Question 2

TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Also guys, on the Home page, down at the bottom, there's a link that shows you todays top Posters.

attachicon.gifTop Posters Today.JPG

Just you three make up 40% of the Site's Posts. And we wonder why we had to make a second thread.

Haha, well to be fair I've always been pretty high up on that list even before the RP started, I just like this forum :P

I wouldn't mind seeing NH meet the twins, and combined they could probably handle themselves alright against him.

After this

he showed them various shots of Nighthound

he just has to walk up to them, which means Lightwards gets a 1o1 with Lucentia.

But since CorpseMaker isn't long for this world, clearly I should start grooming Lightwards to take up his badchull mantle. And that means frightening the staff. :P

As we've seen before though, Lightwards gets a little more frightening the more insecure he's feeling. And since his argument with Funtimes left him feeling more powerless then he's felt in a very long time... well, anyone who doesn't have some form of protection from him should probably tread lightly around him for a while. :o

The assumption that Lightwards will ever hold a position of true power is kind of cute. :P

And now it's time for the twelfth annual Oregon Pick-up Line Tournament! Our first contestant is the Epic known as Backtrack, competing against the infamous creepy McCreeperton, Nighthound!

The rules are simple: each contestant will try their best pick-up line on our two judges, Impact and MV. Their efforts will be rated on a scale of 1-10.

Backtrack strode up to the judges with a confident grin plastered over his face. "Say baby," he said with a wink. "You must be tired, because you've been running through my mind all night."

Impact and MV groaned before holding up signs with solid black "1s" painted on them.

Next up, Nighthound walked up to the pair, leaning over them with with a fang-baring smirk. "Hello ladies," he drawled, "you must be tired, 'cuz you've been running through my mind all night."

The pair began to lift the same signs when Nighthound spoke again:

"Running and screaming the whole time," he added with a fiendish grin.

And that concludes the twelfth annual Oregon Pick-up Line Tournament! Backtrack is declared the winner with a score of 2 points, defeating his rival by a landslide. Nighthound goes down in history as the first contestant in history to receive negative 20 points.

I belive Backtrack just delivered him an even better pick up line. ;)

Yeah, Aldo's a rather pushy individual. And he's the worst kind of pushy--someone who will keep steering you towards his will with a firm hand but a charming smile plastered on his face the whole time.

So... Backtrack's heading to The Dalles now, so you're set up for Koshei flashbacks when the time comes.

He´s still probably the most charming person in the RP, so there is that. :P

I wonder who else is going to get flashbacks like this.

Yeah I wasn't counting on them watching Nighthound with Ray, his regular creepiness they could handle and just keep shoving him into walls, but they're not really used to stuff like that :/

And because of the clear distress on their faces, Backtrack just made them even more interesting for Nighthound. These two were really made to be each others evil wingman.

I'm not sure why but I kind of really like Backtrack, he's just as vulnerable as all the vanilla's in the museum but with less chance of defending himself, I just feel really sorry for him, even outweighing the massive creepy vibes he puts off around the twins :P

Yeah... Backtrack's kind of a sad and pathetic man. He used to be a good-hearted sci-fi geek who avoided any kind of human contact. Nowadays he's a completely apathetic person who desperately tries to look cool in front of everyone he he meets.

If Intervention attacked him, you would hear the drunken soliloquy to end all drunken soliloquy's. :P

I feel bad for Thoughttown's Epics because they want to keep Portland around an intact. But our goal is the destruction, so they're fighting a losing battle. I do hope that at least a couple of them will be able to survive and maybe keep a small part of the city safe.

Maybe Upgrade could supercharge Sightline, allowing him to carry part of Portland out of Oregon and into safety? Serious suggestion, because that would be awesome.

Alright, I've found Icons for my 4 POV's. Feedback please:

CorpseMaker:             Sightline:            Murphy:               Gordon:

attachicon.gifCorpseMaker.JPG     attachicon.gifSightline2.JPG  attachicon.gifMurphy.png  attachicon.gifGordon.JPG

I use the Word Alright too much, don't I?

Speaking of awesome. :D I love those!

He is pretty nice, now to put Backtrack to the ultimate test, how does he react in the face of true evil.

Kobold any wishes for a Lightwards Lucentia conversation?

I get the feeling we'll find out very soon, once he gets a glimpse of Koschei. :o

Lightwards is about to go into town to run some errands. She's welcome to come along and talk to them as he does so. Or he could talk to her first and reach some sort of agreement. It's your choice.

I get the feeling we'll find out very soon, once he gets a glimpse of Koschei. :o

Lightwards is about to go into town to run some errands. She's welcome to come along and talk to them as he does so. Or he could talk to her first and reach some sort of agreement. It's your choice.

I was more talking about Nighthound, I just finished his segment and I might get my nightmares early. :o

The town sounds good to mee, she still needs to pick up a new dress anyway. :P

I was more talking about Nighthound, I just finished his segment and I might get my nightmares early. :o

The town sounds good to mee, she still needs to pick up a new dress anyway. :P

Whoops. There are so many sources of true evil in this RP I got them mixed up. :o

Yep, Lightwards is heading to the zombie tailor's shop and to a bakery.

