Painting Stormlight Miniatures

Here is Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor

IMG_2708.thumb.jpeg.58eb09913d1712586048f7bd9459800e.jpeg

lets break it down

This is the first model I do have an issue with. It’s a small thing. But on the other side of his head, his beard and collar of his shirt kind of meld. And it’s not clear where one ends and the other begins. But on the whole it was great

Base coat of Machanicus standard grey. The belt, boots and glove are Abaddon black with a dry brush of mechanicus standerd grey on the boot. The buttons and belt buckle is Balthasar gold. The uniform is macragge blue with a shade of tyran blue with a dry brush of Russ grey. The wood, including the floor bowl and ladle are rhinox hide with a shade of agrax and a dry brush of mournfang brown. The stud is simply bugsman glow. The hair is Mephiston red and a very light dry brush of trollslayer orange. The skin is Chadian flesh tone, shade of guilliman flesh, and a dry brush of kislev flesh.

Has anyone done thse but with just using the army painter speed painter base set?

i have some citadel paints but im still a noob and too much painting has put me off.

thinking the speed paints may help me get through quicker

thoughts?

On 2/3/2024 at 4:06 PM, Silver Phantom said:

Here is Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor

IMG_2708.thumb.jpeg.58eb09913d1712586048f7bd9459800e.jpeg

lets break it down

This is the first model I do have an issue with. It’s a small thing. But on the other side of his head, his beard and collar of his shirt kind of meld. And it’s not clear where one ends and the other begins. But on the whole it was great

Base coat of Machanicus standard grey. The belt, boots and glove are Abaddon black with a dry brush of mechanicus standerd grey on the boot. The buttons and belt buckle is Balthasar gold. The uniform is macragge blue with a shade of tyran blue with a dry brush of Russ grey. The wood, including the floor bowl and ladle are rhinox hide with a shade of agrax and a dry brush of mournfang brown. The stud is simply bugsman glow. The hair is Mephiston red and a very light dry brush of trollslayer orange. The skin is Chadian flesh tone, shade of guilliman flesh, and a dry brush of kislev flesh.

WOW!!! GOOD JOB!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE LOPEN!!!

:D 

<33

So let’s talk about The Lopen. Here is the first model I have some real issues with. They decided to do slave Lopen. So he is in rags and a jerkin. This is fine, but I have trouble finding interesting things to do with the model. I made the Jerkin dull green to match Sadeas’s army’s color. With Lopen being a slave, I did the rest of his clothes brown. I am just really unhappy with the end result. It’s just drab, but I don’t know how else to painted that makes sense for the slave outfit.

Anyway, here it is

IMG_2718.thumb.jpeg.8f6273ee180cfb2cad94a702cad6c990.jpeg 

2 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

So let’s talk about The Lopen. Here is the first model I have some real issues with. They decided to do slave Lopen. So he is in rags and a jerkin. This is fine, but I have trouble finding interesting things to do with the model. I made the Jerkin dull green to match Sadeas’s army’s color. With Lopen being a slave, I did the rest of his clothes brown. I am just really unhappy with the end result. It’s just drab, but I don’t know how else to painted that makes sense for the slave outfit.

Anyway, here it is

You still did really well! Good thing about paint, you can always repaint over it if you don’t like it. 

16 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

Anyway, here it is

*stare*

It's Lopen, so I'm happy! :D 

Good job! :D <33

• 4 weeks later...

Warning!!! Very miner spoilers for Yumi and the Nightmare painter 

Sorry this literally took a month, but here he is. You know him, you love him, you possible worship  him as every member of your pantheon. IIIIIITS! HOID!!!

Spoiler

IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.6fcf6dd543a8addb2d0f68570e914697.jpeg

Frozen as a statue!

I decided to go with this version of Hoid when I realized  I wanted these miniatures to be more me. Not saying that the others weren’t, but I wanted to put my spin on one, and this felt like the perfect one to do. Yumi is my favorite Brandon Sanderson book. I fell in love with it right away and I wanted miniatures for it. But since none have been announced this is the best I can do.

I will be trying to get a better photo. I need some new lighting stuff, but this is the best I could do for now

as for the paints and what I did to the model…

this is the first of the models I kitbashed (simply meaning that I altered the model before I painted it). I took off his sword and cut up a cheap necklace for the hooks. His original base was of him on stone floor and since the book is pretty clear that its wood floor in the shop, I got some wooded coffee stirrers and made a wood floor. I don’t love how the floor came out but I can always fix the base latter

The paint I used are as fallows

base spray paint coat of “mechanicus standdard grey”, Hoid is a “runelord brass” with a “reikland flesshshade” shade, and a “skullcrusher brass” dry brush. The planks are “rhinox hide” and a dry brush of “mornfang brown”. And the rim of the base is “abaddon black”

as alway all the paint I used is from citadel colours. I got the coffee stirrers from a Micheals, and the neckless I cut up from Hobby Lobby.

If you have any question just comment and please show off any of your stormlight miniatures you might be working on

1 hour ago, Silver Phantom said:

Warning!!! Very miner spoilers for Yumi and the Nightmare painter 

Sorry this literally took a month, but here he is. You know him, you love him, you possible worship  him as every member of your pantheon. IIIIIITS! HOID!!!

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.6fcf6dd543a8addb2d0f68570e914697.jpeg

Frozen as a statue!

I decided to go with this version of Hoid when I realized  I wanted these miniatures to be more me. Not saying that the others weren’t, but I wanted to put my spin on one, and this felt like the perfect one to do. Yumi is my favorite Brandon Sanderson book. I fell in love with it right away and I wanted miniatures for it. But since none have been announced this is the best I can do.

I will be trying to get a better photo. I need some new lighting stuff, but this is the best I could do for now

as for the paints and what I did to the model…

this is the first of the models I kitbashed (simply meaning that I altered the model before I painted it). I took off his sword and cut up a cheap necklace for the hooks. His original base was of him on stone floor and since the book is pretty clear that its wood floor in the shop, I got some wooded coffee stirrers and made a wood floor. I don’t love how the floor came out but I can always fix the base latter

The paint I used are as fallows

base spray paint coat of “mechanicus standdard grey”, Hoid is a “runelord brass” with a “reikland flesshshade” shade, and a “skullcrusher brass” dry brush. The planks are “rhinox hide” and a dry brush of “mornfang brown”. And the rim of the base is “abaddon black”

as alway all the paint I used is from citadel colours. I got the coffee stirrers from a Micheals, and the neckless I cut up from Hobby Lobby.

If you have any question just comment and please show off any of your stormlight miniatures you might be working on

That's so cool! 😃

I love the version of Hoid you went with! 😄

1 hour ago, Silver Phantom said:

What brand of paint do you use?

citadel colour. its what my old local store used to sell before i moved. i still have most of my old paints so that's why. yourself?

14 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

citadel colour. its what my old local store used to sell before i moved. i still have most of my old paints so that's why. yourself?

I use citadel as well.

depending on how long you have had your paint, they could have change how the metallic ones work. They change the recipe a few years ago

24 minutes ago, Silver Phantom said:

I use citadel as well.

depending on how long you have had your paint, they could have change how the metallic ones work. They change the recipe a few years ago

did they? i think mine are pre covid if that helps. i can check a bit later when i get back home.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished Navani. And this is my new favorite model 

Spoiler

IMG_2836.thumb.jpeg.a8a2785ae96289e1b95deb89ac503331.jpegIMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.dd659d550d79e9b9de5927d553c93484.jpeg

It looks darker than it is but lighting is a pain so what ever. 

Anyway this was a really fun one to paint. I based it on my mom’s costume from dragon steel and will be sending it to her as her birthday present. 

The paints are as follows 

as always a base coat of Mechanicus Standard grey. The gloves, hair, boots, and rim of base is Abaddon black. All gold is Retributor Armour with a shade of Reikland Fleshshade. The satchel is Rhinox Hide, shade of Agrax Earthshade, and dry brush of Mournfang Brown. Her skin is Knight-Questor Flesh, shade of Reikland Fleshshade. Finally all the red is a base of Mephistopheles red, then I put a layer of the contrast paint blood angels red to give depths. I put several layers of it on the deepest folds of the back of you cloak, to really give it depths. I then hit it with a high lit of dry brushing Evil Sunz Scarlet

13 minutes ago, Silver Phantom said:

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_2836.thumb.jpeg.a8a2785ae96289e1b95deb89ac503331.jpegIMG_2835.thumb.jpeg.dd659d550d79e9b9de5927d553c93484.jpeg

Anyway this was a really fun one to paint. I based it on my mom’s costume from dragon steel and will be sending it to her as her birthday present. 

as always a base coat of Mechanicus Standard grey. The gloves, hair, boots, and rim of base is Abaddon black. All gold is Retributor Armour with a shade of Reikland Fleshshade. The satchel is Rhinox Hide, shade of Agrax Earthshade, and dry brush of Mournfang Brown. Her skin is Knight-Questor Flesh, shade of Reikland Fleshshade. Finally all the red is a base of Mephistopheles red, then I put a layer of the contrast paint blood angels red to give depths. I put several layers of it on the deepest folds of the back of you cloak, to really give it depths. I then hit it with a high lit of dry brushing Evil Sunz Scarlet

That's so well made! How?! 😂

7 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

Reveal hidden contents

WOW!

It looks so good! ❤️❤️❤️ 

26 minutes ago, Silver Phantom said:

Thanks😅

Just lots of practice and a good audio book in the background

I wish I had the time to teach myself to paint minis. What audiobook did you play?

9 hours ago, Silver Phantom said:

Hide contents

she looks soooo gooood!!!!