3 hours ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"That was wonderful. Thank you." Iris said kindly, "Now, do you feel any calmer?" 

The message gets recorded for later.

@Ravenclawjedi42  

“A little.” Another pause, Athena seemed to be quite fond of those. “Thank you.”

1 hour ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“A little.” Another pause, Athena seemed to be quite fond of those. “Thank you.”

"Yes, of course. Are you alright?" She spins in her office chair and eyes the answering machine. "I have a bunch of calls piling up, but need you to be ok before I hang up." 

4 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Yes, of course. Are you alright?" She spins in her office chair and eyes the answering machine. "I have a bunch of calls piling up, but need you to be ok before I hang up." 

“I…I think so. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Athena quickly hangs up the phone.

18 minutes ago, Ravenclawjedi42 said:

“I…I think so. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Athena quickly hangs up the phone.

"Bye." She hangs up and walks over to the answering machine, playing the first message. 

On 1/10/2024 at 8:23 PM, Invisible said:

The person on the other side sighs. "I've been forcibly ripped across-" they start leaving a message, then suddenly get cut off, the line breaking.

"Curious." She says... "I don't know what to do with that..." She leaves a message saying that, in an emergency, to please contact the hotline.

she picked up the next one.

On 1/10/2024 at 9:44 PM, Part Of The Narrative said:

"it's not working," she whispered hysterically. "What do I do? Jared, it's not working!"

"What are you doing, Isa??!" The older male voice was dark and decisive, yet somehow shaky at the same time. "You can't...you can't be in here right now! It's not safe!!"

"What do you mean?" She shook the phone, crying. "Please pick up. He's not acting right. He's not my brother and--" The phone beeped, cutting off the recorded message Isa didn't realize she had sent.

Iris winced and left a message. "Hello there, I'm Iris Winter, you're call was... somewhat distressing. Do you need help?"

@Part Of The Narrative

43 minutes ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"Bye." She hangs up and walks over to the answering machine, playing the first message. 

"Curious." She says... "I don't know what to do with that..." She leaves a message saying that, in an emergency, to please contact the hotline.

she picked up the next one.

Iris winced and left a message. "Hello there, I'm Iris Winter, you're call was... somewhat distressing. Do you need help?"

@Part Of The Narrative

"The--the only number he had--" Isa shivered, glancing over his shoulder. "Can you help?"

On 1/18/2024 at 9:43 PM, Part Of The Narrative said:

"The--the only number he had--" Isa shivered, glancing over his shoulder. "Can you help?"

"Help with what?" Iris asks calmly. @Part Of The Narrative

child?

@Part Of The Narrative

Edited by Just-A-Stick

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"Get out, Isa. I'll talk to her." The male voice moves closer, and the sound of a door closing echoes.

"Hello?" Iris asked, her voice tinged with worry. 

4 hours ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

Silence. Jared stared at the ground. "Why would you want to..." She must want something.

"I want to help you." She says slowly, "You called me, so I'm sure you could use some help."

1 hour ago, Just-A-Stick said:

"I want to help you." She says slowly, "You called me, so I'm sure you could use some help."

"I didn't call you."  Jared took a long breath, seeming to listen to someone else. "You're right. I don't need...I can't have...help. You're right." 

2 minutes ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"I didn't call you."  Jared took a long breath, seeming to listen to someone else. "You're right. I don't need...I can't have...help. You're right." 

"Please, sir? Can you tell me you're name?" 

1 minute ago, Part Of The Narrative said:

"I-Isa." She swallowed. "Isabel. Miss Iris is a pretty name."

"Well thank you, Isabel is very pretty to." Iris smiles into the phone, "How old are you, Isabel?" 

Just now, Part Of The Narrative said:

"Six." She looks up at Jared, who tries for an encouraging smile. It doesn't really work, but Isa pretends it does.

"Good... Can you tell me why you called me today?" Iris keeps her voice warm and kind.