I would love this but after how Children of the Nameless was treated by Wizards it doesn’t look likely. For those of you who don’t know the deal was Brandon would write the story for Wizards they would provide it for free and if they ever sold a physical copy the profits would go to a charity of Brandon’s choice. Wizards took the story down without notifying him so I’m not sure how their relationship is. Brandon’s also said I believe he would love to write a fantasy novel in an original plane and then design a whole set after the novel with the Wizard’s design team. I would love both of those collaborations to still happen though. An entirely draftable set would be fantastic honestly.

On 1/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, Sauron Sackville-Baggins said:

As I'm sure over half of the people on 17th Shard are aware, Magic the Gathering has been collaborating with a number of fandoms (Lord of the Rings, Warhammer 40k, Dr. Who, etc.) Seeing as Brandon has collaborated with Wizards before, is it too much to hope for a Cosmere set...?

Not a fan of Universes Beyond at all* and as much as I love Cosmere, I would not want to see this (especially since I very much doubt that WotC could do any one section of the Cosmere well - much less an amalgam of all of it).

Edit: If it were to happen anyway, I would be happier if it was worldbuilding only (e. g. Set in Roshar, maybe pre-Recreance but not specifically Stormlight Archive) rather than characters and stories we know. . . 

*Note

Spoiler

If they had been some other border - then maybe not so bad, like the early versions that were SIlver Bordered. UB should have it's own border color, so that playgroups can use or avoid as they see fit, but it does not default as "legal" for either Silver or Black bordered games.

Edited by Treamayne
Worldbuilding

• 1 month later...

I'm too lazy to look up the exact quote but at Dragonsteel 2023 someone asked about it and Brandon said something along the lines of "A few years ago they reached out to me about a magic the gathering collab and I said yes, but that was the time when Magic was reaching out to a lot of people (like Lord of the Rings) so Brandon assumes that he got put on the backburner while they made crossovers with more popular brands. He said if they reached out he would be willing to work something out but hasn't heard anything from them in a while." I think its a matter of when not if but I tend to be optimistic about how successful the cosmere will be in the coming years, if we get cosmere movies I think that will only make it more likely. 

Edited by Elite01