My Turn... (an RP)

Edema Rue

13 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Okay, and it's perfectly alright if you don't know. What should I talk about?" He kept his tone gentle and kind. 

“Y…you?” Her breathing started to calm more.

6 minutes ago, Weaver of Lies said:

“Y…you?” Her breathing started to calm more.

"Okay, I can do that." He whispered, giving her a gentle smile. "Just keep breathing."

With that, Jacin started his tale. 

"I suppose I had a normal enough childhood... I had a younger sister... she died when I was younger." He swallowed hard, looking down. "There... wasn't a competent enough doctor to save her. So I became what I couldn't have as a child." 

Edited by Just-A-Stick
clarity

2 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Okay, I can do that." He whispered, giving her a gentle smile. "Just keep breathing."

With that, Jacin started his tale. 

"I suppose I had a normal enough childhood... I had a younger sister... she died when I was younger." He swallowed hard, looking down. "There... wasn't a competent enough doctor to save her. So I became what I couldn't have as a child." 

“So…that’s why you do what you do?”

4 minutes ago, Weaver of Lies said:

“So…that’s why you do what you do?”

"Yes. Because, somewhere out there, there's a child like me, watching their loved one die and unable to stop it. I need to help those people... so that they don't end up like me." 

Off for the night!

1 minute ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Yes. Because, somewhere out there, there's a child like me, watching their loved one die and unable to stop it. I need to help those people... so that they don't end up like me." 

“Then…why help me?”

20 hours ago, Weaver of Lies said:

“Then…why help me?”

He rubbed his brow in thought. "Because you're a person and people deserve to be helped." He said simply, looking up at her. 

Edited by Just-A-Stick
typo

6 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

He rubbed his brow in thought. "Because you're a person and people deserve to be helped." He said simply, looking up at her. 

“There’s a lot of us though. Why me in particular?”

Just now, Weaver of Lies said:

“There’s a lot of us though. Why me in particular?”

"You seemed the most urgent... and besides... I like you." He blushed slightly and looked down at his hands. 

Just now, Anguished_One said:

"How are you doing?" He asked, taking her hand gently in his, hoping he didn't overstep. 

She flinched slightly, but then tightened her grip on his hand, tight enough to hurt a little.

1 minute ago, Weaver of Lies said:

She flinched slightly, but then tightened her grip on his hand, tight enough to hurt a little.

"Shhh..." He said softly, letting his hand limp. "It's okay. You can let go. I didn't mean to scare you." 

8 minutes ago, Anguished_One said:

"Shhh..." He said softly, letting his hand limp. "It's okay. You can let go. I didn't mean to scare you." 

“It’s…ok.” She still didn’t loosen her grip.