Starfall - A Love RP

Thaidakar the Ghostblood

2 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“Yes. I was so thrilled when I heard that I would train under him…I did for three years. Three years and then it was all…he was….” Tears come out of Aubrey’s eyes as she sits down and quietly sobs.

Owen sits next to her, and puts an arm around her. “I’m sorry.” He whispers, giving her a gently hug.

6 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Owen sits next to her, and puts an arm around her. “I’m sorry.” He whispers, giving her a gently hug.

Aubrey wipes her face and sits up. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t be so distraught…it’s been quite a while since he passed.”

On 12/23/2023 at 9:09 PM, Lotus Blossom said:

"Cedric!" Mae smiled and clapped her hands together, "How kind of you to join us! Are you alright? Your father and I were almost getting worried!"

@The Wandering Wizard

“Im quite fine, thank you.” He makes his way down the stairwell, his eyes quite serious.

”I think it time to have a long waiting discussion with my father.” He pulls out a chair and points to it as he sits down himself. “Sit.” 
He looks across the table at his father as the servants start to clean up from the short meal. 

@The Wandering Wizard

Sorry I was gone so long, a looot is happening right now

On 12/29/2023 at 10:47 AM, SmilingPanda19 said:

Im quite fine, thank you.” He makes his way down the stairwell, his eyes quite serious.

”I think it time to have a long waiting discussion with my father.” He pulls out a chair and points to it as he sits down himself. “Sit.” 
He looks across the table at his father as the servants start to clean up from the short meal. 

Mae sat down, with wide eyes, imitating surprise.

'Oh, Cedric," she put a hand over her mouth, "Please, tell me this isn't bad news. I really was enjoying myself this evening."

She across the table to Lord John, almost looking helpless.

"A telegraph was sent for us the other day," she explained.

Then she looked back to Cedric, and put her hand in his.

"What is it, dear?"

6 hours ago, Lotus Blossom said:

Mae sat down, with wide eyes, imitating surprise.

'Oh, Cedric," she put a hand over her mouth, "Please, tell me this isn't bad news. I really was enjoying myself this evening."

She across the table to Lord John, almost looking helpless.

"A telegraph was sent for us the other day," she explained.

Then she looked back to Cedric, and put her hand in his.

"What is it, dear?"

“I think we should move the wedding to an earlier date.” He points his finger into the table. “Would that convince you that I am worthy to be called your son?” He raises and eyebrow, almost questioning his fathers authority.

7 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“You’re fine. Loss is hard and it’s good to talk about it.”

“It probably is.” Aubrey wipes her eyes one more time, and though they now seem to be dry. “Thank you for…being here. It’s nice.” Whether or not you love him. We’ll work that out later.

11 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“It probably is.” Aubrey wipes her eyes one more time, and though they now seem to be dry. “Thank you for…being here. It’s nice.” Whether or not you love him. We’ll work that out later.

“Of course.” Owen says. He smiles at her, a soft smile. “Thanks for teaching me to dance.”

3 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

“Of course.” Owen says. He smiles at her, a soft smile. “Thanks for teaching me to dance.”

"It was my pleasure." Aubrey smiles, and though her eyes betray a sadness deeper than her words, she seems genuinely happy.

Just now, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"It was my pleasure." Aubrey smiles, and though her eyes betray a sadness deeper than her words, she seems genuinely happy.

Owen looks in her eyes, seeing something in them, something sad. He lays a hand on her shoulder and gives it a light squeeze. "Should we keep dancing? Or do you want to keep your toes safe from being crushed?"

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Owen looks in her eyes, seeing something in them, something sad. He lays a hand on her shoulder and gives it a light squeeze. "Should we keep dancing? Or do you want to keep your toes safe from being crushed?"

"I'd like to take a break. Rest for a bit. My doctors say that maybe I should."

2 minutes ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

"Doctors?" Owen asked.

Yep! It doesn't have too much of an impact on the story, but each person can take energy from the Star and use it to fuel one magical gift of your choice.

"Just some people Mother hired. They don't matter." Aubrey's expression darkens slightly, and then lightens once more.

"Why do you need them?" Owen asked, concerned.

Aubrey inhales sharply, then exhales. "I don't know. I only met them once. Mother just wanted them." Aubrey stares into space in the direction that her mother was angrily, then sighs. "Could we just-talk about something else? Please?"

6 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Aubrey inhales sharply, then exhales. "I don't know. I only met them once. Mother just wanted them." Aubrey stares into space in the direction that her mother was angrily, then sighs. "Could we just-talk about something else? Please?"

"Okay," Owen says. "The star. The one crashing into us. What do you... think about that?"

"Okay," Owen says. "The star. The one crashing into us. What do you... think about that?"

"Oh right. That." Aubrey pauses for a moment. "I hate that. I had so much I wanted to do with my life...so much I wanted to be...and that star takes it away! It'll take it all away! And it's just...there's nothing we can do about it. We're all going to die, and we can't [censored]ing do anything about it!!" Aubrey had stood up in her anger, but she sat back down. "I'm sorry," she said. "I shouldn't have cursed. Doing so is 'not a good profession for a young lady.'

3 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

"Oh right. That." Aubrey pauses for a moment. "I hate that. I had so much I wanted to do with my life...so much I wanted to be...and that star takes it away! It'll take it all away! And it's just...there's nothing we can do about it. We're all going to die, and we can't [censored]ing do anything about it!!" Aubrey had stood up in her anger, but she sat back down. "I'm sorry," she said. "I shouldn't have cursed. Doing so is 'not a good profession for a young lady.'

“Not for a ‘young man’ either” Owen said, “But sometimes emotions do their thing and it’s difficult.”

On 12/30/2023 at 11:12 PM, SmilingPanda19 said:

“I think we should move the wedding to an earlier date.” He points his finger into the table. “Would that convince you that I am worthy to be called your son?” He raises and eyebrow, almost questioning his fathers authority.

Boo

@Lotus Blossom @The Wandering Wizard