Transcription Requests

Zas678

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lift's interlude is a chapter included in the Steelhunt, it's not a reading he has done; and as such, it's only for people with Steelhunt codes (though the site staff seems to be working on some alternative solution). Once Team Sanderson gives us the green light, it will take about a minute to grab the interlude from the Steelhunt section of the site and copy it somewhere here.

EDIT: How up-to-date is the first post in this topic? If not very, can we get an update, so we know whether there are things for the grabs?

Edited by Argent

EDIT: How up-to-date is the first post in this topic? If not very, can we get an update, so we know whether there are things for the grabs?

The OP has never been updated and Zas has been out of comission for a year now (boy, is he going to have a lot of catch-up to do when he gets back next year).  The WoR readings all (well most actually) are in a single thread in the WoR subforum.  The rest, as well as Q&As, are all in the Events, Signings, and Stalkings subforum.  It would be a lot to combine links to all in a single thread.  Easier just to plug through it in the subforum.  At least it shows you what you've looked at and what you haven't. 

The lift reading is, unfortunately, AWOL since the man with the recording has apparently been extraordinarily busy.  I know where it began and ended, but I am giving him right of posting since he has the recording.  Don't hate me too much. :unsure: I shall seek to encourage him further.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here are my recordings of the the Q&A (25 min) and signing line (2:20) from the 1/24 Atlanta signing. Note that the recorder was placed between Brandon and Ben McSweeny, who was also at the signing, so some questions/conversations may have been directed at Ben.

Those links are to Google Drive, where they are uploaded as .wav files. If this doesn't work, I can try something else--just let me know.

The Q&A at least works fine, I am listening to it now. It's a little difficult to hear Brandon's answers, and the questions themselves even more so, but it definitely works.

It's way past midnight right now, so I am only going to try to transcribe answers potentially relevant to theories.

EDIT: Okay, nothing exciting from the Q&A. 

Edited by Argent

Thanks for going through it, especially so late at night. I agree that there were few theory-relevant answers in the Q&A. However, I do recall some interesting ones that would be worth getting the full transcription for later (possibly when the Jordancon people post their video, if it's too hard to hear in this recording). The two I remember noticing in particular were about how to make Horneater stew (it's based on a spicy Korean soup) and which actor inspired the aspect J.C. (Adam Baldwin, whose roles often have one or both of those initials, most memorably Jayne Cobb in Firefly).

If I have time this week I'll work on the transcripts, but we'll see.

• 2 months later...

I can take this one. I've got some free time before school starts back up.

EDIT- Here it is. If anyone wants to look over it before I post it, that'd be great. 

It's pretty interesting. Brandon mostly talked about why fantasy is important, about how it's maybe the most important genre out there, because it helps people understand one another in an accessible way. 

No cosmere stuff, but I lot of good Brandon talking. 

• 2 years later...