Break Tank 4: Last Night, Rain Mingled With Mist

Kasimir

17 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

what? are you voting me? rude/j. i am an old veteran.

im the veteran, but i dont wish to die yet lol.

Despite what I said last night, I think you shouldn't be so hasty to use the ability. You're the best defence we have against the Forsaken fake claiming Dragon to make exing them unappealing. So long as you have your kill, we can theoretically test Dragons without risking the game. 

I'm choosing to believe Dragons only come in pairs, meaning if we get a Dragon claim, we'll need the village one to chime in. That'll clear Ravens. 

Do we not have a way to unpoison someone?? 

GM, what's the OOA on Veteran kill versus the exe? 

1 hour ago, Haelbarde said:

We don't actually have to execute the Fool to gain the benefit of one of their teammates flipping. 

If the leading train were "No Vote" and the runner up was the fool, then I reckon that'd trigger it, getting us a free night kill to probably learn which side both the fool and the random victim are on.

:P

Fool being 2nd to no vote does trigger the ability, I confirmed that earlier. I think Fool should consider trying to trigger asap 

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

GM, what's the OOA on Veteran kill versus the exe? 

What OoA? You don't need an OoA.

6 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

Do we not have a way to unpoison someone?? 

No, you do not. Think of it like trolling in LG92.

Edited to add:

Okay I shouldn't be so mischievous 😔

@Ookla the Paradigm:

Veteran: You are a former soldier, returned to Helgen from battles at the Blightborder. Your military skills have not rusted, however. Once a game, publicly select a player during the Night to name as the Forsaken. If you are correct, they die. If you are wrong, you die.

Edited by Kasimir

8 hours ago, Ookla the Destined said:

This

Also this

Answers come to those who read 😛 

Basically, we lose if we exe two villagers, so we should only use two exes. Not using one C1 makes the most sense from an info-gathering standpoint.

I was exhausted alright :P

Wait I thought it was just two villagers in a single cycle not over the whole game?

@Kasimir

8 hours ago, Ookla the Destined said:

It ends in two days but the game ends in three, so /shrug

Edit: The ninjas are crazy xD

Kas lock v as well tbh

8 hours ago, Haelbarde said:

:P

I've concluded that Kas is the Dark One and his victory is inevitable... >>

Or maybe I need to go watch some One Night Werewolf playthroughs.

Yeah Kas is definitely evil this time Mat :P

18 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

Wait I thought it was just two villagers in a single cycle not over the whole game?

Oh my God you guys read the rules already ;-;

It's over the whole game you cannot exe more than one Villager a cycle staaaahp this madness you bloodthirsty fools 😭

Just now, Kasimir said:

Oh my God you guys read the rules already ;-;

It's over the whole game you cannot exe more than one Villager a cycle staaaahp this madness you bloodthirsty fools 😭

I did, I just misread them >>

It's clear now though :P

I do think you'll need an OOA :P

13 minutes ago, Kasimir said:

You all are free to force me to need one, but IMO the only thing you need to know is drunkenness/poisoning takes precedence, that's it.

Yeah true. That really is the only thing I needed to know :P

Are Lies just the exact opposite or complete lies?

@Kasimir

Edited by Ookla the Raveness

Just now, Kasimir said:

I can't answer tactical game questions. I am the GM and cannot take sides.

Ill take that as "good question, raven. no answer for you though"

ok, so, im kinda thinking: does anyone want to claim darkfriend? this is a possibly dumb question for them, but whatever.

2 minutes ago, JNV said:

Hi Im around anyway strategy wise yeah we can only really use two votes oh @Kasimir does pattern degredation apply during next cycle C1 or only after that 

I have already rolled for Pattern degradation for this cycle.

As I've been asked, my bad choice of naming scheme means this is what the cycle schema looks like:

Cycle One: N0/D1
Cycle Two: N1/D2
Cycle Three: N2/D3

This means the game ends on the last exe, rather than hoping for a clutch shot from a Veteran, of which I will neither confirm nor deny whether such a role exists in this game.

1 hour ago, Kasimir said:

What OoA? You don't need an OoA.

No, you do not. Think of it like trolling in LG92.

