The Hunger Games Chat Thread

Ooh! There could be some arena hack/rule where you automatically get however many Breaths the person you just killed had. 

And the Gamemakers are all Returned, so the interactions could be even more fun. 

Edited by LightRinger

41 minutes ago, LightRinger said:

Ooh! There could be some arena hack/rule where you automatically get however many Breaths the person you just killed had. 

And the Gamemakers are all Returned, so the interactions could be even more fun. 

Congratulations you guys just planned our next hunger games

(joking probably because I still think there’s a list)

(But)

(someday)

I finally got a copy of the first actual Hunger Games book from library today! I'm finally gonna read it and educate myself on how all this is meant to work lol

all of the other books I want to read have been unavailable for months and I'm only a little bit bitter about it

For obvious reasons this is probably bad, but…

I really don’t like the hunger games. I feel like the story just had so much potential that got dragged through the mud in the way Suzanne Collins did it. But it is what it is, and it’s cool that so many people know it. 

18 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Hunger games is a really good, the sequels are pretty good for sequels. 

15 hours ago, Edema Rue said:

For obvious reasons this is probably bad, but…

I really don’t like the hunger games. I feel like the story just had so much potential that got dragged through the mud in the way Suzanne Collins did it. But it is what it is, and it’s cool that so many people know it. 

Huh, well I guess we'll see if I like it or not lol

Some statistics on the games. The twinborn games ran for 17 days. The Stormlit games ran for 12 days. The threnody games lasted 22 days. The Cytoverse game were days 41 long. The smedry games were 82 days long. And the Cosmere games have been going for 71 days. 
I’m getting bored. Die already. 

Not trying to force anything, enjoy your summer, just know that the games have been going for a while  

Edited by Lord Spirit

56 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

Some statistics on the games. The twinborn games ran for 17 days. The Stormlit games ran for 12 days. The threnody games lasted 22 days. The Cytoverse game were days 41 long. The smedry games were 82 days long. And the Cosmere games have been going for 71 days. 

Not trying to force anything, enjoy your summer, just know that the games have been going for a while  

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry I haven’t been pushing more deaths, my summer and my head have been crazy recently, but I’m working on it…soon. It’s coming soon.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

My thoughts exactly.

Sorry I haven’t been pushing more deaths, my summer and my head have been crazy recently, but I’m working on it…soon. It’s coming soon.

I don’t want to make people feel like they need to be on the shard constantly to keep their character alive, but also, the entire point of the hunger games is death, so keeping characters alive isn’t really the point. You can always make a new one. 

2 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Hey, in our defense, we've got a lot more players and a lot more complicated arena's since Twinborn. There was no backstory or gm drama in Twinborn, so little to no plot. I think it's natural for them to get longer as the rp grows and get's more nuanced. 

Plus, the 'middle' of the rp has always been the slowest part, so it feels natural. I personally don't mind the slowness, it's certainly easier for to keep up with 😅. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like shard Rp's are faster these days. I hate to 'back in my day' everybody, but I feel like Rp's here used to be slower. What I'm trying to say is, the current rate for Cosmere hg feels normal to me.

2 minutes ago, Lord Spirit said:

I don’t want to make people feel like they need to be on the shard constantly to keep their character alive, but also, the entire point of the hunger games is death, so keeping characters alive isn’t really the point. You can always make a new one. 

I would argue it's about survival . . . hence your motivation is to stay alive so there's competition. But I digress.

1 hour ago, Edema Rue said:

My thoughts exactly.

Don't worry about it Eddie, we love you!

2 minutes ago, J. Magi said:

Hey, in our defense, we've got a lot more players and a lot more complicated arena's since Twinborn. There was no backstory or gm drama in Twinborn, so little to no plot. I think it's natural for them to get longer as the rp grows and get's more nuanced. 

Plus, the 'middle' of the rp has always been the slowest part, so it feels natural. I personally don't mind the slowness, it's certainly easier for to keep up with 😅. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like shard Rp's are faster these days. I hate to 'back in my day' everybody, but I feel like Rp's here used to be slower. What I'm trying to say is, the current rate for Cosmere hg feels normal to me.

I would argue it's about survival . . . hence your motivation is to stay alive so there's competition. But I digress.

Don't worry about it Eddie, we love you!

That’s fair, Slow RPing is good. But to be fair, threnody had 7 more tributes and 50 more pages in 1/3 the time. 
I worded the death part poorly. I meant that the point of this RP is for almost everyone to die, and I just feel like people sometimes forget that and are very hesitant to kill or be killed, which extends the games. I’m not saying that character development is bad, just that it makes it take longer to come to the same ending (mostly). I’m perfectly fine with slow RP’s, I just want some action when posts get made, instead of sometimes long dialogue. 

(I’m also just bored after dying a while ago and not having a new games to join, I don’t mean to be disrespectful in any way. I think the characters and storylines are great! )

1 hour ago, Lord Spirit said:

That’s fair, Slow RPing is good. But to be fair, threnody had 7 more tributes and 50 more pages in 1/3 the time. 
I worded the death part poorly. I meant that the point of this RP is for almost everyone to die, and I just feel like people sometimes forget that and are very hesitant to kill or be killed, which extends the games. I’m not saying that character development is bad, just that it makes it take longer to come to the same ending (mostly). I’m perfectly fine with slow RP’s, I just want some action when posts get made, instead of sometimes long dialogue. 

(I’m also just bored after dying a while ago and not having a new games to join, I don’t mean to be disrespectful in any way. I think the characters and storylines are great! )

Don't worry, my monster is slowly going completely insane.

2 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

Ah, gotchya. I'll admit though, as a writer I prefer writing dialogue to action scenes, so one again I don't mind it. I get where you're coming from though.

4 hours ago, Lord Spirit said:

I hear you, I hear you. If you get really desperate you can play a monster (which would help in multiple ways, you get to RP and tributes die) but my hope is to have it done around August 15th. That’s a hope, but as soon as @LightRinger does a thang I’ll start doing MURDER :lol:  

I’ve been trying to suggest that my alliance start killing others but I said something else in the same post and they narrowed in on that.

also I think everyone but Mark and Astra are in a sort of alliance so we’re screwed.

two vs five/six/I forget how many

we got this

10 minutes ago, The Stormfather said:

also I think everyone but Mark and Astra are in a sort of alliance so we’re screwed.

Ah, but you have a third person(ish) now. You were also supposed to have Red, but then he died. Monsters can be much stronger than tributes... 

3 hours ago, Dragonheir said:

Ah, but you have a third person(ish) now. You were also supposed to have Red, but then he died. Monsters can be much stronger than tributes... 

yeah, at least I doubt this is going to come to a crazy showdown, it’ll probably be slow starvation and death, or quiet assassination. If it comes to a showdown we’re dead. We’ll take someone with us, but we’re dead.