The Hunger Games Chat Thread

ANNOUNCEMENT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have a map of the continent these games have been taking place on. Note that this covers an area slightly smaller than North America. I don't have an exact scale.

Spoiler

HGWorldMap.thumb.jpg.2a062b78d71be466ddab5c3278a7c9ef.jpg

And...could that be...there in the corner...a teaser of what is to come...?

@Edema Rue: Who's our resident history expert, who might be able to add other cities and/or past arenas, and verify the map's canonicity?

Edited by The Bookwyrm

5 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

I have a map of the continent these games have been taking place on. Note that this covers an area slightly smaller than North America. I don't have an exact scale.

Hide contents

THE DEDICATION

ITS BEAUTIFUL

Also: "The Dystopia" Should be the real name, I think it's cool. It could be like, deep and stuff

Also again: Your final time skip post was 7 years later, but will the games take place a little while after that? How long would that be? I need to know for family tree and tribute age purposes.

Also again again, but not for Bookwyrm, for the gm's: Do we have a time frame for the start of the sign up thread and the next games? Or is it still too soon.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

THE DEDICATION

ITS BEAUTIFUL

Also: "The Dystopia" Should be the real name, I think it's cool. It could be like, deep and stuff

Also again: Your final time skip post was 7 years later, but will the games take place a little while after that? How long would that be? I need to know for family tree and tribute age purposes.

Also again again, but not for Bookwyrm, for the gm's: Do we have a time frame for the start of the sign up thread and the next games? Or is it still too soon.

I guess I should just say it; I have been assigned as one of the GMs for the next game by our good friend Eddie. We can get the full list out soon.

We're saying that these games take place six years after the end of the Cosmere HG, because that gives two years for the civil war, three years for a new Dystopian government to take control, and one year to set up the first new games. Tinker's last post happens after these next Games.

We're still doing some planning before we open sign ups. I'll talk to the others and see if we can hammer out a date.

8 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I guess I should just say it; I have been assigned as one of the GMs for the next game by our good friend Eddie. We can get the full list out soon.

We're saying that these games take place six years after the end of the Cosmere HG, because that gives two years for the civil war, three years for a new Dystopian government to take control, and one year to set up the first new games. Tinker's last post happens after these next Games.

We're still doing some planning before we open sign ups. I'll talk to the others and see if we can hammer out a date.

Thanks! Congrats on being a GM, that's awesome!

2 hours ago, Ancient Elantrian said:

Yeah, does seem a bit wrong. 

Threnody also happened when people were a lot less busy.

Still, size matters not. I maintain that Stormlit is the best games.

Ah yes, but that was before my arrival into the games. So I have no idea how good it was. Because I wasn't there.

(Also I would like a moment of silence for the forest burned down during Threnodite.)

28 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Reveal hidden contents

@Edema Rue: Who's our resident history expert, who might be able to add other cities and/or past arenas, and verify the map's canonicity?

I think @Lord Spirit probably knows the most, right?

There’s also a history book Google doc you can check.

31 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Hide contents

Hmmm... the new arena's out on the ocean...Interesting...

37 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

I actually missed this bit: I'm not an expert, but I think it'd be worth placing the old districts (that have their own thread here) somewhere on the map. A lot of lore relevant stuff went down in Amyra Ay for me, and I have some important character locations there as well.

17 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

I actually missed this bit: I'm not an expert, but I think it'd be worth placing the old districts (that have their own thread here) somewhere on the map. A lot of lore relevant stuff went down in Amyra Ay for me, and I have some important character locations there as well.

Which side do you think each of those should go on, from what you remember?

32 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

You can also feel free to photoshop the image or something with the other locations so I don't have to re-scan it.

I probably should have scanned an unlabeled version for reference, just so we had a landmass.

29 minutes ago, Spark of Hope said:

Which side do you think each of those should go on, from what you remember?

uummmmm

well I will say, for Amyra Ay, the capitol had a pretty strong choke-hold on the city. I lead the RP in that thread for a good while, so a lot of worldbuilding nuances were up to me. There were a lot of peacemakers, and a large military base/ peacekeeper center in the middle of the city. I think having it be inside the dystopia would make more sense, if there's a new oppressive government, they could use the strength they already had there. Amyra Ay was also surrounded by farmland/ plains so geographically, it'd be in the middle of the continent.

As for the other districts, I did skim their threads, but not as much happened so I can't really say. Most of them consisted of slums and workhouses, and then wealthy areas with large houses (so not like there's geographical features to help decide). It might be worth checking with the people who were involved with those ones, if they have any opinions, but I don't think it would really matter either way which side they're on.

13 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

You can also feel free to photoshop the image or something with the other locations so I don't have to re-scan it.

I probably should have scanned an unlabeled version for reference, just so we had a landmass.

Sure! I can do a quick mockup of were I'd put them! give me an hour or so.

EDIT: Okay, forget an hour

How's this placement? I just tried to make things evenly placed:

Spoiler

Untitleddrawing(1).jpg.84c20b2e4134d16bb3ebdc528e446b36.jpg

Edited by J. Magi

1 hour ago, The Bookwyrm said:

ANNOUNCEMENT

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Reveal hidden contents

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

I think @Lord Spirit probably knows the most, right?

There’s also a history book Google doc you can check.

Ah yes, I have been summoned!

I don’t think there’s been a ton of geographical information given out. There are the four districts you have, although before those there were twelve districts for the Stormlit and threnody games. The history doc is very unfinished, but it has descriptions of the arenas. Technically, with the cytoverse games, the hunger games map includes space, do with that what you will. 
the Twinborn games were in an abandoned city, the rest were natural regions. I don’t think their position was ever given, so you could put them wherever. 

also, really cool idea! 

55 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

uummmmm

well I will say, for Amyra Ay, the capitol had a pretty strong choke-hold on the city. I lead the RP in that thread for a good while, so a lot of worldbuilding nuances were up to me. There were a lot of peacemakers, and a large military base/ peacekeeper center in the middle of the city. I think having it be inside the dystopia would make more sense, if there's a new oppressive government, they could use the strength they already had there. Amyra Ay was also surrounded by farmland/ plains so geographically, it'd be in the middle of the continent.

As for the other districts, I did skim their threads, but not as much happened so I can't really say. Most of them consisted of slums and workhouses, and then wealthy areas with large houses (so not like there's geographical features to help decide). It might be worth checking with the people who were involved with those ones, if they have any opinions, but I don't think it would really matter either way which side they're on.

Sure! I can do a quick mockup of were I'd put them! give me an hour or so.

EDIT: Okay, forget an hour

How's this placement? I just tried to make things evenly placed:

Hide contents

Untitleddrawing(1).jpg.84c20b2e4134d16bb3ebdc528e446b36.jpg

In my mind there'd be a lot more districts than just four, right?

These do work as general locations.

And these districts probably don't exist in their old forms anymore anyway, what with the civil war and political upheaval and such.

I might make a district map for just The Dystopia, in it's modern form.

1 minute ago, The Bookwyrm said:

In my mind there'd be a lot more districts than just four, right?

These do work as general locations.

And these districts probably don't exist in their old forms anymore anyway, what with the civil war and political upheaval and such.

I might make a district map for just The Dystopia, in it's modern form.

Okay! Yeah, I can't remember if there used to only be four, or if we were only going to rp four so it was manageable for the gm's. Either way, that can just be the general location of each one before the 100 year time-skip. 

Feel free to move them too, they don't need to be in those specific spots.

1 minute ago, J. Magi said:

Okay! Yeah, I can't remember if there used to only be four, or if we were only going to rp four so it was manageable for the gm's. Either way, that can just be the general location of each one before the 100 year time-skip. 

Feel free to move them too, they don't need to be in those specific spots.

...I completely forgot there was a timeskip.

It's weird that I'm GMing the next game...but have only been in one game. I know basically nothing about what happened before, and I don't want to completely take over the worldbuilding.

2 minutes ago, The Bookwyrm said:

...I completely forgot there was a timeskip.

It's weird that I'm GMing the next game...but have only been in one game. I know basically nothing about what happened before, and I don't want to completely take over the worldbuilding.

oh whoopsie

hey, seriously though, don't worry about the worldbuilding, it's always been extremely nebulous and vague (I mean . . it's a HGxCosmere crossover, not exactly the clearest thing to outline). Actually having something concrete is really exciting!

9 minutes ago, WhyEverNot_8 said:

Yo, I was looking at the HG doc, and I saw that it doesn’t record Tondon’s death and placing, could someone do that? (I dunno his placing)

you can if you want. the history doc is open to anyone to add to. I haven't kept up super well with the later half the cosmere games, so I haven't added much.

Just now, Lord Spirit said:

you can if you want. the history doc is open to anyone to add to. I haven't kept up super well with the later half the cosmere games, so I haven't added much.

Ok

I put that I/Connor killed him, but not his final place (Because, like I said, I don’t know what it was.)