The Hunger Games Chat Thread

12 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

ooh wings of fire would be cool. would we be scavengers(humans) or dragons(there are what 11 different types now)

12 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

Scavengers probably cuz then massive dragons are going to eat you lol :P

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I want Wings of Fire Hunger Games now.

It 100% would have to be dragons scavengers are so boring smh xD

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

I want Wings of Fire Hunger Games now.

There was a wings of fire RP a long time ago. The main problem is that it takes a lot of imagination to visualize these dragons interacting.

2 hours ago, Invisible said:

Coolio

in my opinion, I think the games should stick to Sanderson-themed things mainly because it's what everyone on this site has in common: for instance, I've never watched dune (I did more important stuff while listening to it), but others have, whereas most people here know what Stormlight is.

Huh. I know this would take more work, and more GMs, but kinda going off of Thaids idea. At some point you could maybe have a sando and a non sando game going on at the same time. That way if people don't know the non sando games they just stick to the sando games.

Would be a heck of a lot more work tho.

4 hours ago, SmilingPanda19 said:

Currently we are going to get through most if not all of Sanderson and then move on to outside of Sanderson. We might mix some holiday ones in there and stuff. We might throw a non-Sanderson in there at some point in between stuff just to spread stuff out. With the number of games we want to do growing, we could be doing this for years… 

Panda probably has it all laid out cause rabid scheduling panda

11 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

It could go either way, though if you just hide, you're likely to die in these games as they want fighting :P

Additionally, just want to add that if you don't play the games, it's not as much fun. Tbh you should enjoy playing the games not enjoy avoiding playing the games, since it's inevitable

13 hours ago, The Wandering Wizard said:

I have suggested Wingfeather so it'll happen...eventually xD

But it would be so much fun and I want to be both tribute and GM for such a game xDDD

The setting I'd want to GM the most in would be Reckonerverse mainly because I want to see how much my skills have improved over four years and also I have some very spicy epics (that may or may not have been denied back in Reckoners' RPG)

3 hours ago, Thaidakar the Ghostblood said:

Hmmm...

Wanna hear my suggestion?

I say y'all get some more people in the main group doing the hunger games. big enough that you can split into like two or three groups that cycle through running the games. And if someone can't do it, someone else can fill in for them on the promise that the person will fill in for someone else at some point.

I don't know if that'd help alleviate the stress already applied when running or heck, even playing the games, especially if there is multiple games.

13 hours ago, RoyalBeeMage said:

yeah same. i have finaly become mostly cosmere aware.

Once you see the actors behind the play, it becomes harder to believe the play is real.

4 minutes ago, Experience said:

Huh. I know this would take more work, and more GMs, but kinda going off of Thaids idea. At some point you could maybe have a sando and a non sando game going on at the same time. That way if people don't know the non sando games they just stick to the sando games.

I'm actually interested to know how many people would play a non-sanderson game. Maybe a poll to find out? Idk I'm just spewing ideas kay

6 minutes ago, Experience said:

4 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I don't know if that'd help alleviate the stress already applied when running or heck, even playing the games, especially if there is multiple games.

I'll clarify and say I do not mean multiple games at once. What I am saying is that there are a group of people who alternate between running the games directly and giving advice from the background and playing it if they want to. That is what I am suggesting. Multiple at once would be insane and I do not think that the Hunger Games, as where it is rn, without an established community and way things have been run in the past, will be able to do that yet. YET. However, I do think that in a few years when we have more people here who really want to help run it and do it, that'll be the point where we can have multiple, such as with SE.

To continue the comparison with SE, SE is mainly Sanderson, but if someone wants to run a non-sanderson game, then they petition to the main people and can get approved for it (This is for any games whatsoever too.) My opinion is that they should be mainly Sanderson focused, but that we also do non Sanderson stuff every now and then to have some fun. Maybe we can mix in a few Non-Sanderson ones, maybe one or two a year to balance out with the rest of the Sanderson ones so that we have a break from the big lore stuff.

7 minutes ago, Aeoryi said:

I'm actually interested to know how many people would play a non-sanderson game. Maybe a poll to find out? Idk I'm just spewing ideas kay

Yeah, but not everyone would play any given game. It'll be easier once we have more of an established community. A poll is a good idea, though. I myself do think that people would want to participate, though definitely not as much as for a Sanderson game. Using them as a breath of fresh air every now and then maybe could work better? And if people don't want to participate in those ones for whatever reason, then that is perfectly fine, at least from how I perceive it.

2 hours ago, Aeoryi said:

Panda probably has it all laid out cause rabid scheduling panda

Additionally, just want to add that if you don't play the games, it's not as much fun. Tbh you should enjoy playing the games not enjoy avoiding playing the games, since it's inevitable

The setting I'd want to GM the most in would be Reckonerverse mainly because I want to see how much my skills have improved over four years and also I have some very spicy epics (that may or may not have been denied back in Reckoners' RPG)

Once you see the actors behind the play, it becomes harder to believe the play is real.

Aeoryi take a breath. Then another. Then calm down a weeeee bit :) 

(also I love all of everyone's ideas xD)

Ooh, what if somehow you made a hunger games where the goal was to kill people, not be the last one standing? Like everyone is brought back somehow after death, and eventually, at the end, the winner is crowned.

16 minutes ago, Lightweaver2 said:

Ooh, what if somehow you made a hunger games where the goal was to kill people, not be the last one standing? Like everyone is brought back somehow after death, and eventually, at the end, the winner is crowned.

That would be really interesting... I think it's a great idea

OH MY GOSH IT COULD BE A SCYTHE HUNGER GAMES

I am hype now.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood