Am I the Only One Who...

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Ever since I hit the quadruple digits with my reputation level, I've glanced at the number each time it changes to see if it reminds me of a year. I got inordinately excited when it was at 1776, and now I'm looking at it and thinking, "Oh, 1860. Tensions between the Northern and Southern United States were heating up. One more upvote and the Civil War will start." 

:mellow: 

So, uh….what happened in your reputation year? 

Unfortunately my knowledge of Thirty-Fourth Century history peters out after the Benson Cyberarchy. Good textbooks on the era are impossible to find.  <_<

You know, if you're trying to lower/slow down your rep growth you should really stop making snarky/comical comments. You already got an additional eight points on the last one in this thread. :P

-

-

In 174 A.D. Marcus Aurelias wrote Meditations. Satakarni expanded his Indian empire further north.

Unfortunately my knowledge of Thirty-Fourth Century history peters out after the Benson Cyberarchy. Good textbooks on the era are impossible to find.  <_<

You know, if you're trying to lower/slow down your rep growth you should really stop making snarky/comical comments. You already got an additional eight points on the last one in this thread. :P

-

-

In 174 A.D. Marcus Aurelias wrote Meditations. Satakarni expanded his Indian empire further north.

You know what you need, Kobold? A rant. A nice, long, typo-ridden rant about how Brandon Sanderson eats gym shorts. That should do the trick. :P 

So in 1132, (seriously, I disappear for a couple weeks to discover I'm a waffle cook? Hello Mistborn cooking abilities :P

1132 BCE: A Bronze-Age Greek settlement associated with Jason and the Argonuats was burned down, and Ramses III died. Wonderful year, that one.

1132 CE: Hangzou was declared capital of the Song Dynasty in China, Champa invaded Vietnam, and the ruler of Deheubarth, Rhys ap Gruffyd was born.

1918: WWI ends when the Armistice is signed; Britain gives women over 30 the right to vote; and the map of Europe is drastically redrawn. 

I wonder what kind of unruly behavior you'll start displaying once you hit the Roaring Twenties. You might have alcohol, or God forbid--show your ankles in public.

* shudders *

Seriously Kobold... It's like you refuse to even try to lower your rep.

This thread alone has netted over +15

EDIT: It's like you can't wait to be a lerasium mistborn or something...

Edited by Ashiok

Al Capone laughs at your judgment. 

article-2066935-0BECA648000005DC-260_233

True but somewhat unrelated story: I spent much of my youth under the impression that Al Capone was behind the 9/11 catastrophe. The subtle distinction between Al Capone and Al-Qaeda was not one my sugar-addled mind could cope with.

Moving away from my crippling intellectual failings, here's Grace Coolidge with her pet raccoon.

coolidge-raccoon.jpg

EDIT: I did create a thread for downvoting me, but the day I stop spewing quips, one-liners, and hilarious photos of Calvin Coolidge is the day I put my hand in that crazed raccoon's mouth. :P

Edited by Kobold King

True but somewhat unrelated story: I spent much of my youth under the impression that Al Capone was behind the 9/11 catastrophe. The subtle distinction between Al Capone and Al-Qaeda was not one my sugar-addled mind could cope with.

Moving away from my crippling intellectual failings, here's Grace Coolidge with her pet raccoon.

coolidge-raccoon.jpg

Also true but equally unrelated story: I refused to eat hot dogs and hush puppies for years because I thought they were actually made from our canine friends. 

I see your Grace Coolidge and raise you….whatever the heck this is. 

vintage-beauty-salon-equipment-2.jpg