Portable Rithmatic lines

Let's say a Rithmatist drew a line of forbiddance on a piece of paper. theoretically, couldn't they pick up that paper and move the line? Does the line still point up, or does it stay perpendicular with the paper? Is this applicable in any way? Are there ideas I'm missing?

48 minutes ago, Pineap-spider said:

Let's say a Rithmatist drew a line of forbiddance on a piece of paper. theoretically, couldn't they pick up that paper and move the line? Does the line still point up, or does it stay perpendicular with the paper? Is this applicable in any way? Are there ideas I'm missing?

It does not work quite that way. WoBs:

Spoiler

KalynaAnne

If you drew a Line of Forbiddance on, like, a slate and then you can hold the slate--

Brandon Sanderson

Moving stuff around starts playing with things. So I'm going to say, I will deal with that in the next book but it doesn't work how you want it to work.

KalynaAnne

Okay, I'll accept that answer.

Brandon Sanderson

For logistical reasons, when I was building the magic, I was "Ehhh, we've got to not have this be possible."

Shadows of Self release party (Oct. 5, 2015)

Questioner

If you were to draw a Line of Forbiddance on a portable chalkboard, could you actually knock somebody overside the head?

Brandon Sanderson

It wouldn't knock them over the head, because it kinda has the magnetic repulsion sort of thing, but we will get into moving things as we go further in the series.

Oathbringer Houston signing (Nov. 18, 2017)

However, you might be able to do interesting things with other lines on differing mediums. WoB:

Spoiler

KalynaAnne

If a Line of Vigor is moving from concrete onto asphalt, is it changing?

Brandon Sanderson

It's going to act like light transferring to a new medium.

KalynaAnne

So it refracts?

Brandon Sanderson

It's going to-- Yeah, it's going to refract.

KalynaAnne

So it changes speed as it moves?

Brandon Sanderson

Yep. So you get a different wavelength, or whatever, once transfers onto a new medium.

Firefight Atlanta signing (Jan. 24, 2015)

Refraction, reflection, and deflection should all apply (at least to some Lines).