Tentalus - was a mortal who was being punished for killing his son and feeding him to the gods. His punishment was that he was supposed to stand in a deep pool of water underneath a low hanging branch of a fruit tree for eternity with a burning thirst and aching hunger. Every time he leaned down to get a sip of water the water receded. Every time he reached up to grab some fruit the tree grew so he couldn’t reach. He has to spend eternity desperately hungry and thirsty surrounded by water and fruit but he can never get it.  that was the most random punishment.

2 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

Tentalus - was a mortal who was being punished for killing his son and feeding him to the gods. His punishment was that he was supposed to stand in a deep pool of water underneath a low hanging branch of a fruit tree for eternity with a burning thirst and aching hunger. Every time he leaned down to get a sip of water the water receded. Every time he reached up to grab some fruit the tree grew so he couldn’t reach. He has to spend eternity desperately hungry and thirsty surrounded by water and fruit but he can never get it.  that was the most random punishment.

hmmm...that was a good one. I think Sisyphus's boulder was pretty random though 😅

On 1/12/2024 at 6:30 AM, RoyalBeeMage said:

haha. ok quick question to guide the conversation. what was the most random punishment delived by hades to people in the field of punishment. 

The chair of forgetfulness

Bro just sits there and takes a big think for eternity because Hades was annoyed

It was Theseus' best buddy who got stuck though

I forgot his name

It was super funny because Theseus got rescued by Hercules but the other guy just got left there, marking the end of the best bromance of all time 😔

Edited by Supreme Leader

• 3 weeks later...

This isn't a Hades punishment but it was quite a punishment. A guy named Erysichthon tried to chop down some of Demeter's sacred tree so she cursed him to always be hungry so the guy sold everything including his daughter to buy food kind of the opposite of Tantalus.

Edited by Highprince10

Hey all! I just now found out that this exists! I am an avid Greek Myth nerd, and try to work in as much Greek Mythology as I can in any of my creations. I mean, I named myself Athene IRL, sooooooo... 

I have gotten into writing poems after quarantine, and a lot of them a Greek myth oriented. In fact, I've posted my Greek inspired poems in the Creator's Corner!

Here's the link, for those interested!

I've also done my best to incorporate Greek Myths in my characters over in the Alleyverse (Check it out if you haven't already!!). As a fun little game, without looking it up, do you know the references to my characters and why I picked those names?

• Perses (not Perseus! :P)-My first character, is now the destructive pseudo-inquisitor that is the main villain
  • Clotho-An older, now retired character that was an A-Gold savant
  • Chloris-An ex-Edgedancer that is now a midnight essence spore eater
  • Minthe-The manipulative midnight spore that has infected Chloris
  • Arges (not Argus)-A minor NPC pewterarm that secretly loves geeking out about medieval weaponry

Edited by Koloss17

5 hours ago, Koloss17 said:

Perses (not Perseus! :P)-My first character, is now the destructive pseudo-inquisitor that is the main villain

titan of evil? ruin? it was something like that.

Clotho-An older, now retired character that was an A-Gold savant

one of the fates

Minthe-The manipulative midnight spore that has infected Chloris

was she an underworld nymph associated with the river Cocytus. i might have gotten the river wrong

Chloris-An ex-Edgedancer that is now a midnight essence spore eater

a nymph goddess of flowers? i don't really remember her to much

• Arges (not Argus)-A minor NPC pewterarm that secretly loves geeking out about medieval weaponry

was he one of the three cyclopses who forges Zues's lightning bolts

16 minutes ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

titan of evil? ruin? it was something like that.

one of the fates

was she an underworld nymph associated with the river Cocytus. i might have gotten the river wrong

a nymph goddess of flowers? i don't really remember her to much

was he one of the three cyclopses who forges Zues's lightning bolts

Spoiler

Listen here, you! I already showed you this little quiz via DMs. That’s cheating :P.