Brandon's latest video on the Windrunners

Oltux72

5 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

In case you haven't watched it:

Say the Words

It raises one question:

Who is Senna Holk? Presuming I heard the name correctly. And if so? And, if I heard correctly That Senna? If not, from the same place, where the name is common?

It says in the description what her name is. 

Get ready to dive into each of the Radiant Orders with Senne Khald (apprentice Worldsinger) as we near the Words of Radiance leatherbound crowdfunding campaign. Each week, you can expect a new journal entry focused on a different order from Senne. Meet back here every Tuesday to see the next entry.

This means we now know two of Hoid's three apprentices.

2 minutes ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

It says in the description what her name is. 

This means we now know two of Hoid's three apprentices.

Thanks. I should have read it. That said, Senne Khald ? Coincidence? Or common ethnicity? Remember that millenia have passed and reduction of a final vowel is fairly common a change.

7 minutes ago, Oltux72 said:

Thanks. I should have read it. That said, Senne Khald ? Coincidence? Or common ethnicity? Remember that millenia have passed and reduction of a final vowel is fairly common a change.

True.

I think it's too early to say if it is Senna. However... it could be really fun if it was. I hope we get more info from the other entries.

6 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

I wouldn't look to closely into it, it's more likely they're just similar names. I mean if this really is that Senna she'd already be pretty well traveled and at least somewhat familiar with Hoid, so why would she be so shocked that Hoid would ask her to prepare treatises on the different orders of Knights Radiant? It really seems like she's just an ordinary person on Roshar who became an apprentice Worldsinger.

6 hours ago, LuckyJim said:

I wouldn't look to closely into it, it's more likely they're just similar names. I mean if this really is that Senna she'd already be pretty well traveled and at least somewhat familiar with Hoid, so why would she be so shocked that Hoid would ask her to prepare treatises on the different orders of Knights Radiant? It really seems like she's just an ordinary person on Roshar who became an apprentice Worldsinger.

I doubt that she is an ordinary person on Roshar.

• This sounded like she was somewhat unfamiliar with the Knights Radiant
  • She knows Hoid as Hoid, while the Heralds refer to him as Midius

This sounds like a worldhopper composing these essays.

She said she is a brand new apprentice, I wouldn't expect her to be that Senna, who probably is someone pre-Shattering. But when does she write this? When is "6th Epoth, year 31?" 

4 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

I doubt that she is an ordinary person on Roshar.

• This sounded like she was somewhat unfamiliar with the Knights Radiant
  • She knows Hoid as Hoid, while the Heralds refer to him as Midius

This sounds like a worldhopper composing these essays.

Sigzil calls him "Master Hoid" too, OB ch 35

“No, not really.” It was about responsibility, but he had really not explained it well. Storms. Master Hoid had named him a full Worldsinger, and here he couldn’t even tell a story straight

So that sounds like Senne is native to Roshar just like Sig is. I disagree that she is unfamiliar with Radiants, at least more than others in current times - she doesn't like Windrunners for some reason. This dislike seems to be developed through interactions with Radiants, at least in my opinion. 

19 hours ago, alder24 said:

She said she is a brand new apprentice, I wouldn't expect her to be that Senna, who probably is someone pre-Shattering. But when does she write this? When is "6th Epoth, year 31?"

Round about, very roughly about 6000 years before Stormlight Archive. The very minimum is given by the time between Aharietiam and Stormlight Archive, which is given as 4500 years. And that means that the radiants must have still been demigods in an ordinary Rosharan's eyes. What she writes does not fit that.

2 hours ago, Oltux72 said:

Round about, very roughly about 6000 years before Stormlight Archive. The very minimum is given by the time between Aharietiam and Stormlight Archive, which is given as 4500 years. And that means that the radiants must have still been demigods in an ordinary Rosharan's eyes. What she writes does not fit that.

Oh, those Epochs. Thanks. 

Would they be still seen as demigods? We don't know when Radiants appeared for the fist time and when they were formalized into orders. But during the first Desolations Heralds were able to last for hundreds of years before breaking. So at worst Radiants would be present since previous Desolation, at best much earlier for hundreds of years. That's a lot of time for people to get accustomed to them.

Not to mention Senne is writing this with a more scientific approach. She not only describes their powers and roles, but focuses on personalities - that means she had to know many Radiants of all orders personally. When that happens they stop being that mistic and divine in your eyes.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2024 at 4:33 PM, AdonalsiumIsMyDad said:

The dustbringers video came out today. There’s a lot of implications that Senne herself has destructive powers similar to that of the dustbringers. Could be another hint she’s a worldhopper that uses investiture?

Not necessarily. This could be as simple as anyone who has ever accidentally hurt someone that they cared about and seeks self-mastery. One of the more transformative moments for me personally in the way I interact with people stems from when I accidentally said something that hurt a friend in high school and I saw it on their face. Since then I've slowed down a lot and thought through what I say. This extends also to anyone who has any sort of power through relationships, position, finances, etc. even if has nothing to do with Invested Arts. It's the people who look out and see jerks in the world and stop to ask "am I one of those jerks?" Dustbringers have a bad rep, but I see myself in this aspect of their ideals.