepared quite the feast. Please, make yourself comfortable, and be seated. Is there anything the servants of our household could get you?"

The Lord's hat and coat had been taken upon entrance.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Believer said:

"Maybe at first," he said, winking.

She groaned inside, well this probably isn't going to work AT ALL.

"So...how did my family find you anyways?" 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Yellow Sock said:

“Right this way, father.” He leads him to the table and pulls out the chair for him and Mae.

Just now, Ookla the Lotus said:

"There is much to eat, sir; the kitchen has prepared quite the feast. Please, make yourself comfortable, and be seated. Is there anything the servants of our household could get you?"

The Lord's hat and coat had been taken upon entrance.

Lord John only grunted and sighed as he eased himself into his chair. 

"No, nothing at all, thank you."

"Of course." Mae glanced at Cedric, then sat down. She smiled, starting conversation, "How is London, sir? You've heard the rumors of the star, I'm sure. How is the aristocracy reacting?"

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Lotus said:

"Of course." Mae glanced at Cedric, then sat down. She smiled, starting conversation, "How is London, sir? You've heard the rumors of the star, I'm sure. How is the aristocracy reacting?"

"Like a bunch of foolish children," he spat.

"They've all been engaging in foolish activities."

10 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

She groaned inside, well this probably isn't going to work AT ALL.

"So...how did my family find you anyways?" 

"Actually," he said, blushing faintly, "I asked for you."

"Like a bunch of foolish children," he spat.

"They've all been engaging in foolish activities."

Cedric pulls out his own chair and sits down quietly.