Edited to add:

Okay I shouldn't be so mischievous 😔

@Ookla the Paradigm:

So basically if you publicly name an elim and they have poisoning power, they can block it. Not ideal. Makes me think e!posioner is probably on the table to avoid an early clutch shot ruining the test run. 

22 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

I need to wait and see. 2 cycles, then ill name my target.

That seems right. Inevitably this means the dragon won't claim until C3, but then you've succeeded at perpetuating the game that long. 

19 minutes ago, Ookla the Raveness said:

I do think you'll need an OOA :P

They're just so nice to look at :3.

8 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

Ill take that as "good question, raven. no answer for you though"

ok, so, im kinda thinking: does anyone want to claim darkfriend? this is a possibly dumb question for them, but whatever.

OH wow that would be a game breaking strat I hope they don't do that 😬

To correct my own bad assumption, we're probably either looking at e!Forsaken with e!Dragon or e!unaligned role. The second elim being just an evil vanilla would be too vulnerable too a mass roleclaim clear out. Not all the red roles have to be in play. In fact, they it's highly unlikely that even two will be. 

1 minute ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

So basically if you publicly name an elim and they have poisoning power, they can block it. Not ideal. Makes me think e!posioner is probably on the table to avoid an early clutch shot ruining the test run. 

That seems right. Inevitably this means the dragon won't claim until C3, but then you've succeeded at perpetuating the game that long. 

They're just so nice to look at :3.

OH wow that would be a game breaking strat I hope they don't do that 😬

To correct my own bad assumption, we're probably either looking at e!Forsaken with e!Dragon or e!unaligned role. The second elim being just an evil vanilla would be too vulnerable too a mass roleclaim clear out. Not all the red roles have to be in play. In fact, they it's highly unlikely that even two will be. 

what do you mean by that last bit?

2 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

what do you mean by that last bit?

I was looking at the roles list where there's three red roles. I was assuming that the elims would all have red roles, but I'm thinking they probably don't. We have to have a Forsaken, but the others don't need to be included. If an elim does have them, they're in a tight spot because no roles are duplicated in this game. When we mass claim, we'll be able to identify the evil person from it, if they have a red role. It's less of an issue in a larger game, but in one this small, I think they'll need the ability to blend in. I also think they'll need poison ability to survive, unless the GM is counting on us friendly firing each other to achieve the same result. Tbh that's not a bad assumption. :P. 

Just now, Ookla the Paradigm said:

I was looking at the roles list where there's three red roles. I was assuming that the elims would all have red roles, but I'm thinking they probably don't. We have to have a Forsaken, but the others don't need to be included. If an elim does have them, they're in a tight spot because no roles are duplicated in this game. When we mass claim, we'll be able to identify the evil person from it, if they have a red role. It's less of an issue in a larger game, but in one this small, I think they'll need the ability to blend in. I also think they'll need poison ability to survive, unless the GM is counting on us friendly firing each other to achieve the same result. Tbh that's not a bad assumption. :P. 

ah, interesting.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Is it permanent?

(Don't tell me to go read the ....)

Innkeeper: You are the local innkeeper. There isn’t much choice in Helgen, so if people want a drink, they have to stop by your inn. Every Night, you can ply two players with your best brew and discover how many of them are Evil. However, these players are now drunk for that Night and the next Day.

Apothecary: You are the apothecary of Helgen, and your knowledge and collection of various herbs and simples is unrivalled in the village. Every Night, you can select one player. They are poisoned for the rest of the Night and the following Day.

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Is it permanent?

(Don't tell me to go read the ....)

Sorry, didn't see this - my notifs are a bit wonky at the moment and only Wiz's showed up. However, JNV has the correct answer here, thank you Quokka Buddy!

23 minutes ago, Ookla the Paradigm said:

When we mass claim, we'll be able to identify the evil person from it, if they have a red role. It's less of an issue in a larger game, but in one this small, I think they'll need the ability to blend in.  

The problem with a small game is that not all roles will be in play, so there's room for Forsaken to claim ones that aren't in the game, especially since they know one for sure. Early claims are more trustworthy, and I don’t think Raven can be the Forsaken since veteran can't be faked without counting on a teammate inn/apo.