The Hunger Games Chat Thread

30 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

I love how we’re going through the third revolution against the Capitol to stop the games, but also planning the next one at the same time. They’re doomed to follow the path of their predecessors. 

I've planned out an in-world reason for why this happens, at least this time around.

Basically the revolution led to a civil war, and then a split, with the outer districts in the east forming their own nation that ends up doing better, because, you know, not a dystopia.

But the western districts dissolve into chaos after the war, leading to another dystopia where the games are more commonplace.

I'll make a final post in the Cosmere Hunger Games about it soon.

54 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

I love how we’re going through the third revolution against the Capitol to stop the games, but also planning the next one at the same time. They’re doomed to follow the path of their predecessors. 

Well, The House at least is pretty corrupt, just because management is changing doesn't mean things will get better.

21 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I've planned out an in-world reason for why this happens, at least this time around.

Basically the revolution led to a civil war, and then a split, with the outer districts in the east forming their own nation that ends up doing better, because, you know, not a dystopia.

But the western districts dissolve into chaos after the war, leading to another dystopia where the games are more commonplace.

I'll make a final post in the Cosmere Hunger Games about it soon.

Sounds good to me, I didn't expect the House to occupy authority for very long (seeing as I murdered their leader *cough*).

Do we have any idea of how large the time skip will be?

4 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Do we have any idea of how large the time skip will be?

Between the end of the most recent games and Tinker's final scene, somewhere between 5 and 20 years. I haven't decided completely yet.

But between the end of this game and the start of the next? We can decide that later. It could be as little as two or three years, or closer to ten. However long it would take for a new evil government to organize over the remaining districts and subjugate them.

10 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

Between the end of the most recent games and Tinker's final scene, somewhere between 5 and 20 years. I haven't decided completely yet.

But between the end of this game and the start of the next? We can decide that later. It could be as little as two or three years, or closer to ten. However long it would take for a new evil government to organize over the remaining districts and subjugate them.

Alrighty. I just need to know because I have a family tree to plan out and of course my next character will be related.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I might start making my own family tree... depending on how the next games go.

heheheheehehehehehehee

The mcdonald one is so big already . . .

2 hours ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I might start making my own family tree... depending on how the next games go.

see i might... i dont know if i will. the roy tree is wierd but i could make a hg exception just for well the hg's

1 hour ago, Lotus Blossom said:

oh wait for a final post?

did @The Stormfather have a grand finale yet? bc astra's will very much link with his

He said he was done, but it wasn’t a super dramatic post. Not saying it has to be, of course, but…

• Edema Rue unpinned and pinned this topic
9 minutes ago, Edema Rue said:

And so it ends…

what a ride my dudes

😭 ITS FINALLY DONE

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING YOU DID EDDIE IT WAS AMAZING!!

Thanks to everybody who worked with me on this!! It was a ton of fun, as always.

12 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

Also, we had an absolute BOATLOAD of GM drama. We had the whole thing with Victor and Siylna, and…oh chasms that was all so fun. But it was a lot.

1 minute ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Yeah, does seem a bit wrong. 

Threnody also happened when people were a lot less busy.

Still, size matters not. I maintain that Stormlit is the best games.

I agree. it was relatively quick, had lots of cool characters and GM drama and radiants make the games interesting with shardblades and surgebinding.

Just now, Lord Spirit said:

I agree. it was relatively quick, had lots of cool characters and GM drama and radiants make the games interesting with shardblades and surgebinding.

Yeah.

Hopefully the next games can live up to that wonder.