Lightwards can make even running errands sinister. :o

There are indeed a lot of sources of evil in this RP. Are you sure you want to torment Backtrack with Nighthound just a few hours before he meets Koschei? ;):o

Also, Aldo more charming than Funtimes?

He had such a snazzy mustache and it would be a shame to cover his chest in acid burns.

...Okay, good point. :P

Lightwards can make even running errands sinister. :o

There are indeed a lot of sources of evil in this RP. Are you sure you want to torment Backtrack with Nighthound just a few hours before he meets Koschei? ;):o

Also, Aldo more charming than Funtimes?

...Okay, good point. :P

Don´t think of it as errands, think of it as an evil shopping date, :P

Well, earlier his most probable target was Sam, thanks to the visions it is now the twins and he is standing right next to them. (Plus the scene is already written. :P)

Let me say it like this, I would prefer sharing a drink with Aldo over Funtimes. ;)

Don´t think of it as errands, think of it as an evil shopping date, :P

Well, earlier his most probable target was Sam, thanks to the visions it is now the twins and he is standing right next to them. (Plus the scene is already written. :P)

Let me say it like this, I would prefer sharing a drink with Aldo over Funtimes. ;)

A shopping date OF evil, or a shopping date WITH evil? :P

Poor twins. And Backtrack. I'm starting to feel kind of sorry for him, telling Koschei's side of the story through him. Especially since he'll have already met Nighthound.

That's probably wise. She might turn your drink into the most delicious parfait you've ever tasted, or she might turn your shirt to acid when she learns you're Nighthound's writer. :P

Poor twins. And Backtrack. I'm starting to feel kind of sorry for him, telling Koschei's side of the story through him. Especially since he'll have already met Nighthound.

That's probably wise. She might turn your drink into the most delicious parfait you've ever tasted, or she might turn your shirt to acid when she learns you're Nighthound's writer. :P

Um, both? :P

I get the feeling that it'll be Backtrack's turn to be physically sick when he sees into Koschei's head.

(On that note, Voidus' comment about Backtrack kind of raised a bit more pity for the character. Backtrack might end up dead, but if I can find a way to do so reasonably, he might also be redeemed. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.)

I'm the one who wrote "Lightwards punched Traveler," so I think I'll stay far away from Funtimes. :P

Um, both? :P

I get the feeling that it'll be Backtrack's turn to be physically sick when he sees into Koschei's head.

(On that note, Voidus' comment about Backtrack kind of raised a bit more pity for the character. Backtrack might end up dead, but if I can find a way to do so reasonably, he might also be redeemed. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.)

I'm the one who wrote "Lightwards punched Traveler," so I think I'll stay far away from Funtimes. :P

You know what might be cool? Since it looks like Timeport is going to do away with most of the Reckoners, it might be cool if Funtimes and her vanillas became the new Reckoners. Backtrack could be their Conflux.

She might show you both mercy if you outlined your plans to off both of them. :P

I´m with Kobold on that one. :P

Yeah, this is one of the moments, where I regret making him this evil/creepy. :(

Couldn´t even blame her. :( But I can suply her with various karmic death-scenes to redeem myself. :)

Someone like Backtrack would be exccedingly valuable to any Reckoner cell.

Edited by Edgedancer

I really really want to throw a car at him right about now but I'm not entirely sure which way the twins would go with it, they might just freeze up.
Or they might accidentally detonate some hidden explosives and destroy the entire museum, which is probably not a great idea for the whackos right now.

I really really want to throw a car at him right about now but I'm not entirely sure which way the twins would go with it, they might just freeze up.

Or they might accidentally detonate some hidden explosives and destroy the entire museum, which is probably not a great idea for the whackos right now.

A fair warning, as much as I would love the car it would mostly amuse Nighthound and you do not want to amuse Nighthound. Honestly, for the twins freezing up would most likely be the safest course of action.

Nonsense, explosives make everything better. :P

You know what might be cool? Since it looks like Timeport is going to do away with most of the Reckoners, it might be cool if Funtimes and her vanillas became the new Reckoners. Backtrack could be their Conflux.

That would be really incredibly awesome. :D

That would be kind of harmful, yes. :P

I was going to have Backtrack grab their hands and drag them to the exit while Nighthound's distracted. Is that fine?

Actually on second thought, PP will be standing right next to them looking for Nighthound, he's trying to find Ray to apologize about the whole trying to kill her thing but if he sees Nighthound with the twins he'd probably intervene.

That would be really incredibly awesome. :D

That would be kind of harmful, yes. :P

I was going to have Backtrack grab their hands and drag them to the exit while Nighthound's distracted. Is that fine?

We have (yet another) sequel hook!

With an effective distraction, sure go ahead.

We have (yet another) sequel hook!

With an effective distraction, sure go ahead.

I'm going to go ahead and write that, then. Purple Phoenix could cover their escape if Nighthound tries to follow.

"Being stopped from creeping out two beautiful twins made Nighthound so angry he couldn't breathe. His lungs, which hated him as much as anyone reading his scenes, asked permission from Nighthound's writer to simply quit their job. Permission was granted, and Nighthound died." :P

You had me at "and Nighthound died." :P