Honor and Cultivation's Contribution to Surges

theSurgeOfPhysics

A quick thought, but I realized that the orders themselves each have themes tied to Honor (Bondsmith— Unite/ cooperation; Windrunners— Protection; Lightweavers— Honesty; Edgedancers— Equity among others; Willshapers— Freeness of the individual . . . etc.). To add to this, the 5-Ideal-system is tied to Cultivation's progressive Intent. 

21 hours ago, theSurgeOfPhysics said:

A quick thought, but I realized that the orders themselves each have themes tied to Honor (Bondsmith— Unite/ cooperation; Windrunners— Protection; Lightweavers— Honesty; Edgedancers— Equity among others; Willshapers— Freeness of the individual . . . etc.). To add to this, the 5-Ideal-system is tied to Cultivation's progressive Intent.

So, the Sapient Spren that form Nahel Bonds to make Radiants are all a mix of Honor and Cultivation. Some are more of one than the other - the oaths are actually a manifestation of this because, as you note, the progression is likely from Cultivation, and the fact that it takes the form of Oaths is from Honor. However, I don't think the "themes" some from either - they come from the interactions of Surges that are expressed by that type of True Spren. WoB:

Spoiler

Questioner

If the spren of the Truthwatchers are related directly with Cultivation or the Nightwatcher? Or both?

Brandon Sanderson

So, most of the sapient spren that form the Orders of Knights Radiant are related to a mixture of Honor and Cultivation. Some lean one direction much more than the other, and the spren of the Truthwatchers leans toward Cultivation.

1 hour ago, MerlinArcane said:

5 ideal system? 

Pretty sure the OP means Oaths