The Hunger Games Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

Sigh. I think this was the first time that I wasn’t first to sign up.

Also, I haven’t read Alcatraz, but in theory it’ll end up fine…………..?

YOU SHOULD READ ALCATRAZ!

Just the first book should be enough, and the book is fairly short all things considered 

1 minute ago, Aeoryi said:

YOU SHOULD READ ALCATRAZ!

Just the first book should be enough, and the book is fairly short all things considered 

I very well may. 

But probably not until the after games start and I finish my SA reread.

1 hour ago, Aeoryi said:

I mean I would prefer if the GMs reserved "lightning smite" style deaths (where the GMs directly kill characters without them standing a chance) until later, because people should at least be able to expect not to die within the first 72 hours

People need to pay attention to how they may be perceived by others 

But trike that’s the whole point of the games. Death. Without a chance. In the actual books, their is literally a lighting strike designed to kill people.

14 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

But trike that’s the whole point of the games. Death. Without a chance. In the actual books, their is literally a lighting strike designed to kill people.

And also more than half usually die within the first 72 hours.

58 minutes ago, ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ said:

<Death! and lots of it!>

As I've previously said, I am not going to continue arguing the same point.

52 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

And also more than half usually die within the first 72 hours.

Very true. We usually avoid a bloodbath so people enjoy the games more, we have taken to avoiding early death for the purpose of letting people get excited and choosing when it’s the right time for their character arc to end. We rarely find ourselves making it so the characters have zero chance of survival with zero reason for implementing the action. It is rarely our choice for the character to die. We simply play it is as if the game makers had the characters fate in their hands at all times, which we could, but we do no abuse our power. :) that’s part of the reason there is no real prize for winning, so people come for the role play and the story, not the win or the prize. 

19 minutes ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Very true. We usually avoid a bloodbath so people enjoy the games more, we have taken to avoiding early death for the purpose of letting people get excited and choosing when it’s the right time for their character arc to end. We rarely find ourselves making it so the characters have zero chance of survival with zero reason for implementing the action. It is rarely our choice for the character to die. We simply play it is as if the game makers had the characters fate in their hands at all times, which we could, but we do no abuse our power. :) that’s part of the reason there is no real prize for winning, so people come for the role play and the story, not the win or the prize. 

Tbh the real prize is completing your character arcs or doing what you wanted to do

(Hence why I think having a leaderboard is a bit... Strange given the circumstances)

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

It’s not very good, but I did some art of the Bobs in a happy time that never actually happened:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.c9bb0a0db538442bd7f74367bc915c19.jpg

Aww, happy characters...

I want to break them.

1 minute ago, Edema Rue said:

Aww, happy characters...

I want to break them.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you did. The bad news is that you did.

Except Sunny Bob, who will probably never be broken. And right now Rich and Tough Bob are happy and in love but…

Yeah…

Tragedy!

any advice on what a good talent should be. i was thinking of a talent of a weeping angel from doctor who. unale to move when someone looks at me. it would also give a small bit of defence. also will any of the other magic systems from the book appere?

edit 1: can i stick my new character into a district and almost ignore my old character just to start showing some of there skills and create some relationships between him and other characters that will be in the arena?

@SmilingPanda19 @Edema Rue @Invisible @more but i forgot who else is a gm this time round.

Edited by RoyalBeeMage

9 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

any advice on what a good talent should be. i was thinking of a talent of a weeping angel from doctor who. unale to move when someone looks at me. it would also give a small bit of defence. also will any of the other magic systems from the book appere?

edit 1: can i stick my new character into a district and almost ignore my old character just to start showing some of there skills and create some relationships between him and other characters that will be in the arena?

@SmilingPanda19 @Edema Rue @Invisible @more but i forgot who else is a gm this time round.

You can, but don't use the Talent quite yet, since it hasn't been approved :) 

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

You can, but don't use the Talent quite yet, since it hasn't been approved :) 

Can I expand my character's talent to be able to rot wood and other organic plant matter.

3 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

Can I expand my character's talent to be able to rot wood and other organic plant matter.

You can, though make sure you keep in mind that it’ll probably rot food and wooden tools too. 

15 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

You can, though make sure you keep in mind that it’ll probably rot food and wooden tools too. 

Okay

Don't mind my new pfp it's totally not cursed trust me 

M'kay so I have a question . . .

you guys are currently doing the district thing right? The beginning of each one has numbers for the districts that became each quarter, but I haven't read the books so I don't know what the numbers mean. Would anyone be able to give me a quick idea of the condition of each quarter? if not I'll just try and google stuff.

i've kind of been ignoreing the quarter numbers as i don't think they matter at this point. if you want a basic condition  the first post in every district will have all the info you should need i think.

27 minutes ago, justice magician said:

M'kay so I have a question . . .

you guys are currently doing the district thing right? The beginning of each one has numbers for the districts that became each quarter, but I haven't read the books so I don't know what the numbers mean. Would anyone be able to give me a quick idea of the condition of each quarter? if not I'll just try and google stuff.

Condition in what way? Like, each is kind of a big, poor city, the one with districts 1-3 is probably the richest.

22 hours ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

It’s not very good, but I did some art of the Bobs in a happy time that never actually happened:

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.jpg.c9bb0a0db538442bd7f74367bc915c19.jpg

Yay!

20 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

That would be me (the other gm this time, I mean)!

On 1/21/2024 at 9:18 PM, RoyalBeeMage said:

Have you read Alcatraz? If you haven't, I highly recommend reading it (at least the first book), since it has the best examples of what a smedry talent is.

19 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

Condition in what way? Like, each is kind of a big, poor city, the one with districts 1-3 is probably the richest.

19 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

i've kind of been ignoreing the quarter numbers as i don't think they matter at this point. if you want a basic condition  the first post in every district will have all the info you should need i think.

As in level of wealth, yeah. Thanks for the info!

29 minutes ago, Scars of Hathsin said:

I am back, It is so cool to come back to a hunger games sub forum... but there is so much... could someone tell me where to start.

@ΨιτιsτηεΒέsτ@Invisible@SmilingPanda19

If you’re interested in playing in the next games, there’s a signup thread! You can also look at the district threads, Panda’s original posts explain quite a bit about the overall world, and there should be a thread about the GM’s coming whenever @SmilingPanda19 does that (no pressure my dear)