My Turn... (an RP)

Edema Rue

Just now, Ookla the foolish said:

The other two men pause at the deaths of their comrades. They start to back up slowly.

Jacin jumps forward and grabs one of them in a choke-hold. "Don't move!" He says coldly to both of them, tightening his grip on the one in is arms, and moving out of the way of a swinging elbow. 

1 minute ago, Ookla-The-Stick said:

Jacin jumps forward and grabs one of them in a choke-hold. "Don't move!" He says coldly to both of them, tightening his grip on the one in is arms, and moving out of the way of a swinging elbow. 

The man drops his weapon, not moving.

2 hours ago, Ookla the foolish said:

“That’s all I’m asking for.” He motioned to Dilsha. “I can’t speak for her though.”

@Ookla the Believer

2 hours ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Sono appeared, from behind, holding some sort of triangle weapon

“If you go, and stay out of my way, we’ll let you live,” Dilsha said.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Believer said:

“She only speaks into people’s minds.”

". . ."

"Yeah, sure, okay . . ."

That's why she's acting so insane. She is insane, Will thought to himself.

Edited by Ookla the Magician

On 12/13/2023 at 12:14 AM, Ookla the Abstract said:

Loxy didn't get to eat a lot of food. The street urchin got most of her meals from discarded scraps or the occasional mild theft. She spent most of her days hungry, and while she was used to it, that didn't mean she'd turn down a free meal.

The man who offered her the bread was a strange character. He had some sort of fancy cane and formal clothes, but looked ragged. A trickle of blood ran out from between his lips. Had he been in a fight? She eyed him as she chewed the soft loaf. She would have run off with it, but he held a second loaf in his free hand that he didn't seem intent on eating.

"What's your story, child?"

Loxy frowned at the question. Strange thing for a stranger to ask, though she supposed that could be why they were called strangers. "Father left when I was real little, sir. Said he didn't want anything to do with me, and mother was long dead." This was true, though it was a practiced story. Another way she sometimes earned a meal: sympathy.

"You are alone?"

"Sure am. No family, and no one wants to deal with a kid." So many questions. She had better get that second bit of bread.

The man's cane began to glow then. Now that isn't right. Loxy made to back away, but then he said a word.

"Still."

Loxy felt her muscles go limp, and she fell to the ground, immobile. Fearful tears filled her eyes then. This isn't right. I... really ought to get away... The man approached her, and raised the cane. She closed her eyes, whimpering. She had just hoped for a meal...

---

Polton winced as he plunged his staff through the child's heart. A brisk energy shot up through it and into his body, casting out his pain and fatigue, revitalizing him. The girl's body was consumed by bright white flame as the last of her essence was absorbed. It left no trace, and he was sure enough that she would not be missed. He almost felt sorrowful as a new scream joined the rest that filled his mind. But no. He was past that. Just fuel. A necessary cost, to bring order.

@Ookla the Believer

Ah, I did see this! Thanks :) 

51 minutes ago, Ookla the Resolute said:

Says the one who silenced me

You are the one who took action against me, not the other way 

You provoked me.

4 minutes ago, Ookla of Ravens said:

"YA THINK?"

"I guess I'm not very observational."

Will moved over to Dilsha. He tapped her on the shoulder, hoping not to interrupt her 'mind conversation.' 

"Dilsha let's go somewhere else, okay? I think you might be unwell." @Ookla the Believer

Edited by Ookla the Magician

4 minutes ago, Ookla the Magician said:

"I guess I'm not very observational."

Will moved over to Dilsha. He tapped her on the shoulder, hoping not to interrupt her 'mind conversation.' 

"Dilsha let's go somewhere else, okay? I think you might be unwell." @Ookla the Believer

“I’m not unwell,” she snapped.