The Hunger Games Chat Thread

Just now, The Stormfather said:

Well, actually Mark would have no way of knowing you were an Awakener unless you attacked me with Awakening.

That's true, lol

Just now, J. Magi said:

That's true, lol

He'll also probably be terrified because he doesn't know what Awakening is. Lol. He was in a mine his whole life, he doesn't know about anything other than the metallic arts and radiants. (He met a skybreaker who tried to free him.)

Two days, 21 pages. How did this even happen? 

Anyway, I'm lost. Can somebody summarize whatever happened so I can figure out what Tondon would have been doing? 

I'll do my best to post regularly, but I have a lot of homework to do. 

Just now, Dragonheir said:

Anyway, I'm lost. Can somebody summarize whatever happened so I can figure out what Tondon would have been doing? 

Ah, sorry…yeah, these games are somewhat infamous for moving incredibly quickly. 

Read my first post to get a lay of the land. Besides that, there’s currently a highstorm going on, so your character should find some sort of shelter. Does that help?

3 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Yeah, as Eddie said it can move really fast. 

I guarantee you though that most of it is just character movement and interaction, which you don't really need to know about in detail--this is coming from someone who used to jump in after the first few days for every new HG. What you missed won't really matter in the long run, don't worry!!

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

there’s currently a highstorm going on

Um what?! That can't be good...

5 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

I guarantee you though that most of it is just character movement and interaction, which you don't really need to know about in detail--this is coming from someone who used to jump in after the first few days for every new HG. What you missed won't really matter in the long run, don't worry!!

Ok. Tondon will probably sulk around till he finds some duralumin anyway, so I don't need to worry about retrospective alliances. 

Thanks, both of you! 

2 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

Um what?! That can't be good...

Ok. Tondon will probably sulk around till he finds some duralumin anyway, so I don't need to worry about retrospective alliances. 

Thanks, both of you! 

Okay, perfect! Post whenever you have time, but preferably more often, since characters will start dying pretty soon, and it’s kind of unfair for inactive people to always be the ones who survive. I totally get scheduling though, I’ll be at FSY all of next week (THIS IS WHY WE HAVE FIVE GM’S) so don’t stress too much.

6 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

I’ll be at FSY all of next week

Have fun! I’m going later. I’m still in school :(

1 minute ago, Dragonheir said:

I'll write my post right now, and try to do so at least once a day (but I have homework to do right now, so I can't guaranty that). 

Homework first is a good priority.

9 minutes ago, Dragonheir said:

I'll write my post right now, and try to do so at least once a day (but I have homework to do right now, so I can't guaranty that). 

Sounds good!

6 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Have fun! I’m going later. I’m still in school :(

Homework first is a good priority.

I get out Thursday. I’m so scudding done with it.

20 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Wouldn’t spores raining in a swamp react immediately? (Random spikes and vines and such)

Yup. So a lot of it is swampy, but many places aren’t. The places that aren’t are safe enough, but the swampy areas are deadly. At the moment, only verdant spores are falling. 

Could someone catch me up real quick? As far as I know, the verdant spores have been falling for like 5 mins. (For my character) Also, I’m totally willing to fight or  team up if anyone wants to interact. 

Edited by LightRinger
Clarity

4 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Could someone catch me up real quick? As far as I know, the verdant spores have been falling for like 5 mins. (For my character) Also, I’m totally willing to fight or  team up if anyone wants to interact. 

The verdant spores stopped falling, then it rained for a minute, now it’s night and getting cold. 

Yes! Please fight!

5 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

What weapons do you have?

4 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

None. I do have about five minutes of stored Fortune, but I can Compound. 

Good to know for later, I’m slinking away

Sorry for this late reply, but any major changes in environment like temperatures, high storms, etc. for any of the hunger games should hopefully be bolder so those are most important but after that it is unlikely you’ll need to know the rest unless you like the lore. I also suggest reading the GMHQ stuff because often times it affects the games directly. @Dragonheir

@Dragonheir, I was halibut fishing. Normally I do it with my family later in the summer on a Zodiac (basically a life raft with a motor), but my grandparents are in town so we took a charter so it was a bit easier and more comfortable. I caught two, which is the most you can get in one day, and one of them was decent. 35-40 pounds, around 3 1/2 feet long. I live in Alaska, so we’re fishing in the ocean not a lake. That’s also why my time zones are a bit different. 

7 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

@Dragonheir, I was halibut fishing. Normally I do it with my family later in the summer on a Zodiac (basically a life raft with a motor), but my grandparents are in town so we took a charter so it was a bit easier and more comfortable. I caught two, which is the most you can get in one day, and one of them was decent. 35-40 pounds, around 3 1/2 feet long. I live in Alaska, so we’re fishing in the ocean not a lake. That’s also why my time zones are a bit different. 

Nice! Those are pretty big fish, at least compared to the ones I've seen. Are you going to cook the halibut? 

Your profile says you were in Alaska (I was trying to figure out which time zone you'd be awake). I'm in New England, so it's around 2:00 for me.